Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chances of a girl?

We did the baby dance Sept 14th. My fertile window was between Sep 18 - Sep 23. What are the chances we'd have a girl?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No one can tell you your chances like that - it just doesn't work that way. There are too many other things that affect your likelihood of having a boy or a girl than the day of intercourse (which actually tells you nothing reliable about gender outcome.)

The good news is, you always have a chance of a girl! Huge congrats and pink dust headed your way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought having bd a few days before ovulation increases the chance of a girl, because girl-sperm is slower but lives longer.
    Single mom of 3 and done!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing has been as debunked as it's possible for something in science to be debunked. X and Y sperm are the same size, they live the same amount of time, swim the same speed, and whenever timing was studied using modern technology like ultrasounds and blood tests to accurately pin down ovulation, scientists found 50-50 boys and girls conceived every cycle day (and additionally a narrower window of fertility than Shettles claimed, with most conceptions (male and female alike) happening from intercourse O-2 and O-1, a smaller number from O-3 and O Day, and very few any other day of the cycle.

I have probably more information than anyone ever wanted to know in the following essays:

https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...le-timing.html
    https://genderdreaming.com/forum/swa...m-y-sperm.html

And since I know I'm just one person, here is Tamara at InGender confirming this same thing over a decade ago. We may not agree on everything but we do agree that Shettles has been completely debunked. 2003 Dr. Shettles died- his theory has been proven inaccurate in Gender Swaying Forum

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah ok thnx! I’m not a reader so I’m skipping that lol, but I do remember I’ve read somewhere that what shettles thought was girl-sperm (slower) was actually sperm that still had to loose a cap and after losing that, they were also faster.
    Single mom of 3 and done!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep. He mistook capacitated and uncapacitated sperm for X and Y sperm. Capacitated sperm have lost their protective cap and are small and hyper and ready to fertilize an egg. Uncapacitated sperm are slow because they're half-asleep and have a protective cap; the cap keeps them alive longer. He wrongfully assumed that the big sperm were and the small ones Y, but they weren't at all. The small sperm were just ready to fertilize the egg, and that uses up all their energy so they die fast. The big ones were slow and lived a long time only because they were lying in wait for an egg to show up later, so they survived longer. There were always both X and Y sperm among both groups, which has been completely proven now. It's impossible to tell the difference between X and Y through a microscope like Shettles thought, but it is possible to see capacitated vs. uncapacitated sperm. He was just wrong, and he inconveniently died before he could personally retract his theory in the face of the undeniable evidence, but he was a legitimate scientist and surely would have, I have no doubt. the people that profit on his theory now are capitalizing on a well-meaning person's honest mistake.