Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Consumed by wondering about gender

Argh sorry I just need to write this down as I can't tell anyone in real life. But I am 6 weeks pregnant - had started swaying for a girl but got pregnant very quickly when we hadn't even really properly decided to TTC. I am so totally all consumed by hoping / praying / wondering if it's a girl and so angry at myself that I didn't really even have a chance to give it my best shot, and it will be my fault if it doesn't work. I will do NIPT at 10 weeks but it's literally all I can think about. (I have 2 DS already). I have a constant pit of anxiety in my stomach at all times. I am torn between wanting time to speed up to go faster to find out the sex, and not wanting it to come at all because i can't bear for my dream to be popped and over (definitely last DC). I have basically no symptoms at all either which I know doesn't mean anything - I've read every forum post on it! But it's obviously against the old wives tale that girls give you more symptoms! so I'm over analysing everything. I just felt like i need to write this down to try and get some release from going round in circles in my mind. I want a girl so much it hurts - I feel like only people in this forum will ever understand this feeling. It's so all consuming I can barely concentrate on anything else.

2. Likes polaris.kai, YesIcan2020 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really hope you got lucky reddevil. “Some” sway is better than no sway at all. I’ve heard Atomic explain it like a ‘dial’ that is tuned into pink or blue. Think of your lead up to TTC as at least a slight tune into pink so you’re better off than what you were when conceiving your boys! It is hard to stop thinking about it though. I think I had such strong girl vibes at the beginning but started losing faith after our due date group kept getting opposites so now I’m thinking about it a lot more. I haven’t been too sick with this one but I’m trying not to overthink it and be thankful that I’m coping okay with #4! PS I never planned on having 4 so you never know what’s on your cards xx
    2015 successful GD sway (thank you Atomic I’m eternally grateful!)
    May 2020
    BFP September 2020 praying hard for a sticky sister for my daughter to complete our family

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes polaris.kai liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Flowergirl. I feel better having written it down - you know when it's just all consuming - you just need to release it a bit! now just the 4 weeks to wait....!

6. Likes polaris.kai, Flowergirl liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally share all these feelings except for blue! We were totally not planning on ttc this early and we want more kids so it was a welcome surprise, but I didn't really sway! Also my third! Hopefully this is it for both of us. I will keep you in my thoughts and send you ALL my pink dust since I seem to have way too much!

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Polaris - I will gladly exchange some of my blue dust for your pink!! I seem to be covered in blue dust!!
    I genuinely cannot ever imagine my body being able to conceive a girl, probably the opposite fo ryou!

9. Likes polaris.kai liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
    Polaris - I will gladly exchange some of my blue dust for your pink!! I seem to be covered in blue dust!!
    I genuinely cannot ever imagine my body being able to conceive a girl, probably the opposite fo ryou!
    Yes I absolutely feel the same way. Its so hard to imagine it especially since I am surrounded by girls! I come from all sisters and my husband has only sisters so I pray I can "beat the odds". I will love all my girls if I end up having only pink but I would love to give my husband a son and stop all the comments from family! Though I'm sure they will just find other rude things to comment on

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel the same, but with the added caveat of being healthy as well. I miscarried at 12 weeks back in March due to severe heart defects and I’ve been stressing about it. That pregnancy was so different though, in that I had spotting and bleeding the whole pregnancy, weird hormone levels (HCG went sky high rapidly in the beginning, then just stopped rising and rapidly declined to below normal range for gestation). This time there’s no spotting at all and hormones and everything are within the ranges of normal. We swayed for a girl starting right after I miscarried. We aren’t intending to have more after this baby considering our ages and family size already. I’ve been all over the place with what I think I’m having. I always assume it’s more likely I’ll have a boy, but I’ve had a lot of girl feelings this time and have felt compelled to sew some baby girl outfits. I haven’t yet. I keep telling myself it’s crazy to make anything so early when we’re worried about the pregnancy progressing and also because we are likely team green. I want to find out, but I’m also afraid to.
    DH (43), DW (40)

12. Likes Flowergirl liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
    Thanks Flowergirl. I feel better having written it down - you know when it's just all consuming - you just need to release it a bit! now just the 4 weeks to wait....!
    Absolutely!! And this is the place to get it all out. We are so lucky to have this platform so our feelings are validated and we realise we’re not alone in having GD.
    2015 successful GD sway (thank you Atomic I’m eternally grateful!)
    May 2020
    BFP September 2020 praying hard for a sticky sister for my daughter to complete our family

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the least amount of symptoms with my girl and my second boy and many people ahve reported that to me. My other three pregnancies, all boys, were loaded with symptoms and all very different from each other, but my girl and 2nd boy were nearly identical - very easy and few symptoms at all early on. I know it's soooo hard to believe but you just can't tell.

Just keep reminding yourself that no matter what, you WILL be ok. Even if it doesn't feel like it now, eventually you won't be able to imagine your family any other way than how it ends up to be once your 3rd arrives, and people do make peace with it even if they don't get their desired gender.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

15. Likes YesIcan2020, Flowergirl, pinkgirl1 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to let you know you’re not the only one. I’m not even pregnant and I’m consumed by the thought of my next being a girl 🤣

All the best, I hope you hear girl in a few weeks time and you can put your mind at rest x

17. Likes Flowergirl liked this post