Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swayed girl, now expecting twins and FREAKING OUT

I have 3 healthy, beautiful children already, aged 5 and under. Had to do some serious negotiating with hubby to get him on board for a fourth. Now I've gone for a dating scan, only to discover that we are pregnant with twins. Holy crap.

I'm dying, I know I should be grateful but I'm incredibly scared and I just don't want to be pregnant anymore. How am I going to cope with 5 under 6?

And stupidly, one of my biggest fears is that they'll both be boys! I feel like they definitely will be. It is the universes way of teaching me a lesson because I couldn't be content with what I already had. So OK, you want a girl? We'll give you twin boys instead. The sonographer suspected that they may be ID twins as although they both had their own separate sac, I only ovulated from the one ovary.

I can't even do the Harmony test now to discover the gender early, I'll have to wait until 16 weeks. It's going to kill me. Hubby is moping around just muttering about how were not going to cope. I'm in a pretty bad place at the moment, sorry just needed to have a vent

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

2. Thanks Bepan thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hugs!
    Im sorry I don't have much advice for you, but with 2 babies you might have a better chance at a girl--unless they're identicial. They can't tell yet if they are identical or fraternal?
    Isn't there a blood test than can do twins? When I was researching it I was pretty sure there was, maybe someone will chime in if they know... MaterniT21? Panorama? If they are identical then you'd think they could do the blood test as they have the same chromosomes, KWIM?
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

4. Likes familymatters liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    were you on clomid or do twins run in your family?
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll have to have another look at the blood tests, but I'm pretty sure they can only tell you if there is a Y chromosome present, but not which twin that comes from exactly. No I wasn't on Clomid (although I did consider taking it. Thank god I didn't, I might have ended up with 10 babies!) and no history of twins in the family at all. Makes me think it's even more likely to be ID as having ID twins is just a freak occurance rather than a genetic thing.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I swayed girl this time and got B/G twins, plus a triplet I lost early on. One of the tests will do for twins, but I don't recall which one. I had it done and it said "no XY detected" but one twin is still a boy. Also, unless they both share a sac and/or placenta, there is no way to know if they are identical or fraternal without zygosity testing done. Around 20% of identical twins are di/di and often get falsely labeled as fraternal.
    DH (43), DW (40)

9. Likes familymatters, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, congratulations!!! Second, take a deep breath. It must be shocking to find out you're having twins but I'm sure that in time you'll adjust to the idea. It may take some time after the babies are born to adjust to a new life with several little ones but like all big life changes, it just takes time. I think before you know it, you'll find your groove. As for gender, you have a great shot at having a girl! I remember reading somewhere that identical twins are usually girls. Good luck and FX at least one baby is a girl!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

11. Likes familymatters, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What was your sway? There's been a lot of twins conceived after swaying girl and most (maybe all?) have been at least one girl. Hopefully Atomic will chime in. I think you have a really good chance at getting at least one girl! Congrats!!! How did your DH take the news?
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush, jdd1017 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my goodness! What a shock! But I agree with the other ladies that you've got a great shot for at least one pinkie in there especially after a great girl sway. Try not to panic and just let the news sink in for now! DH will come round too :-)

15. Likes familymatters, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy crap. I won't lie, I would be freaking out too in your shoes. But look at it this way: you already know what it's like to be overrun with young children, at least you're seasoned vets going in. It will probably be insanely hard for a couple of years, and then one day you'll wake up to realize that all five can go to the bathroom without your help and put their own shoes on. After that, you're golden.

Congrats and fx for a girl in there.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

17. Thanks belter thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    What was your sway? There's been a lot of twins conceived after swaying girl and most (maybe all?) have been at least one girl. Hopefully Atomic will chime in. I think you have a really good chance at getting at least one girl! Congrats!!! How did your DH take the news?
    I didn't post my sway this time because last time I posted it too quickly and it ended up being a chem pregnancy. I had a fairly good sway - LE diet for 12 weeks, mostly vegetarian, coffee and alcohol daily, one attempt 2-3 days before O, no exercise though. I would have felt pretty good about my sway if it wasn't for the psychic who told me that I would be having a boy. He also mentioned this being a twin pregnancy, but didn't know if boy was for both babies or just one. I know it's silly but I just feel like there is no chance that they are girls. Both babies are measuring exactly the same sizes so it makes me feel like they are going to be identical. My husband is not happy, he didn't really want 4, let alone 5.

19. Likes essnce629 liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast