Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Big Dreamer

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    425
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Soy isoflavones significantly reduced DHT levels and increased testosterone levels.

    For one...what?? Lol I have no clue what the heck is difference between dht and testosterone? But anyways someone with more intelligence can explain why they say soy iso.. increasese testosterone I thought it helped lower it?

    http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.co...-increase.html
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

    Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

  2. #2
    Dream Vet
    Princess of Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    All I know is that Soy Iso sways boy...high testosterone sways boy... so maybe it's true???
    Our 6-pack of girlies
    1997
    2001
    2002
    2004
    2006
    2015

  3. #3
    Dream Vet
    zanacal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dorset, England
    Posts
    4,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Lol, I can't claim to understand it either, but have you read this?:

    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-girl-or-a-boy!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

  4. #4
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    107,097
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thank you for sharing!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  5. #5
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    107,097
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    DHT is just when regular old testosterone binds with an enzyme and turns into SUPERtestosterone. DHT is responsible for things like baldness, acne, and some of the other major downsides of testosterone.

    So what I took away from that study is that soy is interfering somehow in the process that turns regular testosterone into DHT.

    I still think that soy is great for a pink sway. Actually, even more so, because this study shows how such a mechanism might help with a pink sway. If you're lowering testosterone all together through diet and lifestyle factors (as you should be) and you then added soy, the available testosterone (already reduced in quantity) would be less likely to be converted into DHT and since it's DHT that seems to be enabling at least some of the physical manifestations of testosterone, it may be that less DHT = more girls.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone
    http://www.belgraviacentre.com/blog/what-is-dht/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  6. #6
    Big Dreamer

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    425
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Lol, I can't claim to understand it either, but have you read this?:

    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-girl-or-a-boy!
    Yes I have, a very good article , still trying under all the big words lol I figure if I read it enough I might understand it lol
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

    Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

  7. #7
    Dream Vet
    zanacal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dorset, England
    Posts
    4,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda View Post
    Yes I have, a very good article , still trying under all the big words lol I figure if I read it enough I might understand it lol
    Lol, yes me too!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

  8. #8
    Dream Vet
    zanacal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dorset, England
    Posts
    4,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    DHT is just when regular old testosterone binds with an enzyme and turns into SUPERtestosterone. DHT is responsible for things like baldness, acne, and some of the other major downsides of testosterone.

    So what I took away from that study is that soy is interfering somehow in the process that turns regular testosterone into DHT.

    I still think that soy is great for a pink sway. Actually, even more so, because this study shows how such a mechanism might help with a pink sway. If you're lowering testosterone all together through diet and lifestyle factors (as you should be) and you then added soy, the available testosterone (already reduced in quantity) would be less likely to be converted into DHT and since it's DHT that seems to be enabling at least some of the physical manifestations of testosterone, it may be that less DHT = more girls.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone
    http://www.belgraviacentre.com/blog/what-is-dht/
    Atomic, do you know of many who included soy in their sway and whether they conceived boys or girls? How about the other herbs we take for hormones - Saw P and Vitex - if you were going to include soy would it be instead of those things?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

  9. #9
    Dream Vet
    zanacal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dorset, England
    Posts
    4,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Atomic, do you know of many who included soy in their sway and whether they conceived boys or girls? How about the other herbs we take for hormones - Saw P and Vitex - if you were going to include soy would it be instead of those things?
    Don't worry, I re-read the soy sticky and got answers there
    2005 2007 2009 2012

  10. #10
    Big Dreamer

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    425
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    DHT is just when regular old testosterone binds with an enzyme and turns into SUPERtestosterone. DHT is responsible for things like baldness, acne, and some of the other major downsides of testosterone.

    So what I took away from that study is that soy is interfering somehow in the process that turns regular testosterone into DHT.

    I still think that soy is great for a pink sway. Actually, even more so, because this study shows how such a mechanism might help with a pink sway. If you're lowering testosterone all together through diet and lifestyle factors (as you should be) and you then added soy, the available testosterone (already reduced in quantity) would be less likely to be converted into DHT and since it's DHT that seems to be enabling at least some of the physical manifestations of testosterone, it may be that less DHT = more girls.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone
    http://www.belgraviacentre.com/blog/what-is-dht/
    Thank you! Now THAT makes sense lol, I hope its all right because I really want to hyperovulate and hope for twins but didn't want to screw my girl sway up to much lol
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

    Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •