Page 13 of 311 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    CUSSWORDS! I typed a big post to you Spicy and my computer ate it. And now I have to run but I'll be back to retype later!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    haha! Good, I was starting to feel bummed that no one was responding!
    TTC Blue!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Spicy, I don't think the loss of 2-3 lb's is anything to worry about at all Do you weigh your self in the same outfit at the same time of day each time? Recent meals, drinks and visits to the loo change your weight by this much every day! The most important thing is what you wrote, that you were gaining muscle I personally don't think ph of either yourself or DH matters, I'm sure Atomic has a long thread on this somewhere!

And for the record, every person posting on this thread is worrying about what they could have, should have done better!! At the minute all that matters is keeping hold of these little people as they were the ones who one the race against millions, so they earned their place

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    At the minute all that matters is keeping hold of these little people as they were the ones who one the race against millions, so they earned their place
    So sweet, so true!

Spicy I had two things I was trying to post to you last time! First, I felt ROTTEN about my sway weeks 8-9; and I truly, really believe a LOT of that was hormonal. I was just totally down and sure I was having girl #3 and not happy about it at all, and I am mostly a pretty happy person so it just wasn't like me at all to be fretting so much. So, FX part of this for you is the same ... just hormonal, and it will pass. FWIW I feel heaps better these past two weeks and am in fact a-ok with the fact that this could be our 3rd DD. Hoping my hormones don't deal me another blow though

Now about the losing weight/diet thing. I second ELP and wouldn't worry about it. Like you I'm 5'7/128. I actually ate fewer calories (about 2200) while TTC boy than I did when I got pg with my girls (about 3000) but when I got pg with my girls quite honestly half of those calories were pretty much crap, like cupcakes, candy, etc. and I was running 50+ miles a week, which I dropped to 10 for the boy sway. I think the MOST important factors from the diet are eating protein + carbs, eating often, and eating high nutrient, no empty calories. I do NOT think gaining weight has to be part of that. Even if you lost a couple of pounds but were eating plenty of good, natural foods and keeping your blood sugar steady, I think you still definitely swayed blue.... especially if you saw a more regular cycle and more EWCM for yourself ... those are both great indicators that your fertility was impacted in a positive way, definitely good signs for a boy sway!

I'm going to go look at your sway again as I don't recall details, but I do remember reading it and thinking it looked good. And remember, loads of women get without ever doing a thing ... even a "perfect sway" (and IMO there isn't one) still comes down on some level to luck. FX you got your son!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys are A-MAZING!

I really like your quote about our dcs being 'one in a million'.

Begonia- I agree with you- a few pounds isn't and ideal, and I am back to my crappy girl ways. I cannot fathom eating something salty and spicy- which was what I loved for DD. I am eating yogurt and carbs. I don't know how many calories I was eating with dd, but definitely not high in protein.

That is the thing that worries me though- I thought I was eating a high protein diet- but I was only probably getting about 50g a day. I remember seeing you as trying to get 100g/day. I feel like I flopped on that! Why do I find things after I sway?

Anyway, I stuck to the IG diet and ate way more protein and fruit/veg than with dd, so it was different. But I wasn't eating lots of greens, because of cal and mg.

My cycles were amazing- and, from what I read, healthy fats- from animal sources and fish oil, probably contributed to my steady hormonal level and ewcm. That is great too.

Anyway, you guys are so encouraging. I am sure I will have hormonal sways as this pg goes on. I am not yet 6 weeks! I do get to see bubs on Friday for an early scan so that is exciting!
    TTC Blue!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay for an early scan!!!! I am absolutely counting down the days til I get my 1st peek!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    I actually ate fewer calories (about 2200) while TTC boy than I did when I got pg with my girls (about 3000) but when I got pg with my girls quite honestly half of those calories were pretty much crap, like cupcakes, candy, etc. and I was running 50+ miles a week, which I dropped to 10 for the boy sway. I think the MOST important factors from the diet are eating protein + carbs, eating often, and eating high nutrient, no empty calories. I do NOT think gaining weight has to be part of that. Even if you lost a couple of pounds but were eating plenty of good, natural foods and keeping your blood sugar steady, I think you still definitely swayed blue.... especially if you saw a more regular cycle and more EWCM for yourself ... those are both great indicators that your fertility was impacted in a positive way, definitely good signs for a boy sway!
    All of this!! We just needed to change and improve out eating, which we all did ANyway we can always perfect it next time

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    ANyway we can always perfect it next time
    YOU can! LOL! My baby factory is CLOSED after this one!!!

Can't wait to hear about the scan Spicy!!! Maybe you'll get a pic, FX! Probably just a yolk sac at this point but still fun to see

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm with you B, this is the last one for me too, no matter who pops out.

Spicy- stop looking at the info, you'll just drive yourself nuts! Stick to the conversations, it's safer that way lol
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!
    12/2003 @ 7 1/2 wks & 10/2010 @ 13 wks

Finally our family is complete!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinkNeedBlue View Post
    Spicy- stop looking at the info, you'll just drive yourself nuts! Stick to the conversations, it's safer that way lol
    Excellent advice!!! Once you get that BFP just don't read anything except chit chat!

Jen can't believe you are nearly 15 weeks, WOW! Your u/s next week will be so fun to see; hope you get another cute little wave! My NT scan is next Thursday and I can't wait to see the little one again.... keeping my FX everything measures a-ok.

Page 13 of 311 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast