Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BZ94 View Post
    Been wondering--and this might be the place to post it--how does "big O" affect gender selection? Been obsessing on the fact that despite my best effort I had a big O when ttc the baby I'm now 10 weeks pregnant with, but it seems based on the above info, it might not have made a difference? (I was ttc girl btw)...
    BZ94, the info above are my suspects...I have no evidences! Anyway it would be something that happens in the moment of the fertilization the egg. During the way from de VJ to the egg, the sperm swim in CM. This CM and VJ fluids seems to be more alkaline when you have a big O, so sways blue because it increase the amount of spermies that get the egg zone. But I guess atomic, will be able to explain it better, I really haven´t read much about big O, and don´t think if you had a big O means that you haven´t a little girl!!! In fact I didn´t have a big O when conceived my DS and he´s all boy
    Mom to my DS and my baby girl

Thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming

link to my sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to continue with it, but I keep reading about it, and all the mechanism of a fertilization is based in proteins recognition and fusion between them. So definitively something around quantity and type of the proteins egg membrane´s must be. My assumption is that hormones and diet determinate the proteines of the egg (likely to X or Y) and thus, keep off the other gender sperm, through a mechanism similar to the blockade that the egg does once is fertilized, avoiding the entrance of more spermies.... could be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g_7gZcmj7w

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articl...ystery-solved/

(this last link is more about the attraction power of progesterone...maybe atracts more x than y??well don´t know because the scientific articles are difficoult to me to read in english

Anyway......AMAZING!!!! I love research about it!!
    Last edited by mariposa; November 11th, 2012 at 11:07 AM.

link to my sway:

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anything is possible and for right now it's as good a theory as any, I don't discount anything and have read about it before, BUT I don't think it's super likely for a few different reasons.

Firstly, boy/girl twins and multiples like Jon and Kate where there are both boys and girls, and secondly when people go high tech and get equal gender splits.

Secondly because for most of the time while they are developing, X and Y sperm are just one big XY cell wearing the exact same skin - only at the point where they divide, which is near the end of their development, do they even become different things at all, until then they are one thing with one skin and so it seems likely that their skin stays the same after they divide too, so externally X and Y sperm are probably not even any different.

Thirdly, some things that have been best proven to sway are coming from men, low sperm count and quality regardless of reason sways pink, and so that doesn't seem to add up at all to me that the egg is choosing anything.

And lastly, it's because it's a "magic bullet" solution and nothing in the human body works like a magic bullet. I do not think that gender ratio can come down to one surefire thing like that, where if we get everything just so, the egg will always "choose" the right gender sperm.

In terms of the other study that is done in marine mammals, it is not good for our purposes, because mammal eggs don't work the same way because they have internal fertilization. Marine animal's eggs have to keep sperm from other animals that is also floating around in the ocean from fertilizing them and so have different mechanisms in order to do that. Plus, marine animals, even up to crocodiles, have been proven to have other things that affect gender ratio (like minerals, temperature, and the presence of another of a different gender) that don't affect humans at all, and many of them can actually change genders anyway.

The LE Diet provides a normal protein intake and actually more than most people get around the world and throughout history, yet babies have been born at about 50-50 all the time around the world, so I just don't think protein intake can have that much of a cause and effect that way. If anything, I think that a poor diet would make a thicker eggshell (age does this too) and that's what gives the bigger X a potential advantage.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks Millie thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BZ94 View Post
    Been wondering--and this might be the place to post it--how does "big O" affect gender selection? Been obsessing on the fact that despite my best effort I had a big O when ttc the baby I'm now 10 weeks pregnant with, but it seems based on the above info, it might not have made a difference? (I was ttc girl btw)...
    I had one too when I got my DD, BZ.

We've done polls on IG and GD and there have def. been many girl moms who had big O's, I would try not to worry at all. I do think it's one of those things that may help a bit, but is not a make or break thing at all.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your thoughts, atomic!! They have a lot of sense, It were just my assumptions...although I still suspect there´s something around the egg membrane..I wish to be a scientific woman who works investigating it!!

link to my sway:

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And a last question about this....so,if you don´t think the egg "selects" the sperm, or its membrane can be influenced....how does the diet and hormones work in a sway? I mean, if diet and hormones doesn´t affect directly the egg, what does the diet and hormones affect to? only CM and thus, sway? (I know the low sugar blood is good for a female implantation, but I don´t mention because it would be a sway tactic "after" the baby is conceived, not a way to advantage an sperm respect the other, isn´t it?

Also I was thinking about the twins with 2 genders....could be a "neutral" membrane if the diet and hormones are in a perfect balance, and respect the different proteins surfaces of X and Y spermies, could be something that happens after, altough they come from the same cell (like in babies that generates all kind of cells from just one)

I don´t want to seem that I have a special interest in alll this around membrane egg to be true, is just because I find a lot of sense in this theory and just can share my thoughts about sway in this site, anyway for me is completely complementary to all your info here
    Last edited by mariposa; November 11th, 2012 at 03:04 PM.

link to my sway:

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the diet and hormones do something to the CM that either affects X and Y differently, sends some signal to X or Y that make them possibly capacitate at different rates, or kills off more sperm, and then it's the numbers of sperm that is swaying somehow. My theory is that if more sperm reach the egg, it somehow gives Y an advantage, and if fewer sperm reach the egg, it somehow gives X an advantage, but an advantage is all - I simply do not believe that there is anything out there that sways all the time. I think it's a mechanical advantage, not a chemical one...the X sperm are just a tiny bit bigger and so may be able to get through the egg with fewer sperm to help them (it takes lots of sperm to get through the eggshell) and maybe if more are there, the slightly smaller Y sperm have an advantage.

I don't believe in ideas like "balance" when it comes to hormones - the human body is always in flux, I just don't think it works like that.

I appreciate you sharing your info! That's what this site is all about! Thank you!!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I think the diet and hormones do something to the CM that either affects X and Y differently, sends some signal to X or Y that make them possibly capacitate at different rates, or kills off more sperm, and then it's the numbers of sperm that is swaying somehow. My theory is that if more sperm reach the egg, it somehow gives Y an advantage, and if fewer sperm reach the egg, it somehow gives X an advantage, but an advantage is all - I simply do not believe that there is anything out there that sways all the time. I think it's a mechanical advantage, not a chemical one...the X sperm are just a tiny bit bigger and so may be able to get through the egg with fewer sperm to help them (it takes lots of sperm to get through the eggshell) and maybe if more are there, the slightly smaller Y sperm have an advantage.

I don't believe in ideas like "balance" when it comes to hormones - the human body is always in flux, I just don't think it works like that.

I appreciate you sharing your info! That's what this site is all about! Thank you!!!
    thank you very much atomic, I love read your conclussions! it´s really interesting what you say about "a mechanical advantage, not a chemical one" , and in fact has a LOT of sense (and probably the egg membrane has a role in play just around this "mechanich" process simply being harder or softer, and not about chemical unions between cell proteins ..... I don´t know if one day we will know how it works but definitively, but if it happens, you will have contributed a lot with your support on here.

link to my sway:

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, exactly - the diet may affect CM and then the eggshell itself, and then those two things combined PLUS sperm count/quality, offer an advantage to one sperm vs. the other.

The way I think of it, is a pencil that is sharp vs. an unsharpened one, and a piece of paper vs. a piece of cardboard...the sharp pencil can poke right thru a piece of paper but if you tried to put it into cardboard the tip might break off, while an unsharpened pencil would just slide right off paper but you could stick it through the piece of cardboard if you used enough force. Or it may work the exact opposite way - the pointy ones may have an advantage at cardboard and the thicker may have an advantage with thin paper. So the more/less swimmers are at the egg, it makes the shell easier to penetrate by Y sperm and somehow that's what is doing the swaying. It's just a theory but I wanted to come up with a theory that didn't involve any undiscovered things like ions or protein, and it seems to explain everything pretty well, even the stuff that wasn't able to be explained by other theories.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It has totally sense to me atomic, it´s great!!!

link to my sway:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast