Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How was the birth of your third baby?

I´m trying to focus on birth and babies in general instead of gender

What can I expect? Was it quicker for you than the first 2 births?
    My first was a 24 hours home birth, very relaxed and labour was painful only when I went from 9 to 10 cm dilatation. I pushed for one hour and a half, that was hard.
    With my second I had two days of irregular labour, then the real labour (in hospital this time) was 4-5 hours and it was very painful, the contractions came one after the other without pauses. I pushed for half an hour.

Ah, and also, with my first I had an episotemy. With my second I didn´t, but the old scar ripped open again plus I ripped on the other side too (nice !) Will this all ripp open again? Even if you have no idea about this feel free to answer noooo! Doulamama?
    I´m hoping a water birth will help me.
    6 3
    swayed for a

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my third one was quite painful, but quick (about 3 hours). The waters didn't break till the the had got engaged - I was told this is why it was so painful.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm curious about this too! My first labour was about 8 hours, and I pushed for 30min (natural birth). My second came like a freight train! I was in labour 1 hr 45min, and he just shot out!! We had JUST walked into the hospital and into the L&D ward. Wasn't even able to get myself up onto the bed before he was born! My husband and I are a bit concerned that the 3rd could be as fast or faster. Eek!
    October 2009 February 2011 November 2012 April 2014

Hoping for our !

Cycle 1 HRC Dec 2013: 13 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 4 HB frozen
    Cycle 2 HRC Feb 2014: 19 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized, 12 HB + 4 frozen tested
    4 XX / 4 XY
    March 18, 2013 - BFP; Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks & 7 weeks
    April 12, 2013 - 8 weeks, no longer a heartbeat & M/C due to large SCH.
    FET August 2014: 1 embryo thawed & arrested. 2nd (and last) embryo thawed & transferred. Faint BFP 5dp6dt; 9dp6dt beta <1 Chemical

Now what to do........

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't say my 3rd labour was any easier than the others (but I wasn't expecting it to be - all my babies are back to back!). It was shorter though and I only pushed for 5 minutes.

When I arrived at hospital the midwives seemed to think either a) this one was going to come really quickly because it was my third or b) this one was going to be really awkward because it was my third!! I'm sure each birth is different and there's no way of telling but I think it's a huge advantage to have some experience behind you, to know what to expect and to know what you do and don't like when in labour!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS1: Didn't realize that I should've gone 100% natural. Suffered through phentynol which made the pain unbearable when it wore off. Quick labor 10.5 hours. Pushed for 20 minutes.

DS2: Prepared myself for natural labor. Contractions started painfully, but very slow in between. Realized later that the baby was posterior. Only reason I made it through that naturally was my Bradley class. 9.5 hours. Pushed for 5-10 minutes.

DS 3: Perfect labor. Almost. Went into labor in the morning around 9am. Contractions weren't regular until noon. Took the morning easy, went to lunch with the kiddos, dropped kiddos off, went to a movie...well, the first 30 minutes of it. Went home when the contractions wouldn't end (went from 10 down to 5 during "resting" period & back up to a 10). Went to the hospital. Walked up on my own & measured at 8cm. Gave up too early & laid down, hoping last 2 CM would go quickly. Took another hour. Total from regular contractions: 7.5 hours. By far, my most "in control" , enjoyable labor. Hoping for a 5 hour baby this time! Pushed for 2-3 minutes.

**For the record, it was more painful to deliver a normally-facing 9.5lb baby (#3) than it was to deliver a posterior facing 6lb14oz baby (#2). Interesting!
    Last edited by applesoup; January 13th, 2012 at 05:40 PM.

Due Nov 2015-- Praying for

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My 3rd was the hardest.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ds1 like 24 hrs was terrible lol, had an episiotomy with him but small one(8lbs 5oz)

ds2 i was hospitalized at 31wks spent weeks in hospital on mag? to stop labor finally sent home on bedrest and meds, made it to 37wks when my water broke, my easiest labor 4hrs later and he came out(had an epidural talked and laughed through the whole labor, even pushing) but oh my God he was 8lbs 10oz and I ripped terribly bad, when epidural wore off oh wow the pain was terrible, it hurt to walk, recovery sucked

ds3 didnt want to come out, ob finally set a day to be induced(was 39wks 4days) was supposed to show up at 7am to be induced and showed up around 4am in labor lol was about 10hrs and barely ripped needed like one stitch, recovery was easy(8lbs 1oz)

ds4 was 37wks(long story on why I was induced, he needed out and medically attention) but labor was like 6hrs and I didnt even rip with him at all, recovery was awesome(7lbs 4oz) and he spent 10 days in nicu with pnueomonia (he healthy fat 2yr old now lol)
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My third was the hardest as well....just horrible.
    '04'06'10'14

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Easy! Induced and delivered in a few hours with no issues.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course your 4th babies just flew out with literally no pain right?! I'm all about positive thinking when it comes to labour and birth
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast