Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gestational diabetes and gender

Hi ladies.
    I am freaking out with every US and blood works coz there are some or the other thing that points to having a boy.. Had my blood reports today and result says I have GD (that is why my baby is measuring 2w ahead) I just couldn't control posting here after reading that GD is more common with boys..
    Ladies pls share your experience and thoughts. Any of you had GD, measuring ahead at US and had a baby girl?? I think I am worrying alot about the gender of the baby now..

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where did you read that?

If you have a history of gestational diabetes this might mean you've got higher blood sugar from then on and this might make you more likely to conceive boys IN THE FUTURE. This is why I have people with a history of gestational diabetes follow the alternate form of LE Diet that is more helpful to controlling blood sugar.

But this DOES NOT MEAN your baby is a boy. Having gestational diabetes during a pregnancy does not indicate your baby's gender. I know of hundreds of GD babies even some so severe the mother had to be on insulin that were girls.

You can always find some sign or another to worry about. None of them tell you your baby's gender!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes TA Sait liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TA Sait View Post
    Hi ladies.
    I am freaking out with every US and blood works coz there are some or the other thing that points to having a boy.. Had my blood reports today and result says I have GD (that is why my baby is measuring 2w ahead) I just couldn't control posting here after reading that GD is more common with boys..
    Ladies pls share your experience and thoughts. Any of you had GD, measuring ahead at US and had a baby girl?? I think I am worrying alot about the gender of the baby now..
    Here's a pic of the scan. Guesses

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

5. Likes shafique8733 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guessed in your other post!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TA Sait View Post
    Hi ladies.
    Both my boys measured 2-3 weeks ahead from about 18 weeks and I had no GD. My gf had two giros and had GD with both, so I don’t think it actually means anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes TA Sait liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For what it's worth: I had no GD with my boy and did have GD with my girl; lots of pink dust your way

Atomic, did I get it right that if you had GD during a previous pregnancy, you are more likely to conceive a boy next time? So if I'd rather have a girl, I'd better not try again?

10. Likes TA Sait liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The entire LE Diet, the alternate version particularly, is meant to undo any issue with insulin sensitivity and high blood sugar. It is fine to try again, we actually have excellent results with people who have issues with blood sugar.

There is ALWAYS a chance of an opposite (somewhere between 20-30%). So if you really cannot handle a boy, then that's a reason to reconsider trying. But having a history of gestational diabetes is NOT a valid reason not to try. You can sway around that very easily.

12. Thanks SoFullofHope thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that there's no guarantee in swaying. And as I am one of the very, very lucky ones who have been blessed with both a boy and a girl, I can now certainly live with a sway opposite. However, I'm ashamed to admit that - at least presently - I am a much better girl mum than a boy mum, so I will try both: working on my gender disappointment to become a better boy mum, and still try for a girl.

It's very good to hear that not all hope of another girl is lost and there are ways to try and sway around it: Thank you!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ta your scan looks like a girl!! Gd has no relation to boy or girl my friends had a 11lb baby girl and Gd. Chill ❤❤❤

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell_ View Post
    Ta your scan looks like a girl!! Gd has no relation to boy or girl my friends had a 11lb baby girl and Gd. Chill ❤❤❤
    Thanks Nell. I am actually much chilled out after getting all girl guesses lol. I am not even worrying about any OWT that says it's a boy... Hope all the guesses are right FX..

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast