Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for this! This is very interesting as I was just reading about cortisol, adrenals and hormones. I am a person who seems to experience the first stage of stress and then the second adaptation stage for a short period of time, a big burst and then that's it. I was reading how low cortisol can deplete your progesterone levels because your body starts to use progesterone to make cortisol. Also how high cortisol levels can lower testosterone. I'm trying to put the pieces together and use it to my advantage for my girl sway but as you've said, it's very complicated with all sorts of layers to it. I want to say that my best bet is to go for very low stress? I'm not sure I can make myself be chronically stressed. I feel like a lot of the girl moms i know aren't as reactive with their stresses but more quietly and chronically anxious and worried about things. I think I'm more of a quick burst of adrenaline and cortisol kind of a lady and then adapt if that makes any sense.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope I can learn to adapt when swaying blue -- I am unequivocally a chronic stress person and was DEFINITELY undergoing a lot of mental and physical stress at the time of conceiving my daughter.

Cortisol/adrenal wise, I've even had issues with my adrenal glands starting to fail :/ They thought I might be infertile when I was younger because I completely stopped ovulating (on top of struggling with an eating disorder).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingalove View Post
    Thank you for this! This is very interesting as I was just reading about cortisol, adrenals and hormones. I am a person who seems to experience the first stage of stress and then the second adaptation stage for a short period of time, a big burst and then that's it. I was reading how low cortisol can deplete your progesterone levels because your body starts to use progesterone to make cortisol. Also how high cortisol levels can lower testosterone. I'm trying to put the pieces together and use it to my advantage for my girl sway but as you've said, it's very complicated with all sorts of layers to it. I want to say that my best bet is to go for very low stress? I'm not sure I can make myself be chronically stressed. I feel like a lot of the girl moms i know aren't as reactive with their stresses but more quietly and chronically anxious and worried about things. I think I'm more of a quick burst of adrenaline and cortisol kind of a lady and then adapt if that makes any sense.
    Here is the thing, Inga. I have been studying this nonstop 24-7 since 2008 and not even I can put the pieces together. Don't try. We don't have the data available TO put it all together yet. Not even the smartest researchers on the planet really understand how stress affects hormones and no one really knows how it sways, either. Plus, the more you try to come up with "the perfect recipe" and control things (like stress and your emotions) that are inherently OUT of your control, it really does undermine people's sways.

It hasn't worked for anyone to try to be "less stressed" for swaying. All people do is end up ADDING to their stress. Something stressful happens (which happens to all of us all the time boy mom and girl mom alike) and not only do we have that to deal with, but then people end up in a panic worrying "omg I'm messing up my sway, I gotta calm down, I gotta calm down" in addition to that. PLEASE just look at stressful events as what they are, OUT OF OUR CONTROL and do not try to have low stress or high stress or anything in between. PLEASE just focus on doing the things that have worked for people - diet, exercise, one attempt, and let go of the things that are impossible to do.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I hope I can learn to adapt when swaying blue -- I am unequivocally a chronic stress person and was DEFINITELY undergoing a lot of mental and physical stress at the time of conceiving my daughter.

Cortisol/adrenal wise, I've even had issues with my adrenal glands starting to fail :/ They thought I might be infertile when I was younger because I completely stopped ovulating (on top of struggling with an eating disorder).
    Panther, you had so much going on dietwise that I (STRONGLY) believe that is your number one issue.

5. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My plan is to start the LE-diet 12 weeks before the first attempt. I have already start with the exercise (1 h brisk walk 6 days a week), a lot of coffee, 3 meals a day (no change from before), 16 h without food (between 6 pm to 10 am) on weekdays (started last week). I only eat vegetables, fish and chicken (no change from before). When I start the diet I'm only going to eat vegetarian food though. I have already get used to a lot of it so I really hope that I will become more and more relaxed about the sway.

I'm soon going back to work after one years maternity leave. I really like my work and I have studied really long and hard to get it and I wouldn't like to change it.

But my work is also very stressful, much responsibility under pressure and I'm very ambitious. I'm probably going to be more stressed (both regarding my work and my small children and the fact that I will be in the middle of my sway and how to make time for the exercise), I'm the anxious type and I often have sleeping problems and that also is a stressor for me.

The good thing about getting back to work and sway at the same time is that despite the stress to make time for exercise I probably won't have so much time to think/worrying about the sway.

My concern though, is that this kind of stress and excitement sway blue??? Does it?

What do you think - should I go with my plan despite this or should I postpone it a few months so I get use to be a "working mum". That's no guarantee for me to be less stressed though. This going back to work stress and sway thing really confuse me...
    Last edited by Inhope; March 7th, 2017 at 12:57 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At 38 time is not your friend. You need to TTC as soon as you can and not worry about waiting for the "perfect" month. Swaying is like an iceberg, the stuff we see on the surface is miniscule compared to the stuff under the surface. So you may very well end up skipping months that are better (from factors we don't know about) because we're focusing so much on things we do see (that may not even matter anyway for all we know.)

Stress has been shown in studies to sway PINK, not blue. Being a control-freak may sway blue, but virtually all of us who had successful sways, myself very very much included, on here with lots-o-boys are total control freaks and yet managed to sway our way out of it with diet and lifestyle changes.

8. Thanks Inhope thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby, Georgia_Peach liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much! Then I'll go with my plan! Just by reading that stress sways pink make me feel less stressed

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I second atomics advice. We wanted a summer baby for our last and final baby. Our fourth child. We have always conceived within 2 months of trying. I've been on the LE diet now since last July and we are still not pregnant. I am only 32 and am healthy. Summer baby dream is now out the window and we are just happy to get pregnant at this point.
    I wouldn't wait for the perfect time bc sometimes you can't control that sort of thing and you just need to let that go!

Best of luck to you 😊

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Inhope thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123