Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How far along are you? My twins measured identically until 12 weeks and now the girl is consistently 4 days behind dates and the boy has ranged from right on to 2 days ahead.

I had dreamed I was having triplets before finding out how many thus pregnancy. I dreamed two girls and a boy. Only two of the three babies continued to develop after 6 weeks though. I was pretty confident one baby was a girl but went back and forth on what the other would be.
    DH (43), DW (40)

2. Likes essnce629, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 7 weeks exactly according to the scan. Although that means I must have got my bfp at 4dpo haha! Did you ovulate from both ovaries? That's interesting they measured the same up til 12 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They never said one way or the other about where I ovulated from. I'm sure it's in a report somewhere if I ask though.
    DH (43), DW (40)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all congratulations!!! If you trully believe in the universe then it's best to take a deep breath, relax and celebrate this little miracle!!! Stressing over this can not have any benefit. I'm sure if everything progresses smoothly and you'll give birth to twins, you will find ways to cope, as long as you deal with it with positivity and trust in yourself. As far as gender, if it helps you, what made me feel better when we found out we are expecting our third girl was the thought that this baby chose our family for some reason that it's not revealed to us right now, but I'm sure will in the following years. So we took some time to let it sink and now we are over all negative feelings and thoughts. I'm sending you an abundance of pink dust and my best wishes for you and your family.
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

6. Likes Dreamsister liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow familymatters what a shock for you, im hoping for you they are both girls x

8. Likes 1282 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can get the Panorama test with twins, from 9 weeks on. I really hope you have a girl or 2 in there! Fx both you and DH feel happier about this once the shock wears off.
    Last edited by maidentomother; May 2nd, 2016 at 10:13 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh FM - I completely understand. That would be such a shock and I would be terrified too in your shoes.

If it's any consolation we've only had one set of BB twins with pink sways. It is of course possible. That they have two sacs makes me wonder if the tech may have missed a second CL, this is possible. It's possible (and good) for ID twins to have two sacs, too, of course.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Likes essnce629 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What I hate about situations like this is that right when I really need my husband to be there for me, not only is he not, but he suddenly becomes the biggest problem I have. I can only imagine what you're going through right now with everything happening.

Twin pregnancies are actually most likely girls because BB twins (especially ID) are the rarest ones.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by familymatters View Post
    I'm 7 weeks exactly according to the scan. Although that means I must have got my bfp at 4dpo haha! Did you ovulate from both ovaries? That's interesting they measured the same up til 12 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    You would have ovulated within 12-24 hours tops so it's normal that they'd measure the same. It has NOTHING to do with gender. My daughter and my first son were nearly identical in size and they were my two biggest babies. Girls are not necessarily smaller and certainly not at this stage of pregnancy.

You don't necessarily ovulate from both ovaries even with twins. your ovaries develop eggs in both ovaries and can release more than one from either ovaries, so it's possible to get two from the same ovary.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    What I hate about situations like this is that right when I really need my husband to be there for me, not only is he not, but he suddenly becomes the biggest problem I have. I can only imagine what you're going through right now with everything happening.

Twin pregnancies are actually most likely girls because BB twins (especially ID) are the rarest ones.
    I was told by my doctor that of all twins the odds were 50% B/G, 30% G/G, and 20% B/B. I don't know where his info comes from as I can't find actual statistics, just hypothetical probability statistics. I've also read that 70% of identical twin sets are girls.
    DH (43), DW (40)

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes sharon liked this post
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast