Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gentle Swaying Help

Wow, Okay so I'm feeling pretty confused and overwhelmed in regard to information at the moment. I'm sure if read so much that I know less then I did before hand haha.

So I have 2 Daughters already and we have decided to try for boy for our last child. We arent wanting to go too hard out with it because we are worried we will convince ourselves it has worked and then be dis-pointed if it doesn't.

We already eat lots of potatoes (potato farmers) and bananas (and have 2 girls.. go figure)
    And I have decided to add lemons to my water.

I'm going to take a multivitamin but im unsure of what to look for in regards to its contents so any advice there would be so welcome.

Also is there any "DO NOT EAT" foods that I should avoid and any "Try eat as much as you can" foods.

Thanks for the help

This is ooooooh sooo exciting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do not eat foods, well I say eat anything that is high in nutrients If it's good for you, it's good for blue is my motto

Make sure you are taking folic acid! I would also add in Vit D.

What is your CM like?
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure if there is any do not eat foods, I'm sure atomic will be able to answer that. As far as foods you should eat alot of I would eat as much healthy foods as you want. When eating your meals you want to eat a protein and carb together. I always tried to make it a point to eat a protein, carb, and a fruit or veggie with my meals and then my snacks in between I would eat dried fruits and nuts and everyday I drank a coconut water with my snack and a V8 with my breakfast. I took a prenatal vitamin instead of a multivitamin but I'm sure you could do either, I took alot of other supplements too. Hope this helps

2007 2008 2012

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was actually coming on here to ask the same question about the 'do not eat foods'. So far it seems you can have anything in moderation as long as you have protein with it to help with blood sugar levels. Hoping someone else has a more specific answer for you.

Good luck on your sway!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    Do not eat foods, well I say eat anything that is high in nutrients If it's good for you, it's good for blue is my motto

Make sure you are taking folic acid! I would also add in Vit D.

What is your CM like?

Funny you mention the CM,

I brought a jucier a few months back and have been drinking carrot and celery juice everymorning and a wee side effect of that has been a crazy amount of EW CM for 3-4 days around ovulation time!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw that V8 Juice was recommended, I would make my own and have that as my daily juice but I dont have a recipie and the onces I have found online are all different.
    Does anyone have a recipie they would share?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Elements View Post
    I saw that V8 Juice was recommended, I would make my own and have that as my daily juice but I dont have a recipie and the onces I have found online are all different.
    I don't have a recipie but you said you have a juicer, so on the back of the V8 can it says it has tomatoes, carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress, and spinach and they add salt I'm sure. So I wouldn't think it was any different really if you made your own.

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For a gentle sway I would recommend you just focus on diet and take a prenatal vitamin. Maybe a fish oil supplement.

I think potatoes and bananas are good because they do provide potassium, but both in and of themselves are lacking in the "high nutrient" department Load the potato down with butter, cheese, sour cream, bacon, chives, etc. and it becomes a filling and more nutrient-dense meal. Slather peanut butter on those bananas! I like to slice them and add a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tablespoon of real heavy cream.

You want to eat a diet that is very high in nutrients, and there aren't really foods to "avoid", though I would definitely stay away from junk foods and sugary foods because they are low in nutritional value. I personally think it's best to go with mostly homemade foods that you can put plenty of protein and veggies into (kind of a "meat and potatoes" diet with plenty of vegetables, too). Full-fat dairy can help you sway blue and boosts fertility overall. Remember you need fat to absorb all the fat-soluble nutrients in your food.

So what you want to stay away from is nutritionally-empty food... but if what you're eating has lots of nutrients, you don't really need to avoid anything. Try and eat your meals and a couple of snacks to keep plenty of protein going in as well as keep your blood sugar stable!

About to run out so trying to keep this brief, but I hope it helps!
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome Elements!!

Eat protein and carbs at every meal, 9 servings of fruit and veg a day (this sounds like a lot, but juice counts and portions are actually quite small), lots of healthy fats. Eat 3 meals a day and 2-5 snacks - you want to have something in your stomach pretty constantly to avoid low blood sugar. I also advise full fat dairy, nuts, avocado, oatmeal, healthy breakfast cereal like Wheaties or Raisin Bran, dark chocolate, tea rather than coffee, and 2 eggs a day. Oily fish like salmon or tuna, but no more than 2x a week. Coconut water is a great source of potassium for not a lot of cals.

The things I would have people avoid for blue are artificial sweeteners, cured meats with lots of nitrates/nitrites in them, shellfish, high caffeine intake. I suggest keeping dairy in your diet and strongly suggest sanity with sodium intake (no more than 4000 mg a day and not the sky high levels suggested on some of the other sites). I also strongly advise against the "rice krispies with rice milk" breakfast for blue because it's almost pure carbs and will cause your blood sugar to spike and then plummet sharply.

For a multivitamin, my fave multi is One A Day Women's - it's affordable and widely available with everything you need in a vitamin (including a perfect amount of iron, zinc, and Vit. D) I'd also suggest you take 2000 mcg folic acid a day.

I've been having people take Evening Primrose Oil from AF-O only and then fish oil all month long.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Elements View Post
    V-8 is great, I would avoid V-8 Splash because they've started adding Splenda to it (this is new, it didn't use to be in there.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast