Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic once you said too that protein is terrible for fertility. Then why should we pinkswayers limit protein ?

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onebigwish View Post
    Atomic once you said too that protein is terrible for fertility. Then why should we pinkswayers limit protein ?
    studies have shown that diets low in protein and fat give more females, but of course it could be low fat causing that rather than the protein

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I personally think that's a dreadful idea that will mess up your metabolism and I do not recommend anyone do that. I think that is a misuse of data, because the human lifespan has increased due to advances in medicine and not any kind of diet during wartime.

We are not hunter/gatherers that have not eaten much since childhood and are used to that - to go from a normal diet to fasting 2 days a week is very different than a person who has lived their entire life working hard on very few calories and on occasion had to go without eating. Our metabolisms are totally different than that.

In terms of swaying, we're not talking about health, we are talking about fertility. A balanced diet with meat and fat in it has been shown to boost fertility, and a heart-healthy, cancer-preventative type of diet would sway pink regardless of whether it is good for health or not. Mice fed a very low calorie diet lived a long time, but stopped having babies. We're not after "health" altho sometimes we use that term - we're after high vs. lowered fertility.

I do think there are some women who are very heavy and may be better off for their sway if they were to hold steady where they were at and just toss the dice - but if they've already conceived boys at a heavier weight then I would still think something would need to change.
    no actually it's meant to be VERY healthy to do this kind of diet -- not as a swaying diet I might add, but as a general lifestyle change to improve your wellbeing and future health. My husband has researched it in depth over the last couple of years and tried it out himself (a variation of a fasting diet, not a 5-2 one that has been popularised) and he has lost weight and feels healthier. My office-mate at work also does the 5-2 fasting diet. All the evidence shows that the kind of diet is linked with reduced risk of alzheimers, longer life, reduced insulin resistance and cholesterol, CURING diabetes in some people doing it, and lower risk of cancers, etc. It has an awful lot of benefits if people can stick to the rules.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that it's said by those who promote it, to be a healthy diet. I personally do not believe that it is healthy for people who have gone a lifetime when they were eating all day long and that is what their bodies are used to (and also what their parents and grandparents and beyond, were doing due to epigenetics possibly altering metabolism on the genetic levels by turning genes on and off during fetal development) to suddenly start fasting 2 days a week. I just don't. I'm glad it works for your husband and coworker.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; August 12th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onebigwish View Post
    Sky high protein intake such as Atkins Diet is not good for fertility. And in fact I have actually said on numerous occasions that an all-protein diet could possibly sway pink and I've seen people get girls on Atkins. I do not recommend Atkins or similar diets, however, because they are not safe pre-pregnancy and also because higher intake of saturated fats has been shown in some mammals to sway blue.

Blue swayers do NOT eat massive amounts of protein. In fact I tell them not to eat too much protein. They eat about 90 grams of protein and they eat protein + carbs at every meal and snack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the blood tests they have after starting it (even after a lifetime of eating all day) show good results, though

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    no actually it's meant to be VERY healthy to do this kind of diet -- not as a swaying diet I might add, but as a general lifestyle change to improve your wellbeing and future health. My husband has researched it in depth over the last couple of years and tried it out himself (a variation of a fasting diet, not a 5-2 one that has been popularised) and he has lost weight and feels healthier. My office-mate at work also does the 5-2 fasting diet. All the evidence shows that the kind of diet is linked with reduced risk of alzheimers, longer life, reduced insulin resistance and cholesterol, CURING diabetes in some people doing it, and lower risk of cancers, etc. It has an awful lot of benefits if people can stick to the rules.
    I have a friend who has been working at (what he says!) is the forefront of anti-aging science, and the research he was a part of indicated that fasting which is moderately extreme releases responses that are reparative. He explained it in much more detail than I can remember, but the scientists found that the pattern that exaggerated this effect the most was not weekly fasting, but fasting a few times a year for a few days. There was some number of days that was too many, and some that was too few for certain bodily responses to be triggered- like there was something our bodies produce only under these circumstances which actually rebuilds cells and creates new neurons... can't remember, but it was total fasting. What did your husband research?
    and my HT

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People have studied the best diets for health for 100 years in huge studies and come to no consensus. There's always something scientificish behind all these various miracle diets, otherwise people wouldn't do them. This article indicates some of the problems with the data and also that the diet seems to affect women differently.Caveman fasting diet may leave women diabetic | Health | Life & Style | Daily Express There's also a much higher rate of gallstones with this fasting diet and women being much more likely to have gallstones during pregnancy, it is ill-advised to do anything to increase the possibility.

The job that I have to do here is keeping people fertile, healthy, and sane while doing gender swaying (successfully). It has nothing to do with overall health or longetivity (which I think the data is inconclusive anyway). I don't think that for the average gal in her childbearing years planning a pregnancy, this is in ANY way a good or healthy thing to do and this is clearly demonstrated by the number of people who set off doing LE Diet overly strictly and then stop ovulating within only a couple months. The VCL diets were also hugely touted to be so "good for health" and yet they drastically reduced fertility at the same time and then it turned out that people and animals who were doing some of those diets had a higher rate of death of other causes anyway. And there will be some people who decide to try it all and fast on top of drastically reducing sodium, potassium, and overall nutrient content and that is going to kill someone.

Aside from all that, most people are not going to be able to stick to a diet like that and for gender swaying, I think it's worse than nothing because your body will be encouraged to hang onto every morsel you eat on the days you are not fasting. Plus, the level of commitment and obsessing over food that such a thing requires, is going to send T levels up, up, up anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12