Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BFP at 10dpo after Chemical in June

I got a BFP last Thursday at 10dpo and it was with a not very sensitive test! FR rapid result. I've since tested positive on two digitals and my lines are getting darker with my FR tests.

I am happy, but, also worried of losing the pregnancy again and also already grieving for the idea of ever having a daughter. I just KNOW this baby-to-be is a boy. I have an overwhelming feeling. It's not like that's bad. I think I subconsciously wanted another boy (remember, they should come in pairs &#128521 because when I gave up on my sway I went right into boy mode with three attempts every other day in the fertile window. Boy frequency. And I haven't been very great with the L.E. diet since I started in May. I just couldn't stop snacking. That is how I got my current son. I never ate breakfast either. But, snacking and BD frequency really won out. As it most likely did this time.

I knew that it could happen if I didn't stick to my sway, because I just wanted to be pregnant and for TTC to be over with. But, I can't help thinking that I am a failure and a quitter.

I have to tell myself that I would be an absolute SHIT mom to a girl. If I think anything different, I will crumple into a ball.

I just have a whole new sense of respect for those of you that sway for Pink, stick with it and get your girls. You all deserve your girls for all that hard work!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

2. Likes Katt2275, amelia10 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your bfp! I understand what you mean when you say you have to convince yourself that you wouldn't be a good mom to a girl. I've done the same thing, and I'm not even pregnant yet. I understand how hard it is to stick with the girl diet too. My natural tendency has always been to snack a lot. I've loosely stayed on the LE diet, but nowhere near what some girls have done.

I know you strongly believe you're pregnant with a boy, but I hope it's a girl for you. Will you be able to get the blood test to determine gender at 10 weeks?
    Last edited by Katt2275; September 4th, 2016 at 03:59 AM.

4. Likes Lissastick liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations that is amazing news, hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy and sticky bean. You always have a shot at pink. If you had three attempts you cannot be sure which was the one, so the first could have been it, then the last two would have been incidental. You have been swaying even though you maybe added stuff that swayed blue, atomic says it's the overall pattern. I have seen people get girls with mild sways and opposite with super tight sways, enjoy this time! X

6. Likes Lissastick liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dont beat yourself up too much! Mentally I am going into my next pregnancy (god let it be soon!) ready for another boy. If I convince myself it is a girl (like I did last time) I am going to be too upset when I find out its not. I found out at 20weeks with my last boy & I am glad I did. It gave me a few weeks to get my head around it so by the time he arrived I loved him to bits. I think I would have been a mess if I waited until he was born to find out. My boys are the best of friends & I cant imagine life without them playing together so it was meant to be. I have always had a boy lifestyle but it has been truly amazing how I have stuck to 32weeks on a LE diet (vegetarian, 2 meals a day) & close to 18months no snacks. I guess knowing that this will be my last baby has made me more determined to give it a good go & then I wont be left wondering "what if". I could have done a harder sway by exercising & temping but I really felt that was just too much. Just monitoring what I ate was more than enough "control" over my lifestyle & far more than I have ever had or wanted! Wishing you all the best on your journey!
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

8. Likes Lissastick, amelia10 liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Katt2275 View Post
    Will you be able to get the blood test to determine gender at 10 weeks?
    I am not sure that I want to do that...
    I might wait until the anatomy scan. Lol. It will be torture, but, like I said,I am pretty darn convinced that it's a boy.

DS 1 Born August 2013

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone for all your kind words. I know that there is a chance that I will hear pink, but, I just think my chances are quite low. So low that I wouldn't count on them.

I am actually still in the stage where I am worried about losing the pregnancy! Because of the chemical, it's like I am not even allowing myself to get that excited 😕

DS 1 Born August 2013

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For what it's worth, I was still doing coffee and alcohol, no prenatals, no breakfast and 1000% vegetarian. Haha. Also husband was NOT eating very much at all the last few months, putting his laptop in his lap and just kind of poorly when he usually is as healthy as a horse!

The only boy things I did were snack occasionally and 3 attempts every other day in the fertile window.

DS 1 Born August 2013

12. Likes DesiG, Katt2275 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you have a good shot for pink! Lately, it seems the people who end up doing the most relaxed sways get their GD!

FX for you!!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

14. Likes DesiG, Lissastick liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats to you that is great news! I was here for your chemical in June and then the the months while you where waiting on a bfp. I hope you get your girl but either way congrats on your BFP I think thats great news!
    Last edited by DesiG; September 5th, 2016 at 09:35 PM.

16. Likes Lissastick liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats Lissa!!!

I think that no matter what the outcome, you can't lose. Good luck and sticky dust!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

18. Likes Lissastick liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast