Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Crappy girl sway and unexpected pregnancy

Hi guys,

I joined a few months ago back in august with the hopes of swaying pink and conceiving in October. We had since changed our minds, and decided to put a pin in the idea of three until at least next year, if at all. Anyway imagine my surprise this month after being a few days late and getting a BFP. There were tears, not happy ones. My lifestyle has not been ideal for a baby, I was on antibiotics and cold and flu tablets. I wasn't taking folate. I was doing low level exercise (occasional walks), no coffee, no alcohol, no supplements, I was drinking tea, eating constantly, and the BD pattern is strong blue sway. However we used protection every time except CD 6&7 and they were immediate j&d, I OD 13/14 I'm sure given symptoms, CM etc. I'm really in complete shock that I'm pregnant, and I'm really disappointed and upset by the circumstances around it. This will definitely be our last baby and I really wanted to give it our best shot, I really feel like this has been taken away from me.
    The only thing going our way is that I have gone vegetarian since semptember (with the occasional seafood and white meat cheat, maybe once per month if out to dinner) but it certainly hasn't been low calorie, it has been very healthy and well balanced!
    Feeling pretty crappy about the whole situation, I know I should be thankful, but I'm not there yet.
    Probably no point posting my sway, as it wasn't really one at all.
    Due early sept 2018, to complete our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BD pattern only seems to sway when it's unprotected so don't worry about that.

I do still want you to post a sway. We include everyone around here and honestly the sways where people only had a few things working for them tell us way more than the ones where people did everything, since we can see the trends (such as vegetarian diet swaying pink)

Hugest congrats, tons of pink dust headed your way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic, I will post my sway in that case, hopefully I've done enough, but I'm not expecting to have!
    That's good news about the bd patterns, but one of our protected attempts must have failed, that's the only explaination I can draw!

Thanks for your well wishes, hope that pink dust has reached me!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Congratulations on your BFP

6. Likes Made2Mumma liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand you so well, since I was in similar situation. I have two boys, 2013 and 2015, and thought of doing my best to sway sometime in a year or two, but then protected BD failed, and I was sooo surprised that I got pregnant, it was like a miracle, just like in your case, since I was breastfeeding and my cycles were so long, and the failed BD was quite early in the cycle, it had so very low chance, but still. I also felt that I was robbed a chance to do all my best to sway, but on the other hand felt kind of relieved I don't have to do it (I didn't know much about swaying at that time, that just there are people who do it). Anyway, it turned out I was having twin girls! Well, further story isn't so happy one, I've lost both of my girls, and am swaying now, not doing my best, but trying to and it's almost 5 months of bfn, which is frustrating. I also wasn't ready for more kids yet (younger just turned one), hadn't lost weight since previous pregnancies, no coffee, no alcohol, constantly eating due to BF, no exercise, not even vegetarian, just one failed protection during whole cycle. Just wanted to give you hope, that things still may turn around much better than you think. Good luck and fingers crossed for a healthy baby girl for you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You ALWAYS have a chance for your desired gender, and the fact that you had already made some changes is great. Don't stress yourself out and try to enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible <3

I would also say not to worry about ideal conditions to have a baby. Being on flu tablets is a very minor thing -- everything else sounds like you were just fine, and people have healthy babies in war torn, famine stricken countries!

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Made2Mumma thanked for this post
    Likes Dazzle3 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you everyone for your positive words and encouragement. sunstars, I’m also sorry for your loss, and thank you for sharing, wishing you every luck moving forward with your attempt, I hope you get want you desire.
    I do feel better about it now, like you, almost relieved that I didn’t try so maybe I won’t be as disappointed if it doesn’t work, if that makes sense.. although I’m only 6 weeks and already the ‘let’s hope it’s a girl’ comments have started, and that’s just from health professionals, I haven’t even told my friends and family yet, I’m expecting it to come in thick and fast ��
    My husband doesn’t want to find out so we will probably be team green, it will be a long wait! He thinks I’ll be less disappointed if I ind out when he’s already here, instead of finding out at 10 weeks(harmony test) and being upset for 30 weeks, that’s what happened with my second son, and there is even more pressure on this one! Although dh loves the idea of 3 boys having only had a sister growing up, so no pressure form him at least!
    Anyway, thanks again everyone, I’m so sick at the moment it’s hard to focus on my gender obsession, which is a good thing! I haven’t lost hope yet, but In my heart I am fully expecting blue, so be it!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did your babe arrive? Healthy and happy? Pink or Blue?!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She never updated, unfortunately! Made2 if you're out there we'd love to hear what happened!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh maybe Team Green though?? So we don't know yet!??