Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    2 lbs is not a huge weight gain for that stage of pregnancy.

Some people have reported weight gain, others didn't gain much and had food aversions.

I did LE Diet twice and with my 4th pg I showed and gained a massive amount immediately (and 80 lbs overall, yikes) and then with my 5th I didn't gain at all (which is never true for me, LOL) and didn't even show till I was 5 months pregnant. Even my adult sons who lived with me didn't know I was pregnant till my 5th month. So the pattern I took from that is that there probably is no pattern.

Just eat what you can, I'm not a fan of limiting food intake when pregnant. Like I said, 2 lbs is nothing at all, I regularly gain 10 in the first trimester!
    Thanks AS. I am hoping when I pick up cardio again my weight gain will slow down. Right now exercise has fallen off the map because I’ve had terrible nausea since 4 weeks pregnant (much earlier than both boys). I oddly am not that tired though which is another difference.

With my first I went for a job interview at 51/2 months and they had no idea. With my second I started looking like I had a big lunch around 20 weeks. Historically, I don’t get really big until the last month. But of course swaying has definitely changed my body chemistry so who knows how this will go.

Was your 5th pregnancy your girl?

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dreamofdaughter, I wish you so much to get your DD! FXFXFX!

Yeah, although I and my DH wanted a girl since the beginning, but seeing our sons play together makes me feel so happy, and I wouldn't want this to be any other way. But especially after losing our twin girls, we wanted to have a girl even more. But it took lots of time to feel ready to try again, then surprisingly it turned out to be not easy this time (maybe due to swaying?) to get pregnant again, then I had chemical, then miscarriage, then threatened pregnancy and other health problems, I really panicked that I won't be able to have a healthy baby and/or carry till term. So I'm really happy that this little boy was so stubborn to make it. I just regret we may never have a girl or even a chance, and actually I even wonder if we should give it a try at all because of my age and other problems.

I've been told it's a boy at 11.5 weeks, and I had really bad GD due to the fact that this is most likely my last baby. But the closer the due date the happier I am. So at first I was really sad and wasn't quite hiding it, but now I just say it first to people and with sad tone intentionally, to kind of move on quickly and avoid people's negative comments. They usually say "the most important thing is healthy baby" and I agree with them and the topic is closed But yeah, you are right, I should be careful to not make an impression on my sons, that I'm not happy with our third boy. Actually my DS1 also wanted a sister, so he may be a little upset too, but he's still pretty excited with new baby to coming soon.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sunstars View Post
    Dreamofdaughter, I wish you so much to get your DD! FXFXFX!

Yeah, although I and my DH wanted a girl since the beginning, but seeing our sons play together makes me feel so happy, and I wouldn't want this to be any other way. But especially after losing our twin girls, we wanted to have a girl even more. But it took lots of time to feel ready to try again, then surprisingly it turned out to be not easy this time (maybe due to swaying?) to get pregnant again, then I had chemical, then miscarriage, then threatened pregnancy and other health problems, I really panicked that I won't be able to have a healthy baby and/or carry till term. So I'm really happy that this little boy was so stubborn to make it. I just regret we may never have a girl or even a chance, and actually I even wonder if we should give it a try at all because of my age and other problems.

I've been told it's a boy at 11.5 weeks, and I had really bad GD due to the fact that this is most likely my last baby. But the closer the due date the happier I am. So at first I was really sad and wasn't quite hiding it, but now I just say it first to people and with sad tone intentionally, to kind of move on quickly and avoid people's negative comments. They usually say "the most important thing is healthy baby" and I agree with them and the topic is closed But yeah, you are right, I should be careful to not make an impression on my sons, that I'm not happy with our third boy. Actually my DS1 also wanted a sister, so he may be a little upset too, but he's still pretty excited with new baby to coming soon.
    Thank you sunstars for the good wishes. I am so sorry for your loss. You're such a strong person. I pray for your son's safe arrival. I say goodnight to my baby every night and thank him/her for joining us and ask him/her to stay strong and please make it. At my age, healthy is most important I have to remind myself that ALL the time. That's why i won't tell people if boy/girl. I want to be happy or temporarily sad without other people's voices in my ear, you know? So I can focus on the positive and not have to listen to their demons.

I know it's hard to imagine having another after 40. If you do decide, please have faith. I had so many drs saying I didn't have good odds (I would come home and cry) and true I did not have good odds (I got pregnant just shy of turning 43 - DH and I had agreed after my bday we would not try again) and now there is something in my heart that tells me this baby is strong (maybe that is just my hope, who knows?). My AMH was so low and that was a full year before I conceived that I got it tested so I am certain it had plummeted further. But let me tell you, other than the nausea, I feel really good! I am barely tired. I can concentrate at work. If I didn't feel sick before and after I ate, life would be golden. I pray for your happiness and that your heart's desires find you.

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes wildlyluna liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, it was my girl, but I do not want you to read anything into that because after talking to 1,234,567 people about this, I hear just as often from people who are gaining weight who go on to have girls as I do those who don't gain and are having girls. I get these type of questions all the time, and the only trend I can see (and I look very hard for trends!) is that there is no trend, every pregnancy is different.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your pregnancy! I’m 8 weeks 3 days and I have gained 5 lbs! I noticed with my pregnancies I tend to gain a lot in the first trimester and hit a platue in the second where it goes steady and then gain a bit more in the end of the pregnancy! I’ve come to realize it’s just my body, I’m very petite body framed and show right away the last three pregnancies cause of the weight gain. I’m
    Also coming off LE and because I get no nausea I eat a lot of frequent meals and I’d say 80% of it very healthy, I’m Still gaining steady. A lot of it even for you could be water weight. I
    Drink a lot more now that I’m trying to keep hydrated. My husband joked that you can tell I’m not just getting fat because my belly button has become an outtie already. Actually just yesterday evening my mom asked me if I’m pregnant and she stopped in while I was wearing a tank top lol . I won’t be able to hide it much longer lol It’s normal, two lbs is nothing, you could definitely gain more and still go on to have a healthy weight gain in pregnancy. and if you are not having any vomiting your probably eating more comfortably and keeping it all down. I hope you feel better by all the posts but I wouldn’t be concerned at all! I’ve had 6 pregnancies (3 losses) and I gained in all from
    The start and never went much over weight at all. Just try to eat healthy too, don’t be afraid to give into your cravings though because of that good luck
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; February 27th, 2019 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dreamofdaughter, I wish and pray you'll continue to have an easy pregnancy and have your strong and healthy baby!

Thank you very much for your kind words, I can't wait to finally have my DS3 with us safe and healthy.
    Yeah, some doctors can be awful, I've been told not to bother having more kids since I already had two. Well, actually many of my relatives and friends said the same thing, they will go crazy if know I'm still not sure if I will close "the factory" after this baby Of course, they worry about me/my health/if I can take care of so many children/etc., but anyway, it's pretty insensitive and discouraging.

I also initially thought I will hide this pregnancy as long as I could, but I started to show very early, even though initially it was just bloating, but people were noticing it and asking directly, and I couldn't deny. But of course, processing it on your own and especially news about gender would be the best. Good luck!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedbymybabies View Post
    Congrats on your pregnancy! I’m 8 weeks 3 days and I have gained 5 lbs! I noticed with my pregnancies I tend to gain a lot in the first trimester and hit a platue in the second where it goes steady and then gain a bit more in the end of the pregnancy! I’ve come to realize it’s just my body, I’m very petite body framed and show right away the last three pregnancies cause of the weight gain. I’m
    Also coming off LE and because I get no nausea I eat a lot of frequent meals and I’d say 80% of it very healthy, I’m Still gaining steady. A lot of it even for you could be water weight. I
    Drink a lot more now that I’m trying to keep hydrated. My husband joked that you can tell I’m not just getting fat because my belly button has become an outtie already. Actually just yesterday evening my mom asked me if I’m pregnant and she stopped in while I was wearing a tank top lol . I won’t be able to hide it much longer lol It’s normal, two lbs is nothing, you could definitely gain more and still go on to have a healthy weight gain in pregnancy. and if you are not having any vomiting your probably eating more comfortably and keeping it all down. I hope you feel better by all the posts but I wouldn’t be concerned at all! I’ve had 6 pregnancies (3 losses) and I gained in all from
    The start and never went much over weight at all. Just try to eat healthy too, don’t be afraid to give into your cravings though because of that good luck
    Thanks blessed! I really hadn’t thought about water weight but you’re right. I was likely dehydrated before I conceived and now I drink a lot of water because even if I eat I feel nauseas but I can hold off the nausea by drinking carbonated lime water. I’m drinking a ton of it. Hadn’t thought about that!

I have no cravings. Nothing! The thought of eating in general turns my stomach but I think that’s a by product of eating and then feeling so nauseas. It’s funny though I will take this over the exhaustion where I can’t function all day. I hope I manage to escape that until I can tell my work at least then I can rest without them questioning me.

I hope for you a smooth pregnancy and your DG! I think we are due around the same time. I’m waiting to have a dating scan but I think I am 8 weeks today.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12