Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Still spotting at 13 weeks can Fish oil dha can be the reason?

Hi Atomic,

As you know I have been spotting since week 5 almost everyday with exception at 11 weeks for 8 days then back to spotting again. Dr have never been able to find a reason for that. While searching for spotting i came over your post to someone that dha derivedfro
    Fish oil can cause spotting. The dha pills i am taking are derived fro
    Fish oil. In earlier 2 pregnancies I never took over the counter prenatals my dr always prescribed for me so not dure what kind of dha they had but never had any spotting issues with those 2 pregnancies.

My question here is should i stop the fish oil dhas and switch to plant based dha? If yes should i just quit my current prenatals cold turkey and switch to new ones or do it gradually. I don’t take separate dha pills it’s already in the prenatals.

I would highly appreciate your response on this.

Thank you

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES it can cause spotting (it's not that it's fish vs. plant based, but the dose. All DHA's can cause bleeding in higher doses.
    The fish oil DHA come in much higher dose than the plant based ones) but PLEASE do not suddenly switch from one to the other. We want to get you on DHA that is a lower dose than what yo'ure taking now.

DO NOT EVER EVER stop prenatals or any vitamins cold turkey esp. when pregnant. Please please please wean gradually from one to the other. you will possibly need to find a separate vitamin and DHA supp now to ensure you're going to a lower dose of DHA.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it ok if the new prenatal has slightly different (lesser) dose of other vitamins as well as compared to my current one? I am looking at one with same brand with 100 mg DHA instead of 300 mg but has slightly lower dose of other vitamins as well.

These are the ingredients for the CURRENT ONE
    Ingredients
    Vitamin A 5000IU, Vitamin C 100mg, Vitamin D 2000IU, Vitamin E 60IU, Vitamin K 80mcg, Thiamin 15mg, Riboflavin 15mg, Niacin 30mg, Vitamin B6 25mg, Folate 1000mcg, Vitamin B12 100mcg, Biotin 300mcg, Pantothenic Acid 15mg, Calcium 34mg, Iron 27mg, Iodine 300mcg, Magnesium 20mg, Zinc 11mg, Copper 1mg, Selenium 35mcg, Manganese 2mg, Chromium 400mcg, Molybdenum 37.5mcg, Docosahexaenoim Acid 300mg, Lutein Zeaxanthin Complex .9mg, Choline 25mg, Fish Gelatin, Glycerin, Yellow Beeswax, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Purified Water, Soy Lecitin, Organic Coconut Oil, Annatto, Caramel Color.

NEW ONES
    Ingredients
    Vitamin A 4000IIU, Vitamin C 60mg, Vitamin D 2000IU, Vitamin E 30IU, Thiamin 1.7mg, Riboflavin 2mg, Niacin 20mg, Vitamin B6 2.5mg, Folic Acid 800mcg, Vitamin B12 8mcg, Biotin 300mcg, Pantothenic Acid 10mg, Calcium 25mg, Iron 18mg, Iodine 150mcg, Magnesium 25mg, Zinc 15mg, Copper 2mg, Fish Gelatin Glycerin, Yellow Beeswax, Purified Water, Soy Lecitin, Caramel

As you see there is quite a bit of difference between both,

Please let me know
    Last edited by princessdream; January 9th, 2019 at 04:51 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gradually wean from one to he other and it's fine. DO NOT suddenly go from the one to the other.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ