Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tends to be true for me but I think it's a fluke... I have three bros and they all had girls and one has one son
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is true for me. My dh has two brothers. One has one son and the other has two sons, no daughters. We have 5 boys and have been told this ones a girl!!
    Five lovely boys and my princess Jessica! Born August 2013

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hm i thought I had answered this, I'm sorry.

I do not believe this to be the case. men make 50-50 X and Y sperm and I saw dozens of DH's get "sperm tests" for thousands of dollars and it was 50-50 every time.

That study is highly annoying to me because all it was, was a study of old family trees and yes, some families had more sons and others had more daughters. This can be explained many other ways (diet preferences, lifestyle, social status) that have nothing to do with genes.

It makes NO evolutionary sense for there to be "boy genes and girl genes". The first time a war came through and most of the guys got killed off, that would be a genetic dead end for the family that carried them. Much more sensible for women to be able toa djust the gender of the children they conceived to which gender has the best chance of survival.

If it came down to genes, there would also be some tribe or ethnic minority out there where the people were closely genetically related somewhere that had mostly boys or mostly girls and yet no such group exists. It's abotu 50-50 wherever it goes.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To answer the question, my greatgrandma had 6 daughers and 2 sons. Her daughters and sons both went onto have about 50-50 sons and daughters (some had all boys, some had all girls, some had both) My mom had 2 girls and one boy (she had 3 but lost one) and my dad has 2 girls.

My husband's grandpa was from a boy-heavy family and had 5 sons and 1 daugher. But all his kids had B-G pairs. And all their kids (my husband's cousins) ALSO had B-G pairs or 2 girls. We were the only ones who had all boys. But everyone kept saying, oh it's genes, it's genes. If you ask me, that is one hell of a selective gene to have skipped over everyone else and settled onto just US esp. since I come from a girl-heavy family. It doesn't add up.

50-50 boys and girls DO NOT mean that everyone will ahve 50-50 boys and girls. Some people will have all girls, some all boys, some half and half, some 3/4 and 1/4, and eveyrhting you can possibly imagine. The "genes" explanation does not make sense.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic I was wondering that yes men produce 50/50 but maybe for some reason they have more abnormal xx sperms(or xy)? That don't function well enough to even make it to fertilize an egg? So I guess what I am asking when men went and got their sperm tested where there equal amount of HEALTHY xy and xx sperm? Because I was thinking that even if they produce equal amounts but maybe if you sort all the bad ones out it tends to be unequal amount, so say they produce 10 xy and 10 xx, but 8 xy were healthy and 1 xx was healthy(of course we know its in the billions), and maybe there is a gene that causes that? And that's why some families seem to have more boys or girls?, does my question make sense? Lol
    Last edited by XXdreaming; April 19th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha I've been searching everywhere for this thread!

Yes, they check the overall health and well being of the X and Y sperm when they do an analysis.

It is possible that there could be some difference between a guy's X vs. Y sperm (genetically) sure, but I personally doubt it, firstly because X and Y sperm are actually just one big XY sperm for most of their development and something that is wrong with one of them, would affect BOTH of them. Secondly because since men only HAVE one X chromosome, and the Y chromosome doesn't really do anything other than say "make me a dude" if there was something fundamentally wrong with X, I kinda doubt hubby would be a healthy person.

Lastly, I think I mentioned this before but just to reiterate, a family that put all their eggs in one gender's basket in terms of handing down genes, put themselves at a huge disadvantage, esp. if that gender is MALE. Males are always getting killed off prematurely and have been throughout time. They've tested genetics and only 40% of males ever reproduced. The majority of the men who have ever lived, died without having a single child. It would be idiotic for genes to hook themselves to that train wreck. If you were a man or woman who could only have boys, your gene pool woudl have died out a long, long time ago. Being able to shift the gender ratio of your offspring on the basis of environment and which gender has a better shot at surviving and reproducing, makes sense. Being locked into having all/mostly boys in a world where only 40% of them ever live to hand down their genes, is a dumb strategy that would have quickly led to the dying out of the families that carried those genes. It HAS to be environmental, not genetic.

IF there was this gene, it would have gotten handed down and you would see some country, ethnic group, or tribe out there that was having all or mostly one gender vs. the other. But there isn't. The gender ratio hovers at about 50-50 regardless of where you go.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank You for your post Atomic because i am soooo sick of people telling me to give up trying and not even bother with HT because my husband "only makes boy sperm" IDIOTS
    Last edited by 4BOYS; April 22nd, 2013 at 07:55 AM.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Man's sperm decides gender?

My gran had 4 boys and my mum, my mum had two girls with my dad, but my dad went on to have 3 boys with his new wife. If it was down to sperm you would think he would of had more girls.
    I really believe it has to do with ovulation, I ovulate day 15. Before I new all the information I do now we would baby dance between 12-14 got two girls. Never on or after ovulation. (Coincidence maybe!)
    Interesting about all the diet stuff too because looking at the boy sway I didn't eat any of it! And was forever skipping meals!
    And it seem boy mums seem to graze all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaminboy View Post
    My gran had 4 boys and my mum, my mum had two girls with my dad, but my dad went on to have 3 boys with his new wife. If it was down to sperm you would think he would of had more girls.
    I really believe it has to do with ovulation, I ovulate day 15. Before I new all the information I do now we would baby dance between 12-14 got two girls. Never on or after ovulation. (Coincidence maybe!)
    Interesting about all the diet stuff too because looking at the boy sway I didn't eat any of it! And was forever skipping meals!

There's a lot of research debunking sex around ovulation as what determines gender.

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaminboy View Post

Timing doesn't work and has been debunked as thoroughly as something can be debunked scientifically.

genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast