Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by joyfylgrl View Post
    We weren't trying to get pregnant this time...we had somewhere btw a 3-6 day cut-off (it's hard to say as I wasn't timing and I was nursing DS3...so going off first ultrasound). Honestly, as hubby was going to get a vasectomy, the only main difference is that I had been diagnosed with PPD and when looking at vitamins/minerals, I was actually found to be very low in magnesium, so doctor had me on high cal/mag supps. It's looking like this is a girl...could be timing according to Minervas study IF it was closer to a 3-4 day cut-off.
    Yes, but just because some people's conceptions happen to coincide with timing, doesn't mean that timing sways. There are only 5 or 6 days of the cycle it's even possible to get pg, so there will be boys conceived on O day and girls conceived on cutoff purely from coincidence.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post

Yeah, you are right! I freaked out for 9 months about nothing. I am sorry for all of that.
    I don;t mind at all, I'm super happy for you and it's helpful to all the others who are worrying for the same reason!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I don;t mind at all, I'm super happy for you and it's helpful to all the others who are worrying for the same reason!!
    I was regretting my timing this time around, and was convinced I should have done what got me my first son (we DTD 5 days in a row for him--not swaying, just trying to get pg). Now I know that it doesn't matter what timing/frequency pattern you do--we got a boy with two different patterns. I guess the reason I was worried was that botth our daughters were one shot deals (literally). But with them, I am sure there were other things factoring in, like diet, and DH's special cigarette habit, plus his tendency to release on his own daily.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very, very interesting! Thanks for posting!

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So lets say you DTD 5-6 days in a row leading up to the day before O would this sway at all? Since there is probably more sperm up in there?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Navy, it depends on what else you're doing. If you've made your environment more hostile thru diet, supps, weight loss, then the sperm CANNOT stay alive that long. So yes, you're adding more sperm to the mix but at the same time lots of sperm are dying out. At the same time, your husband is getting depleted from the frequent release and is shooting fewer and fewer swimmers as you approach O. This all averages out to mean less sperm, not more.

Sperm can only stay alive for 5 days under ideal circumstances and only very very rarely longer than 5 days out. Swaying pink DOES NOT make for ideal circumstances by a long shot. I strongly suspect that for most pink swayers, all the sperm from anything longer than 3 days before ovulation will be dead, the sperm from 2-3 days before will be mostly dead, leaving only what is added from O-1 (and O day if you decided to DTD that day) to fertilize the egg...and your husband will probably be quite depleted by that day and have lower sperm numbers than if you'd DTD every 2-4 days.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Navy, it depends on what else you're doing. If you've made your environment more hostile thru diet, supps, weight loss, then the sperm CANNOT stay alive that long. So yes, you're adding more sperm to the mix but at the same time lots of sperm are dying out. At the same time, your husband is getting depleted from the frequent release and is shooting fewer and fewer swimmers as you approach O. This all averages out to mean less sperm, not more.

Sperm can only stay alive for 5 days under ideal circumstances and only very very rarely longer than 5 days out. Swaying pink DOES NOT make for ideal circumstances by a long shot. I strongly suspect that for most pink swayers, all the sperm from anything longer than 3 days before ovulation will be dead, the sperm from 2-3 days before will be mostly dead, leaving only what is added from O-1 (and O day if you decided to DTD that day) to fertilize the egg...and your husband will probably be quite depleted by that day and have lower sperm numbers than if you'd DTD every 2-4 days.
    Thank you for taking your time to give me an in depth answer! I am glad we have just kept on going. I have been on the diet for a little over 14 weeks now, we both a taking supps, I am doing repHresh. DH definitely feels like there is less and less each time we DTD and right now he is really sick with a head cold so he was been miserable!Hopefully all these attempts will help me get pregnant this month and stay pregnant!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry but is the conclusion is that timing does not matter at all ?
    and abstinence ?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is very old but the comment BD 1 day before O with one attempt sways boy 65% is a bit scary. It mentions 1 day before O with numerous attempts sways girl 69%. For our BFP we did one attempt as we thought this was most important factor. Any thoughts of the validity of this post?

10. Thanks SpottyBear, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also interested to hear what people say about that, skippy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast