Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gaining weight quickly after swaying girl

I’ve already gained two pounds and not even hit 8 weeks, this surprises me because I’m not eating that much more yet. I still skip breakfast but only until 10. I just can’t seem to go back to eating breakfast after a year on the diet. I do eat more protein at dinner but the I eat the same amount for lunch cause I get full pretty fast. With my boys, I gained about 2 lbs the whole first trimester. Any other girl swayers find they gained a lot early on? More just curious, not concerned. I started at 105 so I don’t think people can see the weight gain yet, just me.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did. I had a hard time steering away from LE when I was pregnant with DS3, I guess because I was on the diet for so long. I gained about 50 lbs with him when I typically gain around 35. I figured my body just needed the extra weight/fat since I was underweight and swayed for a year.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your weight could easily slow down in the coming months. Gaining a couple pounds in the first trimester isn't a big deal. I think I gained about 2 lbs in the early weeks with DS2 yet I gained the least overall with him. My theory is that after swaying pink, the body may feel the need to "stock up" (store fat) in case of hard times.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ksmom. Not really worried just seems odd for me to gain weight so fast.

Any moms have this and go on to have baby girl? Trying to hold onto some Hope here.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dreamofdaughter i gained a LOT more weight with my 2 girl pregnancies than i did with my first 4 boys.

after my 2 girls i had my 5th boy, he was a pink sway and i gained the same with him as my 2 girls (1 sway, 1 not) so i think the weight loss before bfp did contribute, im now pregnant again after around 6 months on pink sway diet and the weight piled on in the first tri again, i wont know gender till birth but i think its linked to the diet/weight loss more than gender of baby
    now 6blue5pink

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much 4blue2pink! I hope your sway is successful!

It’s so ridiculous that I even feelI need hope I mean who cares? I’m pregnant over 40! It’s truly amazing. I think I am really worried because of the comments I will get. I know I will love the baby regardless and I’m already itching to get my scans and imagine the exhausting but magical newborn days. I decided this time I am going to put my foot down and say I want exclusive bonding time instead of having in/laws come stay with us right away and hog my baby! My MIL would take my baby until I had to nurse and only then give him back and then take him away right away and refused to help make dinner because she “wanted to hold the baby” so I ended up making us dinner. I still feel bitter I missed all those new baby snuggles. Sooo excited for my last chance. But I am scared of the comments. I’m trying to mentally prepare the comebacks but I’m really bad at comebacks. I go all deer in headlights. 🙄 One woman said “I’m so sorry” when she found out I had a second boy. I try not to think of all the comments but it’s so hard!!!

10. Thanks 4blue2pink thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't sway until DS3. So I gained around 35 pounds with DS1, then could lose only half of that, then during first trimester with DS2 lost a few more pounds, but ended gaining another 40 pounds with DS2. Then again lost half of it before got pregnant with my twin girls, and gained only a few pounds till 28 weeks. Then I swayed and have lost all the weight I have gained during all pregnancies, but had a miscarriage at 9 weeks and gained a few pounds before last bfp. So to say the truth, once I started gaining very rapidly during this last pregnancy, I got suspicious it was a boy Well, I gained now more than 50 pounds (more than ever) and I'm around 37 weeks pregnant with DS3.

As for comments, I am the one telling immediately with sad face and not-quite-happy intonation in my voice that it's another boy (I have no living girls), so usually people start to "cheer me up", and say, hey, that's wonderful, three boys, that's really great! only a few of them add, "don't worry the next one will be a girl" (welllll, yeah, I'm 40 already), and only 2 of them said "oh, no!". But I'm sure if I would let them ask first about gender, more people would say "oh, no, it's sad/bad/sorry/etc.")

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks sunstars for your reply. It’ll be interesting to see what it is for me - I am hoping since I’ve never put weight on quickly before that means opposite baby for me. Normally I can wear my regular jeans well into second trimester because i just gain belly weight but already they are right around my butt so I’m hopeful that is a good sign for me!

I never tell any people IRL about gender desire or any kind of disappointment but I can understand it is difficult to hide. I hid my feelings of sadness with my second because I would never want him to know I felt that way. And if did take me longer to bond but when I did bond I was head over heels and I’m so happy my second was a boy now. Seeing my boys play makes me so happy. My YDS idolizes his brother. I would get upset when people would make comments in front of ODS (after YDS was born)because I didn’t want him to think there was something wrong with having a boy. And I just don’t trust people enough to share that I want a girl. Even now, when people ask if I will try for a girl (no one IRL other than my dr knows I am pregnant or that we were trying) I just say I am happy with my boys. I am hoping to hide my pregnancy until I can find out gender at 20weeks. I guess we will see! And even then, I won’t tell people IRL either way if it is girl/boy. Here the techs will never give you nub shots because of the risk of gender abortions so I won’t know for still many, many weeks.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamofdaughter View Post
    Thank you so much 4blue2pink! I hope your sway is successful!

It’s so ridiculous that I even feelI need hope I mean who cares? I’m pregnant over 40! It’s truly amazing. I think I am really worried because of the comments I will get. I know I will love the baby regardless and I’m already itching to get my scans and imagine the exhausting but magical newborn days. I decided this time I am going to put my foot down and say I want exclusive bonding time instead of having in/laws come stay with us right away and hog my baby! My MIL would take my baby until I had to nurse and only then give him back and then take him away right away and refused to help make dinner because she “wanted to hold the baby” so I ended up making us dinner. I still feel bitter I missed all those new baby snuggles. Sooo excited for my last chance. But I am scared of the comments. I’m trying to mentally prepare the comebacks but I’m really bad at comebacks. I go all deer in headlights. �� One woman said “I’m so sorry” when she found out I had a second boy. I try not to think of all the comments but it’s so hard!!!
    thankyou
    why does your MIL do that?! its not her baby!! and for her to refuse to help when shes in your house leaving you to make her food! NO!! you 100% need to put your foot down and have time with your baby before any visitors Congratulations on your pregnancy dont let any stupid comments bring you down, enjoy every second of your pregnancy and baby xx
    now 6blue5pink

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2 lbs is not a huge weight gain for that stage of pregnancy.

Some people have reported weight gain, others didn't gain much and had food aversions.

I did LE Diet twice and with my 4th pg I showed and gained a massive amount immediately (and 80 lbs overall, yikes) and then with my 5th I didn't gain at all (which is never true for me, LOL) and didn't even show till I was 5 months pregnant. Even my adult sons who lived with me didn't know I was pregnant till my 5th month. So the pattern I took from that is that there probably is no pattern.

Just eat what you can, I'm not a fan of limiting food intake when pregnant. Like I said, 2 lbs is nothing at all, I regularly gain 10 in the first trimester!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

17. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamofdaughter View Post
    Thanks ksmom. Not really worried just seems odd for me to gain weight so fast.

Any moms have this and go on to have baby girl? Trying to hold onto some Hope here.
    yes I constantly get this question and yes people have it happen and go on to have a baby girl.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

19. Likes dreamofdaughter liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast