Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if the other things we're doing to increase or decrease testosterone (diet especially) would counteract the stress factor anyway?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    Had a convo re: stress and whether it swayed boy/girl in another thread today, and found this tonight via my friend Google:
    http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/...s-2907895.html
    This is difficult to discuss without offending people but I am going to try, because as I've said before, I feel that this is the number one reason why sways fail.

When reading something like this, you have to keep in mind that it is a) the kind and duration of stress b) your physical/mental responses to that stress and c) the other things going on in your body and environment that do the swaying.
    It's not that your body has a little checklist and it goes "Stress...check...better pop out a girl," it's that stress may cause a complex chain of chemical reactions that trigger whatever mechanism it is that actually physically sways. So if that reaction is NOT triggered or if your body can overcome that mechanism because of other factors (diet, lifestyle, etc.) the stress is irrelevant because it didn't trigger the response. And if your body is having that reaction anyway, the stress is still irrelevant because it's happening regardless.

My experience with working with hundreds if not a thousand swayers at this point is that women who tend to be very highly wound and high strung about things have way more boys, and I think it's because they are just mentally and perhaps physically more set to see the universe as something that they must control at every second and whenever you feel like you are in control of anything (or that you NEED to be), that causes your testosterone to go up. Challenges that you take on voluntarily and overcome, raise testosterone and sway blue.

However, if you are chronically under stress all the time and feel that those stressors are out of your control (so either they are stressors that you cannot control or else your disposition is such that you feel ill-equipped to handle them), those things end up swaying pink, because a person has to or chooses to turn over control to others and that can lower testosterone if a person sees that as a defeat or surrender in any way. In nature, a primate that cannot win a fight is much more likely to survive if it has a drop in testosterone that makes it more likely to walk away from confrontations.

This does not mean that girl moms are "losers" as some have interpreted it, far from it. In nature and in life, it is far smarter and wiser to expend energy on battles you can win rather than railing against every challenge you run into and desperately attempting to control every facet of one's existence. And if you have a limited amount of caloric resources at your disposal, this is even more true because being a control freak expends an awful amount of energy so if you're trying to exist and feed your baby on a handful of termites and 2 rotten bananas a day like our primate ancestors did and do, it makes a lot more sense to be more laid back and maybe not take on the alpha female when she gets on your nerves a little.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 24th, 2011 at 02:08 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    However, if you are chronically under stress all the time and feel that those stressors are out of your control (so either they are stressors that you cannot control or else your disposition is such that you feel ill-equipped to handle them), those things end up swaying pink, because a person has to or chooses to turn over control to others and that can lower testosterone if a person sees that as a defeat or surrender in any way. In nature, a primate that cannot win a fight is much more likely to survive if it has a drop in testosterone that makes it more likely to walk away from confrontations.
    Super. This is me, the wimp. I get overwhelmed and freak out all the time.

My only thought is, I have ALWAYS been like this, so it obviously didn't stop me from having a boy once before. I just hope I can get past it again to have a boy this time!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really who know all this for sure?
    Im pretty much in control here and stressed most of the time and only got girls! So yeah it just don't work for everyone and that's it. At least this is what I think.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am confused now... I like to be in control of somethings but I am a follower more then a leader. I have never been asked to decide something or in charge, and I don't know how. My boys are the boss during the day and hubby is at night. My hubby will say what he wants for dinner but I am in control of when dinner is on the table.

I am a perfectionist and if I mess up on something I toss it... a costume I sewed got a little bit burned from the iron and I would put my son in it and I burned dinner a couple of times and made hubby go get something.

I am stressed a lot about my mother show up at my door but other then I try to stay relaxed.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    flava, I agree, these are just tendencies and do not hold true for everyone. The point I guess I'm going for is that it is what is going on in your body that counts and not the stress itself, because some people are super stressed and their bodies don't respond the same ways that other people's do. it's just that there ~may~ be an overall tendency for this to be true and not for any one person.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    Super. This is me, the wimp. I get overwhelmed and freak out all the time.

My only thought is, I have ALWAYS been like this, so it obviously didn't stop me from having a boy once before. I just hope I can get past it again to have a boy this time!
    I agree totally Hobber and I believe with every fiber of my being that every person on this site even those with 6 and 7 of the same gender already, CAN totally conceive a child of the opposite gender.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    I am confused now... I like to be in control of somethings but I am a follower more then a leader. I have never been asked to decide something or in charge, and I don't know how. My boys are the boss during the day and hubby is at night. My hubby will say what he wants for dinner but I am in control of when dinner is on the table.

I am a perfectionist and if I mess up on something I toss it... a costume I sewed got a little bit burned from the iron and I would put my son in it and I burned dinner a couple of times and made hubby go get something.

I am stressed a lot about my mother show up at my door but other then I try to stay relaxed.
    These are just general tendencies and observations and not anything that can be generalized down to one individual, and for sure not any one situation.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    See maybe that's it! This sway thing work for most of the people who do it right , but there are some others and no matter what they do it just wont work for them.
    Im thinking I may be in this group...sway don't work for everyone .

And you know i also believe like you said that everyone can conceive both gender , but it matters when! what sad is not after 2-3 kids but what after 7-8? Sadly we can't do that.
    +1

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

My experience with working with hundreds if not a thousand swayers at this point is that women who tend to be very highly wound and high strung about things have way more boys, and I think it's because they are just mentally and perhaps physically more set to see the universe as something that they must control at every second and whenever you feel like you are in control of anything (or that you NEED to be), that causes your testosterone to go up. Challenges that you take on voluntarily and overcome, raise testosterone and sway blue.
    Oh no, this is me! But the problem is that if I do things to sway for a girl, that will help me feel in control of the situation and raise my testosterone!!
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast