Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Studies showing that abstinance/frequent release sways?

Does anyone have any links to studies showing that frequency of intercourse sways pink? I've had a good search on Google and haven't had any luck.

I found one study suggesting that a 7-10 day abstinance increases the proportion of X-sperm slightly:
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...15028297002471

and I found a book which suggested that frequent intercourse swayed blue because it resulted in an earlier conception: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=P...quency&f=false

Does anyone have any better links for me to read? (apologies if there is a section for this elsewhere, I can't find it)

Because both of those are meant to lower sperm count, is there any study which proves that a lower sperm count sways pink?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good question rainbow, I´ve been looking for it unsuccesfully too.
    6 3
    swayed for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I know the aim isn't to change the proportion of x to xy sperm because that's not believed to be possible, but the aim is to lower sperm count. There's some information in this study: (I've copied the relevant section below but you'll have to go to the study if you want to follow to the links.)

http://joe.endocrinology-journals.or...t/198/1/3.full

Heat stress in mice and sperm quality and fertility
    Perez-Crespo et al. (2007) reported that male mice were exposed to heat stress and then mated 6 h later with unexposed females. These authors noted that heat stress has deleterious effects on sperm quality, and they found that the resulting offspring sex ratio was significantly low. They cited a study reporting analogous findings viz that in red deer, sperm quality of males also correlated positively and significantly with offspring sex ratio (Gomendio et al. 2006). The author has offered an explanation of the latter data (James 2007). The author suggests that this explanation may apply also to the data of Perez-Crespo et al. (2007). The correlation between sperm quality and offspring sex ratio is secondary to correlations of both with paternal testosterone/gonadotrophin ratio.

Gomendio et al. (2006) also reported a significant positive correlation between the total fertility of red deer and their offspring sex ratio. A similar association has been described in human families. A century ago, the largest European families contained slightly but significantly higher proportion of boys (Schutzenberger 1950, Edwards 1958). This occurred in spite of negative associations between a) sex ratio and b) birth order and paternal age (James 1987). The association between human fertility and sex ratio may also be mediated by paternal T.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's an old post:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-some-rambling

I guess Atomic may have more to add to it now!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all I am sorry that I don't have all the links together in one post. I am doing my best but there are only so many hours in the day and my family has a lot of needs right now. (My husband yelled at me for like 2 hours this weekend because the house was messy and I'm spending like 6 hours 3 days a week on here while taking care of two toddlers and two teens, and it really is all I can spare. I have to be away from home half the week right now due to illness in the family, and I don't have a laptop. Please if you can bear with me I promise this site will be fab over the course of time.)

Anyway, the book (which I was aware of and have been saving pennies to buy) is just describing one theory about gender ratio - just because it's in book form, I hope no one gives it any more or less weight than any of the other theories about gender ratio. William James thinks it's variations in hormones and that timing does matter in swaying and the book was just describing that theory that he has. Again, as I said in another post last week, IF there is any correlation between conception early in the cycle and more boys it is likely that it's only because primarily people who are highly fertile are the only ones capable of conceiving that far out and are also more likley to conceive boys, while people who are less fertile may only be able to conceive right on O and are also more likely to conceive girls. So it is entirely possible (I would go so far as to say probable) that any supposed correlations between day of insemination and gender are nothing more than red herrings. (Also, all these studies are done on people who aren't already doing 700 other things to sway.)

Secondly, abstinence DOES sway pink, but the problem is that abstinence may not be safe for people over 35. Not from any difference in X and Y sperm (which is pretty miniscule as stated in the study, less than 1% difference, to quote from the study itself "This change of borderline statistical significance probably has little impact on the secondary sex ratio". Plus, this variation may be nothing other than a natural anyway - you're never going to get precisesly 50-50 X and Y sperm in any given sampling) but also from overall lowering sperm count. There is at least one study and maybe more out there that indicate this, and I'm sorry that I don't have time to find them right now, that show an increased risk of birth defects after 7-10 days of abstinence. For sure it makes less healthy sperm and lower chances of pg. Sicne we are already doing a lot to lower our odds of pg, it may be that abstinence/unhealthy sperm is just too much to overcome. I am trying to maximize odds of pg with chances at a baby girl, and so I think frequent BD is better than abstinence. But of course people are welcome to abstain and I do think it sways, maybe even better than frequent does.

There are TONS of studies that show lower sperm count = more girls. Everything that lowers sperm count sways pink...riding a bike, being exposed to pesticides, electromagnetic fields, etc. Frequent BD DOES lower sperm count without the DNA damage that abstinence can cause. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle2665788.ece
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; July 29th, 2011 at 09:53 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Here's an old post:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-some-rambling

I guess Atomic may have more to add to it now!
    That thread was very old and I had not even fully researched the differences between X and Y sperm at that point. There IS NOT a difference between electrical charge of X and Y sperm.

For everyone who did not closely read the study above that Rainbow posted, the difference in number of X and Y sperm after abstinence is MINISCULE and may be nothing more than a natural variation, only 10 guys with two ejaculations were even studied. I think it was like 1/2 a percent difference after abstinence, and that could very very well be nothing more than coincidence. Even after 7-10 days abstinence there will still be millions upon millions of both X and Y sperm in your hubby's testicles.

I had read that study before several times and I took and still take it for evidence that X and Y sperm basically live the same amount of time and are equally hardy, not the other way around...I'm actually kinda surprised by this thread!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you for all those links -

zanacal - I guess I need to get my DH to wear some briefs! lol. Even if just for around ovulation!

AS - don't apologise, we all know you have a hectic life and there is no rush! That Times Online link is interesting. I see it was 4 years ago and was a preliminary study, I wonder if they did a proper study after that one. On it, it says that daily DTD might increase fertility, so that makes me wonder if it really would sway pink... or if people who have to do that to conceive have some other hormonal/health issue that's causing it in the first place.

I don't mean this in a naggy way (AS - please don't take it that way lol), because really there is no rush, but it would be great to one day have a big reference list of links to all the key swaying studies so people can read them too. I know they exist scattered around, but it would be good to have them all together too.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But understand that the doctor simply means that it increases fertility as opposed to abstinence!!! And I also believe that he would tell every one of his patients to DTD every other day or every two days for max. numbers because numbers WILL drop with BD every day. That article was not super clear on that.

I know...at first I thought it would be nice to just put them in the appropriate essays rather than having them all isolated in one area that no one ever went to but I can see now it is best to have both options available for people.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With DS1 we DTD 2-4 x's a day, we were fairly young and just starting our relationship. I was also on the pill and made sure took it everyday. With DS2 we were lucky to get 1 a day or even 2x's a week. So something happened.

We are doing freq bding right now because I saw the studies on abstaining and birth defects. I want a healthy baby so it just made since to do freq bding. And also I made sure we stayed 5-3 days before O so there is no 7-10 day old sperm waiting.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure abstinence of 7-10 days would sway for us because I'm fairly certain that it's something DH hasn't done since puberty! When I first found out about swaying and stumbled across IG I read that the very best thing to do was to abstain so I mentioned it to DH and he said it was impossible and that even if he tried it he'd wake in the night and find nature had done it for him - perhaps this is a sign that he has high testosterone levels lol! We'll DTD every day (and I don't think that's *quite* the norm for him!) instead.

Atomic - thanks so much for all you do for this site. I'm sure you could answer the threads quicker than you do by putting less thought into them and making them less detailed but the information would be far less helpful. I sometimes forget that you have toddlers as well as your older boys and when I remember I really don't know how you do it!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast