Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is sperm COUNT hereditary?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but I was curious if there is a study in which high or low sperm COUNT happened to be hereditary. I realize that all men make equal amounts of x and y regardless of how strong or weak their sperm count is.

However, I'm curious because my husband's brother has 4 boys, we have two boys and my husbands father comes from a family of 5 boys. It seems like there HAS to be something there?? It's funny because all of them could not be more different. Producing boys is the only thing they seem to have in common most days

Could it be that the men in this family just produce more sperm than average, thus making boys more likely to be conceived? Just a random idea and wondered what you thought?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it's possible, but I'm not aware of any such study.

I personally do not believe gender is genetic but it ~may~ be that there are things that ARE genetic that can affect gender of offspring, like height (taller guys have more boys than shorter guys do).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i was watching a t.v show the other day (sorry cant remember the name cause i was channel surfing) and they were saying that sometimes if a man has a higher sperm count they are more likely to have male children because even though the amounts of x and y sperm are the same, if there count is higher the male sperm still seem to reach the egg first.

first time i had heard it. so that could be the case with your partners family if they all have a high sperm count. if u want a girl your best bet would probably be to have intercourse 5 or 4 days before ovulation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof5 View Post
    i was watching a t.v show the other day (sorry cant remember the name cause i was channel surfing) and they were saying that sometimes if a man has a higher sperm count they are more likely to have male children because even though the amounts of x and y sperm are the same, if there count is higher the male sperm still seem to reach the egg first.

first time i had heard it. so that could be the case with your partners family if they all have a high sperm count. if u want a girl your best bet would probably be to have intercourse 5 or 4 days before ovulation.
    This theory is in the book by Hazel Chesterman-Philips that I used as my swaying bible last year. I was a firm believer in the timing method until I found this wonderful website in August. Just so as you know, going by the theory of keeping BD far in advance of ov was what's caused us to still be trying over a year later! Well, we started using the LE diet in Sept, but it's expected not to fall pg in the first month anyway. There are some very interesting essays on this website written by the wonderful Atomic explaining why the timing method's a load of rubbish. I wish I knew how to post the link for you, sorry!
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha and here I thought that was MY theory! LOL good to know!! I will have to read that book after all, I thought it was just a timing book and that I needn't bother with it.

The anti-timing essay is here.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Haha and here I thought that was MY theory! LOL good to know!! I will have to read that book after all, I thought it was just a timing book and that I needn't bother with it.

The anti-timing essay is here.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html
    It is an interesting read as she goes into sperm count and how low sperm count begets girls etc and she recommends tight underwear for men and other ways including frequent BD (hmmm, no mention of that raising T!). A few of the things in that book do tally with your theory Atomic but the book is as old as me and was updated only in the 90's so way out of date! Between that and the Dutch study were pretty much our first sways before here. I think that she has some things right but a lot wrong, like believing that the diet has nothing to do with anything! You'll like the bit where she claims that diet is pointless then says that she conceived her two girls then one boy eating the same diet. However, she is also a MS sufferer so I guess that chronic illness must've had a big hand in swaying pink. Not that I wish to sound smug over that, but ykwim when the book's so far out of date. Can't believe I put so much stock in it but it had been recommended by my hubby's colleague who'd had twin girls after 3 boys. It's worth a read, it's certainly made me appreciate just how much you've tied all of the loose threads together and come up with a much more co-herent theory behind swaying.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it's possible, but I'm not aware of any such study.

I personally do not believe gender is genetic but it ~may~ be that there are things that ARE genetic that can affect gender of offspring, like height (taller guys have more boys than shorter guys do).
    Mmmm...I don't like this 'taller guys have more boys than shorter guys do' Hubby is quite tall!!
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingpink77 View Post
    Mmmm...I don't like this 'taller guys have more boys than shorter guys do' Hubby is quite tall!!
    It's just a trend, not a guarantee! My hubs is pretty tall too and we did get a girl in the end.

Just think of all those tall gals in the WNBS...Janet Reno, Julia Child...Brooke Shields, Uma Thurman, etc. no "shortage" of tall ladies in the world!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's just a trend, not a guarantee! My hubs is pretty tall too and we did get a girl in the end.

Just think of all those tall gals in the WNBS...Janet Reno, Julia Child...Brooke Shields, Uma Thurman, etc. no "shortage" of tall ladies in the world!!

Actually I would love my daughter to resemble her daddy in height, she would be sexier if taller
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for information