Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alcohol question

In some of the info I was reading here I saw that drinking alcohol is supposed to decrease DH's testosterone.

However we had a drug/alcohol counselor tell us one time that whiskey INCREASES testosterone. Which, honestly, I tend to believe because whiskey makes him MEAN and rum, tequila, beer, etc doesn't.

Any insight on this?

(ETA, on further thought, I DO recall that before we conceived DD we drank moderately every weekend, and since then I've only been a special occasion drinker...)
    Last edited by wannabowbaby; January 15th, 2015 at 06:14 PM.
    Happily married 7.5yrs - Mommy to
    K-7yrs E-4yrs I-16 months
    JUST weaned in April - TTC a bow baby Spring/Summer 2015

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Firstly, we don't even know that testosterone has anything to do with gender ratio. IT's one theory out of dozens of them and really there is not a lot of quality evidence that supports it.

The counselor is incorrect anyway because the lion's share of the evidence shows it lowers testosterone in men. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_and_sex It may raise T levels in chronic female alcoholics over the course of many years.

Beer and tequila and rum are still alcohol. To say that drinking whiskey making someone mean proves that alcohol raises testosterone, that is not an accurate statement.

If testosterone even sways, it's because it has some physiological effect and it is entirely possilbe for someone to have both higher testosterone and be more likely to have girls due to the physiology. WE see this in men who use steroids, their testicles actually shrink despite being very high in blood levels of testosterone and we have found many more girls conceived among men who abuse steroids.

We believe that it is fertility, specifically the ability of sperm to meet egg, and alcohol ahs been well demonstrated to reduce fertility for both DH and DW. I believe it to be a good pink sway tactic and I credit it with helping me get my DD.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ