Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fertility article

This was really interesting to me for 3 reasons which I will highlight, but here is the article and its nothing new, just to keep in mind if you are having a hard time getting pregnant.

http://www.asrm.org/uploadedFiles/AS...rtility(2).pdf

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, read the bit about frequent ejaculation and abstinance.

Second, read about how long it actually takes for sperm to enter cervical canal and fallopian tubes!!!

Third, read about how vaginal lubricants KILL sperm.

Those vaginal lubricants...its almost like there should be a warning on them, but then I suppose people would assume they are working as birth control, but seriously, I think these really hinder pregnancy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent article, thanks for sharing!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It only takes sperm SECONDS to enter the tubes? Wow, seems I've slept quite uncomfortably for months now with my arse up on a pillow for nothing!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is interesting... On the sperm bit, though...pardon me for saying, but might they mean that the sperm doesn't necessarily swim there in seconds? They say sperm can "be found" there... but maybe that's the bit that may be- don't how to put this delicately so I'll just say it, squirted up there?
    12.24.08 4.13.10 third and last. It is nice being queen of my castle but would love to add a princess.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

After 12 months ttc, taking a little sanity break. Fx to all of the dear ladies on here in the meantime.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting, these are my favorite types of studies, where someone compiles a lot of info into one handy-dandy paper for us!!

We have other studies that show frequent/compressed frequent DOES reduce sperm numbers and I still think it's a good sway tactic we're seeing success with. AT the very least, it seems to decrease semen and perhaps ends up killing off sperm that way (because the semen is the "life raft" for the sperm, so less of a life raft = more sperm dying in the harshness of the vagina. I really don't want people to feel compelled to do abstain on the basis of this.

I agree totally that it's pointless to prop hips after intercourse.

Agree totally about lubricants. Sperm-safe lubricants are the only things that don't harm sperm. Even saliva can harm sperm!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Argh it says if your bmi is under 18.5 that it takes 4 times longer to conceive. My bmi was 19.1 when ttc DS2 and that took 9 months, now it's 18.3 it's going to take forever to conceive.
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pangea, personally I would not put alot of stock into the number of a BMI, I'm not a fan of standardized charts (or pretty much anything lol), my BMI has always been in the below the healthy number, but happens to be healthy for me without any type of diet or stress, just ME minding my own business. Alot of factors are missing from those charts.

If it takes a long time to conceive, yes it may be your weight but a hundred other factors as well. (which is why I read fertility articles, as well as sex ratio articles) Personally, I always thought lubricants were very boy friendly and would increase chances of conception, but nope! And not trying to discount anything, but when it is hard to get pregnant in the first place, all these other things we do in hopes of pink make it literally impossible to get pregnant IMO. Out the door went FR, rePhresh, timing, any lubricant (which by the wayside went the antihistimines because it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to have sex dry as a bone with no lubrication...for me anyway) so...a very bare bones sway is what you are left with yay.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm only going to do diet, nothing else. It took so long when I was doing everything I could to increase fertility, I don't think I'll ever get pregnant if I do too many things to decrease it.
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (((hugs)))) its hard, I know. I haven't had a chance to look over the LE diet, so I feel really dumb, but I have no weight to lose either, so I think its possible to try and keep blood sugar low and reduce nutrients overall to get the 'diet effect'. AS may say differently, but thats the best I can do for myself at this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast