Page 55 of 311 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia when i was born, dad didnt want me, he told mum to leave me at the hospital for someone who wants a girl. I have forgiven my dad, cause i know its more a cultural reason for him, & he regrets it, he carries a photo of me as a 1yr old in his wallet. Wow begonia no wonder you would have been convinced that this one was a boy,got to say that was like someone played a cruel joke on you, hey? But you know she's going to be beautiful.

Tink, i hope you have a quick labour to, mine were very quick but they killed me. Yeah i know this could be a boy but it also could be a girl to.

Begonia yes i will find out gender at my 20wk scan
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink18 View Post
    I birthed ava all natural. 30 houra.of back labor, 2.bags of water (they were unaware of since ava was a twin) but when it came time to push.got her out fast! Hoping to have a faster labor this time..

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh CA! That is a hard story to hear; I'm so glad you've been able to forgive him. This whole baby-gender thing is hard. But I get the cultural thing, I was telling DH today that I feel like 3 boys is less frowned upon than 3 girls ... and not just bc I personally wanted boys. Boys are still seen as some kind of fertility-proving, chest-thumping success, at least in our families they are. There might be women on these boards who would love an all girl family but I'd be shocked to hear of a man who dreamed of raising all girls. Maybe they're out there ... my DH loves being a girl dad, if we had my dream of all boys I know he'd be the one who was sad about that... but he definitely wanted one of our kiddos to be a boy. It's funny though he's going camping this weekend with 3 guys, and of the 4 of them there are 11 kids and only 2 of those are boys. Each of the 4 guys has at least 2 girls ... GBG, GGB, GG, and us, GGG.

Can't believe you're almost 8 weeks though, that's fab! Are you still feeling ms or has it passed?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes i agree with you, how people look at girl mums differently to boy mums, like we have failed our husbands, WTF.

Oh gosh i cant wait for m/s to be gone, it gets me more so in the arvo.

Wow & your 24wks, does she move around alot?
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She moves all the time! I first felt her at about 14 weeks. She's crazy. She and DD2 together are no doubt going to be more than I can handle... DD2 is an animal. If I could pick I'd definitely want this baby to be more like DD1!

FX the ms leaves you soon; I know how awful it is. I had it bad with DD1 but none with DD2 and only very mild nausea with this one.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that is such a sad story. Why were you told it though?? I am glad you have forgiven him. So I am assuming you do not have any brothers? What culture is this?
    Loving on my amazing Husband since 2007 Birthed my March 9th 2009 and birthed the most handsome little guy on May 22, 2012 My world is complete!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia thats too cute, my dd1 is quiet & dd2 is wild, time will tell with this one.

Tink my origin is Serbian/Croatian, yes im the baby of 4 girls.
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tink, i dont know why my mum wanted to tell me that, i really dont think she knew what affect this would have on me growing up, it was only until i met my husband that i realised what affect it really did have on me with past relationships, my husband is a really good communicator & he got me to open up to the issue & deal with it & to forgive my dad, so i could move on with my life & accept that i am worthy of a mans love.
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With my first baby when I told people it was a girl a few people oh wow it takes a real to be able to make a daughter.
    So in my experience not everyone thinks having a girl is a failure.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    CA: Wow, that would be hard to swallow. You are so blessed to be able to talk things out with your husband. Some men just have a nack for talking you through hard situations. I hear you on the m/s. I feel so much better when I take my vitamins, but they make me gag. I just need to tough it out today....I have way too much to do.

B: So you did all those gender tests and they were wrong? I was thinking about trying some of them, but I think I will just forget it. I don't need any more torture for 7 more months.

You know whats funny, my mother and father wanted my youngest brother to be a girl. I guess I was just so great, they wanted another one like me....haha...I had colic and was an aweful baby, but the least trouble growing up.
    thank you GD

Page 55 of 311 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast