IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Coming to the end of our second year!

I cannot believe DS is nearly 2. I came upon all this GS info when I was pregnant with DD3...how time flies.

I will say that the last 2 years have been hard. Harder than before. DS is not an easy child and goes through rough patches often! He is very sweet and the spitting image of my DH and that part is cool. I'm glad I got to see how our DNA plays out when it is creating an XY.

Reading on here, I often find myself drifting back in time to when it was just the 3 girls and I wonder if things would be okay, if I would be okay if I had never decided to do elective IVF. I'm not sure. I have an obsessive personality I have learned over the years and once I become fixated on something, it is hard to back off. I wonder if I would have tried naturally...

4 kids is a lot really. I don't take them all out by myself that often but when we do go somewhere, we are a sideshow attraction. We get comments but I really don't care anymore. The kids like the comments and the attention and we just make light of the fact that we have a big family and it's really not an issue to us. The comments are mostly positive anyway, people do pay lots of compliments to the kids and myself so that is nice.

Now that the family is 'done', we just have to raise them right which is a challenge itself. My eldest daughter will be tough- she's a great kids but she will be the trial run for growing up for DH and myself so Lord help her. It's hard knowing when to say NO and when to be the bad guy I hate sleepovers.

Back the DS and the purpose of the forum, he has exceeded our expectations in every way. He blows through milestones and is as advanced as the smartest of our girls so I haven't really seen any of the steroetypical delays that people talk about with boys. Quite the opposite. He is busy, that is for sure. Constant movement and wants to go outside all the time. He loves golf already and my DH has actually taken him to the range to hit balls which attracts all kind of attention and he clams up there. He's pretty good though which I love. I hope he keeps it up!

I'll have to move on to the next age group soon I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you have a really beautiful family, NBP... Congratulations. XX
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love hearing the update NBP!!

One of my favorite parts of this forum are when we can talk about our families!!

And I understand your fixation with having a boy...I have the same with a daughter..I am so curious to know what an XX with my DH and I will look like, I am so heady with antipactation over meeting her and getting to know her little personality! My DS2 is also not easy at all, and has never been easy, though he is 14 months. I think he will put us through our paces.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so happy for you all!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with auroara - it's nice to read about someone's thoughts who got their desired gender and are now watching them grow up. I'm really curious about how my dd will be compared to my boys. All of my friends with girls always tell me how 'different' they are - I'm used to boys who start wrestling with each other the minute I turn my back, and are pretty much ALWAYS covered in dirt from head to toe. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE my boys, and they also have complex imaginary games they play together than can go for an entire afternoon which is adorable to watch.

I see my friends' daughters playing quietly in the corner with a doll while my boys are rolling around on the floor trying to tear each others' hair and out and wonder if that's what my daughter will be like. Then again, she's growing up with 3 older brothers, so she's likely to be a bit of a tomboy. I know I was - I played with snakes and frogs and Star Wars toys and even my best friend was a boy up until I started school. Still, I played with Barbies (though instead of Ken, they dated GI Joe), liked dressing up, and was generally a much calmer child than my brothers. I wonder how my family dynamic will be different 2 years from now....
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All my kids are different, gender aside. DD1 like sports, never wears a dress. DD2 calls herself the cheerleader princess and loves to pick up frogs and bugs, DD3 is funny and DS just fell in line and he does love balls but they all play together.

The dynamic hasn't really changed. There's just one more! He doesn't play with the girl stuff but he has walked around in my shoes which DH just loves! He's a sports fanatic already and I do not think he will be feminine because he has sisters. I know my DH worried about that but he is very rough so that worry has disappeared quickly.

It's probably different for me having a boy than you ladies that desire a girl. I wanted a son for my husband. I wanted to watch them and see the dynamic and it's everything I'd hope it would be so that is lovely and I do stop and watch often. It validates why I did what I did.

I imagine that you ladies that get to meet your DDs will find they just fit in with the existing dynamic. There's really no big change with that. It's just a different outlook on life, things that used to bother you about the dynamic are soon things you start to embrace and life rolls on.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums