Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL!!! We'll it does make me feel a bit worried. cause my husband loves me being a martha I think. (except when it isn't convenient to him) but he's just no leader. And I am. I would love the Idea of letting things go. but he always picks my brain.
    He makes it hard for me. even if I ask him to take over. He will try. but I always need to ask him for stuff or it will never happen...

I'm in a real testosterone place right now.. and TRYING! to let go.. but it makes it worse. LOL anyone knows a good feel good movie?
    I really need one right now egg is coming!

(ok.. not completly fair.. he does take care of me (roles do seem to be reversed here) wich is nice and sweet)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I agree that is also my observation, military men, police, firefighters seem to have more daughters. I also believe that teachers (both male and female) have more daughters and also ministers seem to as well. These are just my observations and not set in stone of course. I wish I had an army of grad students to do studies for me.
    Oh, I wish! My Dad has 3 girls . DH & I have 3 boys - both are police officers (Dad's a retired one). Obviously, no magic bullet but I wish we followed the trend a bit more!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really hope that's the case for us when we fall pregnant! My husband is military!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been thinking about it. and then it doesn't fit. the women are pretty dominant themselves.
    (Even with the husband leader jobs!)
    but I think that I'm not more dominant but freaked over little things. little less relaxed. (I'm a ppl pleaser) as day are less. They do what they want more.
    I started thinking what if it isn't the testosterone. but the stress makes cortisol wich makes bloodsugars raise?
    what if it's the influence on bloodsugars in this case except testosteron.

I don't think I'm dominant but I'm a worry-er I can think everything threw over and over and over..
    but I love to do what other ppl makes happy. (something to worry about what if they don't get happy if I do this or that)
    The girl moms I know are more relaxed and don't think THAT much. but can be quite dominant.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweetdream that makes sense to me....I'm a worry-er too and want to see other people happy. i come second place.

Sometimes I ask myself if it gave me my second boy (he was an HT boy we put both genders back 2xx and 2xy and I hoped for a girl). Why didn't one of those girls stick too? They were same quality..... Interesting stuff.

My father was a military and got 2 girls and he is very short. My husband is very tall and is in IT/high tech business. I'm a teacher and now I'm an at stay home mum.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wonder if it's a bit of a hunter gatherer effect? As in the dominant males have daughters cause they are there to provide for them? Hmmm interesting!

I realised that my boys take after my cats haha!! We have two, the oldest one is brown and youngest is ginger which is the same as our sons although we had the cats first! Weird haha xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lisvna and sweet dream we sound very similar. I am a people pleasing worrier haha. Lis I am a teacher and my hubby is an it manager as well!! Small world good luck getting your girls
    Xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdream View Post
    I've been thinking about it. and then it doesn't fit. the women are pretty dominant themselves.
    (Even with the husband leader jobs!)
    but I think that I'm not more dominant but freaked over little things. little less relaxed. (I'm a ppl pleaser) as day are less. They do what they want more.
    I started thinking what if it isn't the testosterone. but the stress makes cortisol wich makes bloodsugars raise?
    what if it's the influence on bloodsugars in this case except testosteron.

I don't think I'm dominant but I'm a worry-er I can think everything threw over and over and over..
    but I love to do what other ppl makes happy. (something to worry about what if they don't get happy if I do this or that)
    The girl moms I know are more relaxed and don't think THAT much. but can be quite dominant.
    See that's the thing, I don't think it's being dominant per se (I did not name that theory and unfortunately have no control over it). It's trying to, or having to, control, control, control by virtue of being in circumstances that require it. So a person who is in a very high stress, high tension job such as soldier or policeman, they might be more attracted to someone who gives them a break from that and is more laid back. And vice versa, I would personally not WANT to be married to a guy whose career was that far out of the realm of my comfort and control level. But I know a lot of women who like that feeling that their husband is taking care of them, making decisions, and so on. So it seems likely to me that there is some effect where Marthas might end up with Marys just by virtue of that combo works well together.

One thing that being married to my beloved husband has taught me is that when it's two Martha-types wrestling for control, it's not always pretty! and it ends up producing a heck of a lot of boys!!

Sweetdream I think we talked about this before but I think Marthas can be pretty big people pleasers. It's part and parcel of the control freak nature. That feeling like "if I do things right enough, then I can make people like me". Marys just trust that people are going to like them and also just expect that others are going to hold up their end of the bargain in relationships.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulberry Smurf View Post
    Wonder if it's a bit of a hunter gatherer effect? As in the dominant males have daughters cause they are there to provide for them? Hmmm interesting!

I realised that my boys take after my cats haha!! We have two, the oldest one is brown and youngest is ginger which is the same as our sons although we had the cats first! Weird haha xx
    It actually is likely the opposite, whatever confluence of hormones makes guys what we view as "manly men" in the here and now, may have actually made them less likely to stick around or be around (maybe more likely to have been killed) in the hunter gatherer environment, because daughters had a much higher chance of survival without a dad around than sons do. Male mammals without their bio dads around, unfortunately don't tend to live too long in nature.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdream View Post
    But when you think about it. those men are mostly a bit dominant. or have some leadership. so I guess they are less likely to have Martha's as wifes. wich make the circle go round.
    yes exactly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast