It's finally a girl! Mother who had lost all hope reveals her delight as she gives birth to a daughter... after having SEVEN sons

• Louise Nutley longed for a fellow female to do 'girly things' with
  • 31-year-old's dream came true after she gave birth to Freyah in April
  • The mother-of-eight says her husband Dan 'always wanted a big family' 
  • However, she admitted she's not planning to have any more children

A mother who has given birth to seven boys no longer feels outnumbered in her own home - after finally having a girl.

Louise Nutley had always wanted a baby girl and was twice told at scans that her boys were going to be girls. 

The 31-year-old, from Frome, Somerset, had 'given up hope' of having a fellow female to do 'girly things' and even joked at her last scan that they 'didn't need to be told the sex'. 

Proud parents Dan (left) and Louise Nutley (centre) with their children, (from left) Ollie, three, Lewis, nine, Ben, 12, Freya, four weeks, Kieran, seven, Cameron, 11, and Leighton, eight

Proud parents Dan (left) and Louise Nutley (centre) with their children, (from left) Ollie, three, Lewis, nine, Ben, 12, Freya, four weeks, Kieran, seven, Cameron, 11, and Leighton, eight

But all her dreams came true after little Freyah May Grace was born on April 10, five weeks premature and weighing just 3lbs 12oz. 

She is a welcome little sister to brothers Benjamin, 12, Cameron, 11, Lewis, nine, Leighton, eight, Kieran, seven and Ollie, three. 

Louise and husband Dan, 36, also had a son Harrison who was sadly stillborn. 

The full-time mother said: 'I have always wanted a girl, just someone to finally dress in pink.

'I'm one of three girls and I always wanted to have a daughter, just to be able to go clothes shopping and just to do things with that I enjoy. 

'The boys all really like football and rough and tumble and getting dirty and things like that, like arguing over the TV and the football.'

Louise Nutley revealed her delight at welcoming daughter Freya after longing for a fellow female

Louise Nutley revealed her delight at welcoming daughter Freya after longing for a fellow female

Louise revealed that doctors misinterpreted her scans in the past and got her hopes up.  

'With our first and our third - Benjaman and Lewis - we were told we were having girls at the scan, and for Lewis we had already picked out the name Lucy and had all girls clothes,' she said.  

'But when they both arrived they were boys.

'At the scan for this one we said 'there is no need to tell us, we know it is a boy' and when they said it was a girl I was excited, but I asked every time 'are you sure?'. 

'We didn't want to get our hopes up, and even now we still can't get over it. 

'We are baffled and shocked by it all.' 

Louise and her husband Dan had 'given up hope' of welcoming a baby girl into their brood 

Louise and her husband Dan had 'given up hope' of welcoming a baby girl into their brood 

Mum Louise said her sons after already 'very protective' of their little sister 

Mum Louise said her sons after already 'very protective' of their little sister 

Tiny Freyah was born at the Royal United Hospital in Bath and had to spend six days in the neo-natal intensive care unit. 

She came home to proud dad Dan, a carer for Benjamin, who has epilepsy and a chromosome abnormality. 

Beaver Scout leader Louise added: 'My husband has always wanted a big family, but I'm not having any more now. 

'The boys are very protective of their little sister. 

'They've already had the talk with her telling her she's not having and boy friends. 

'Ollie he tells us off for winding her - he thinks we are hurting her - and Kieran already adores her. 

'He used to be quite mouthy and a bit bullying but she already she has brought a change in him. 

'Lewis loves her because he says 'finally it's a girl' and Leighton isn't too fussed - until it comes to her toys and things. 

'Cameron always wants to give her a cuddle and Benjamin, he is just himself and isn't too worried unless he is going to be able to play Xbox any time soon - we'll see what happens.'