Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Olive leaf extract and the fertility of male rats

I found this article interesting:

http://www.cjmb.org/PDF/CJMB-1-59.pdf
    Me - 36 DH - 38
    DS1 - 2010; DS2 - 2012

I am pregnant with Bubs due early November 2016. I am hoping for a girl but another little boy will be great too.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, I thought olive leaf extract was supposed to improve sperm quality while still swaying pink. I'm interested in hearing what Atomic thinks as my DH has been taking it for 2 years now!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this the same study? Says olive leaf extract may eventually be able to be used as a male contraceptive! So maybe it sways girl by reducing fertility? If that's the case I need to have DH stop taking it! It's hard enough hoping for an oops pregnancy due to the pull out method, I definitely don't need DH taking the equivalent of a male contraceptive on top of it!

The effect of a hydro-alcoholic extract of olive fruit on reproductive argons in male sprague-dawley rat
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I saw these studies and also other ones done on olives themselves. essence the one you posted is olive FRUIT, not leaf.

These are rats, ladies. And they're getting a massive dose of it.

The only reason we ever used the stuff to begin with was because a fertility doctor swore by it for IVF (when men's sperm numbers are being checked relatively often) Hundreds of guys are using it for IVF and no one has reported any drastic alteration in their sperm count or quality.

It is meant first and foremost as a swaying supplement. If you want to boost your husband's sperm health there are a lot of other, better, more proven things to take. OLE is supposed to sway pink while being better than LR and cranberry (and I believe that it is better for sperm quality than both of them) If you don't want to use it, drop it, but I have seen gobs and gobs of women getting pregnant with their husbands taking it, including a fair number with very bad sperm health and quality and/or couples that have had a lot of trouble getting pregnant
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 25th, 2016 at 06:22 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes Mischa liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic!

Do you think my DH should stay on it knowing my circumstances? I did get pregnant last time with him on it (and licorice root).
    Oct 2014

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's meant to reduce blood sugar, and lower blood sugar sways pink should DW not be taking it aswell!!???? Isn't that the reason we are told to skip breakfast and add cinammon to everything!??

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also it says that ole decreases testosterone which also is meant to sway pink ... I'm glad I've been taking this the last 2 months ... Will be dtd in another 6 wks hoping for a little pink bundle after 3 boys :-)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Thanks Atomic!

Do you think my DH should stay on it knowing my circumstances? I did get pregnant last time with him on it (and licorice root).
    I honestly do not know.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by amelia10 View Post
    If it's meant to reduce blood sugar, and lower blood sugar sways pink should DW not be taking it aswell!!???? Isn't that the reason we are told to skip breakfast and add cinammon to everything!??

That doesn't mean that you should therefore take or use EVERYTHING that's ever been said to lower blood sugar by anyone on the Internet. I mean we could inject ourselves with insulin too, that lowers blood sugar. Doesn't make it a good idea. People who do not need to artificially lower their blood sugar via herbs can actually do themselves serious harm even using things that seem very benign like medicinal quantities of cinnamon.

If you're doing LE Diet you're already doing what you need to do to. You do not and in fact should not go through and start taking everything under the sun that anyone has ever claimed lowers blood sugar. Low blood sugar is a hypothesis. A guess. We don't even KNOW it's true. Testosterone is also just a guess. It is entirely possible neither is true, or that OLE really has little to nothing to do with it, or sways blue in some other way we don't know about it yet, and you're actually harming your sway taking something that may sway blue or may not be safe when TTC (because we know little to nothing about these things!)

I only sign off on things that I have witnessed with my own two eyes, many people take and get girls with it. If you choose to take OLE and you're happy about that, great, I hope it works for you, but I have logical reasons for the way I do things and I do not recommend any DW take it.

I have never ever ever ever told anyone to add cinnamon to everything. I only recommend it for people with PCOS or insulin resistance or those who ahve more than 30-50 lbs to lose. no more than 1/2 teaspoon maximum and 1/4 is probably better. This needs to be dropped down to 1/8 teaspoon during the 2ww. If you think this is a tiny dose you're correct, that's how strong it is, and it's really not a good idea when dieting and skipping meals to take more than that because it can make your blood sugar crash very strongly and even make you pass out if you take too much.

11. Likes sweetfacejess liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only reason I started taking ole because it was recommended by a lady in my local health food shop because I suffer badly from cold sores (not just on my lips but whole face), I was sick of being on medication all the time, so I did some research and it is a really good anti viral and that's how I found out about all the other stuff and thought hey bonus!! As for the cinnamon I didn't know that so thanks for the tip, dint like the stuff anyway so was sprinkling a small amount on my houmous and crackers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast