Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to wonder about this before I had kids.

My Mat-Grandma had GGGBGG and no one it really sure on the number of m/c. It is known for sure that she had 3 make it to 4-6mths but my grandpa believed there to be about 3-4 more. The only reason why she had 1 son is because she was on a very stricked 7mth bedrest. She ate a lot and with no exercise she gained a lot of weight. She was a person who never gained weight with pregs and would even starve for days or only eat if my grandpa was around. All of her girls were 4-5lbs at birth but her son was almost 9lbs.

My Mat-Great Grandma had GGG but it was during the depression so food was limited. I wonder if poor habits then caused something because my great-grandma was the only girl out of 9 boys.

I don't believe my mother had any m/c and my dad also thinks the same. But she had GBGGB and the boys do have some problems both have ADHD, food allergies, and other allergies. But stuff like that wouldn't cause a m/c or death. All I know is my mother conceived boys while on a high protein diet. My mother also didn't believe in gaining weight and since I was 13 when my lil bro was born I know for a fact that she didn't eat, she over exercised, and she only gained 5lbs in the last mth (after loosing 25lbs the first 8mth).

My mothers siblings have.... L-BGB, C-BBB, J (the B)-BG, J-GGG, and S-GB. My aunt C had all boys but the older 2 have very agressive anger issues and the youngest had Downs. My Aunt J had all girls but I think someone mentioned once that she had about 5 m/c.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........
    Everything makes me wonder if some people have genetic issues or if some just may not have enough in their diet at the time! Even if someone isn't loosing weight they are just not eating enough for a boy to make it. Thats why the HE diet is doing so well.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting! I agree with you too.
    My grandparents on my fathers side had BBBBBB, my dad being the youngest boy. Two of their boys had ADHD and another had autism (he passed away).
    My mum's parents had GGGG and then they divorced and during my gran's second marriage she had her first and only boy with her second husband, even though she was convinced that she couldn't carry boys.
    My parents had BBGGG, and my one of my brothers has BB. My sister has GGB and I have BBG. Funny how different family make-ups can be!
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I LOVE this explanation. Only yesterday I had a lady tall me I must just not be able to carry daughters. It really does put the seed of doubt in my mind. Savvas in Cyprus told me the same recently when I asked him if I could not carry daughters. He also said it's just a coincidence. It's nice to be told I'm not abnormal!
    xx
    5 bouncing boys!
    2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011

FSH 14.8 - AMH 0.72 (low ovarian reserve)
    Genesis Cyprus - 1 healthy transferred 13/07/2012 BFN

Swayed pink unsuccessfully 2012-2013. Stopped vitex and other supps in Jan 2014, abandoned TTC, then fell pregnant! Me and DH both 40.
    Blog http://asisterformysons.tumblr.com/

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So good to know that I can carry a girl!! My mom had GBGB and my husband's mom had GB. His sister though had BBB, I have BBB, my older brother has BB and my younger brother has BBG. Why so many boys???
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It may be a coincidence (even if there is nothing other than sheer dumb luck some families would have mostly boys or mostly girls) or there may have been something in your environments growing up (or even in your mother's womb) that has made you a bit more set for one over the other.

Or, it may be that you guys just all like to eat certain foods or do certain things that make you more likely to conceive one vs. the other. YOU CAN STILL CARRY A GIRL biologically. If you look at Michelle Duggar, she's had long runs of both boys and girls longer than any of your family has.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great info Atomic. I know genetically I should be able to carry girls but I always wondered if I could after having 5 boys. I still can't believe this one is really a girl, it will take a while to sink in!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    P.s your baby girl is so cute

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! I have watched the Duggar's since they were first on tv and wondered if she would start having girls again after all those boys!
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Color blindness is an x-linked single chromosome condition. I am a carrier (my dad is colorblind), my 8 year old is color deficient. My 6 year old has shown no signs so far of having the condition.

I have a 50/50 chance of passing it on to any of my offspring. If I have any daughters, there will be a 50/50 chance that they are carriers (since my husband is not colorblind). If he was, there would be a 50/50 chance that they would be colorblind. If they weren't, they'd be carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11/8/98 8/14/06 4/1/08 ("sway" opposite)

Would love to add a precious

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok someone else had mentioned that and there is apparently more than one kind of colorblindness (which was why my research had uncovered it) so I left it as it was in the essay. Sorry for confusion.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast