Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love can folic acid and vit.E shorten one cycle

Hello everyone.
    i was on a ttc break for last few months.i have a regular 30 days cycle for last few months.i have recently visited my doc.and she prescribed me folic acid 5mg(i'm anemic since childhoon) and vit.E 400.I went in for a regular follicle scan@cd 12 and my follicle size was 11mm.i thought it a bit low but Doc said its pretty normal for a 30 day cycle.and told me to start folic acid and vit.e . I started them at cd 12 and got my period on 25th cd.Don't know what is making my cycle so short?any opinions??

I'm starting my sway this cycle and will TTC in october so I am geting a little nervous.
    Last edited by jenny2011; September 13th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No clue, did you ask the dr.? Will they continue to scan you next cycle too so you can track what is going on before you try in Oct.? or is that your next cycle?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Jenny!

To the best of my knowledge neither folic or Vit. E can alter the cycle, but Vit. E has been linked to less PMS and menstrual cramps in one study so ~maybe~ it may affect hormones somehow.

Was your AF normal? Longer than usual? Did the bleeding, when it first began seem to be part of the period or did you get a normal AF when it was due after several days of spotting?

My gut feeling is, that since Vit. E can be a blood thinner, it may have thinned your blood and caused your uterine lining to start bleeding a little early.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n710 View Post
    No clue, did you ask the dr.? Will they continue to scan you next cycle too so you can track what is going on before you try in Oct.? or is that your next cycle?
    i,m not getting scan next month .but i'v started temping to see whether i'm ovuating earlier or my LP is getting short
    ?

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi Jenny!

To the best of my knowledge neither folic or Vit. E can alter the cycle, but Vit. E has been linked to less PMS and menstrual cramps in one study so ~maybe~ it may affect hormones somehow.

Was your AF normal? Longer than usual? Did the bleeding, when it first began seem to be part of the period or did you get a normal AF when it was due after several days of spotting?

My gut feeling is, that since Vit. E can be a blood thinner, it may have thinned your blood and caused your uterine lining to start bleeding a little early.
    thanks atomic.i waz much waiting for your reply.
    i usually spot few hours before getting a full Af .but this time there was no spotting at all.it was full and a bit heavy bleeding than usual.may b i ovulated earlier this time.i didn't temp this month just wanted to relax a bit.i temp quite regularly every month.i'v asked my re.but she thinks its pretty normal .she didn't help me at all.

Hubby iz away home but He promised me he will be home at cd14 as i ovulate mostly on cd 16-17.he has confirmed his air tickets for this month which i was not hoping.i thought he will be here in oct.Now if i'm ovulating early it could mess up our whole plan.i'm also starting clomid(prescribed 100 mg cd2-6) .i wish i could delay my ovulation till cd17.

Any help or opinions would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by jenny2011; September 15th, 2012 at 05:47 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, I bet that's exactly what happened - you ovulated early this month! The folic and Vit. E may have helped move forward your ovulation.

The Clomid will change when you ovulate anyway - it may be sooner, it may be later. I wish I could give you some good advice there but it's largely luck when you will ovulate on Clomid. I would prob. have you take it a little later in your cycle, on days 4-8 or 5-9, this ~may possibly~ delay your O back to CD 16-17 again. It may make you less likely to conceive twins if you were hoping for twins, though.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ