Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

recipes and meal suggestions for TTC Blue

There are a lot of options for blue but I thought it would be helpful if you have any recipes you think are good for blue!

Boy Breakfast (I conceived DS 3 eating this for breakfast every morning) - 1/2 cup of walnuts or almonds, and 3-6 dates. You should ALWAYS eat breakfast when swaying blue.

Oatmeal many ways - phytonutrients in oatmeal help raise testosterone and sway blue, but the fiber may carry away fat soluble vitamins. If you choose to eat oatmeal, be sure to take your vitamins at a different time of day. If you add stir-ins to your oatmeal it makes it edible without adding milk. You can add a lump of butter to any kind of oatmeal and it makes it really really good yes, this is usually not allowed on the boy diet but it does have a lot of good fats in it and adds calories and salt.)

1) For peanut butter cookie oatmeal, mix in 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter into your oatmeal and sweeten to taste. 2) For blueberry oatmeal add 1 cup of frozen blueberries BEFORE cooking and sweeten. 3) Maple-raisin oatmeal - This is extra good with butter. Add 1/2 cup of raisins after cooking and maple syrup to taste. 4) Apple and walnut - Chop an apple (pref. a red apple with dark skin and leave the skin on) and stir it in AFTER cooking, along with a handful of walnuts. Sweeten to taste (pref. with maple syrup!)

Fakamole - Mash one avocado and mix with salsa to taste. Eat with corn chips.

Jojo's Meatballs (boy style) - Mix 2 12 oz. jars of chili sauce with 32 oz. of grape or apricot jam. Melt in a pan and then stir in 1 bag meatballs (about 80 in a bag). Serve over egg noodles! Thank you to Jojogirl for this recipe.

Darlene's Easy Sloppy Joes - Brown ground beef and mix in a can of Campbell's Tomato soup (ratio 1 lb. meat to 1 can of soup, so if you have a big family you may want to make more than 1 batch - for my family of 6 we go through 2 lbs of meat. If you like, you can mix in a package of "Sloppy Joe" seasoning available in the gravy mix section - makes it extra tasty and higher in sodium. (someone just told me this is very similar to a recipe that is in the "other site's" boy cookbook, but I didn't know that! This is actually my MIL's recipe and we have made it for 20 years!) Saute onions in olive oil (add salt) and peppers if you like them, and serve the Sloppy Joe mix on whole grain buns with sauteed onions/peppers and pickles!!

BBQ sandwiches - Buy presliced meat at your deli, whatever is on sale because they ALL taste good this way! Pour 1-2 bottles of BBQ sauce (try to find a very salty one!) into your crock pot, add the meat, and cook on low for 4 hours until it's heated through. Serve on whole grain buns with sauteed onions.

Baked sweet potatoes with peanut butter - This sounds horrible but it's really good as a quick lunch and you avoid butter if you want to. Microwave a sweet potato for 7 or 8 minutes until it's cooked. Scoop out the flesh and put 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter on top, salt to taste. It's great for a quick lunch and you will be surprised how good it is!

World's easiest yams - Peel and chop 4 yams (you can also use sweet potatoes - I like sweet potatoes better but yams are moister) and boil them in water until they're tender. Drain them and put them into a casserole. Top with one cup of brown sugar mixed with a teaspoon of salt. Bake in the oven at 350 for about 45 minutes, until the sugar has totally melted into the yams.

French fries are good for boys but they are hard to make. My grandma makes something called, "American-fried potatoes" that are quicker and easier. Cut up however many potatoes you like into small chunks and fry over medium heat - she uses vegetable oil but for TTC blue, I think olive oil would be better, but you have to watch because olive oil smokes if it gets too hot. I like to put the potatoes in the pan, salt them generously, stir them around so the oil gets everywhere, and then put a lid on it.

French Dips - You will need roast beef, french rolls (it is necessary to have french rolls because they are firm and all other breads will fall apart. Try to find whole grain if you can but if you can't, just use white ones) and au jus mix (this is sold with the packets of gravy.) Make the au jus mix according to the label (our family goes through 2 packets of au jus) and plop the slices of meat into the au jus until they are hot. Scoop them out and put them onto the french rolls, then serve the sandwiches with cups of au jus to dip it into. You can also serve these with sauteed onions.

BLT - Toast whole grain bread and spread thickly with full sodium, full fat mayonnaise. Make a sandwich with LOTS of salty thick cut bacon, LOTS of tomato, and then a little lettuce just for fun. This turns into a turkey bacon club if you add some sliced deli turkey.

Tuna salad - Mix a can of tuna (yes, tuna has a little bit of calcium so be aware of it) with full sodium, full fat mayonnaise or Miracle Whip. You can add chopped pickles, celery, tomatoes, green onion. You can use it as a sandwich filling on whole grain bread, or just eat it straight.

Melts of many kinds - The basic idea of a melt sandwich is meat with sauce and cheese on toasted bread, heated to make the whole thing melty. You may or may not decide to eat cheese now and then, but this is something you can cook for your family and then if you don't want the cheese, leave it off. 1)patty melt - put a hamburger patty on whole grain toast that has been spread generously with thousand island dressing. Top with sauteed onions and cheese if desired. Heat in oven or microwave until the cheese has melted. 2) tuna melt - use the tuna salad above and put it onto whole grain bread. Top with pickle and cheese if desired. Heat in oven or microwave until cheese has melted. 3) Reubens - buy corned beef or pastrami at your local deli and serve it on toasted rye bread that has been spread generously with thousand island or russian dressing. Top with sauerkraut and Swiss cheese if desired and heat until melty. 4) Hawaiian - Use Ham, mayo, pineapple, and swiss and serve on sweet Hawaiian bread. 5) Malibu - Chicken breast, ham, swiss, mayo, and dijon mustard on whole grain bread
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; February 17th, 2011 at 10:58 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pasta - Mix cooked ground beef with a jar of spaghetti sauce and serve with whole wheat noodles. Super simple, super quick!

Meat pie - There are many variations to this, but here is for the one I make most. I simmer my beef (I sometimes do ground and other times diced) in onions, garlic salt and ale. Any kind of beer would be ok though. Then add frozen peas, carrots and a can of vegatable beef barely soup. Then for the potatoes you can use canned or fresh. If you use fresh then you have to cut them up and boil them to soften them first. Line the pie pan with pie crust from the freezer section and top it with the 2nd crust. Slice a couple slits on top. Bake at 350* until the pie looks done.

I snack on avocado too, but I usually sprinkle sea salt on them and scoop it out of the shell with pretzels.

Many of the Hamburger Helpers are boy friendly too because of the beef and high sodium. I always add ingredients to mine such as corn or tomatoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My family loves this sloppy-joe super sub that my husband and I make....which the girls like helping with, too. Brown a pound of ground beef and then cook about a half of a chopped yellow onion. Add a can of Campbell's Cheddar soup and a can of Tomato soup (I go for full sodium). Get a big load of bread, preferably a big Cuban or Italian loaf that has some width to it, and cut out the top like a canoe. Pull out the bread on the inside and add to the beef mixutre. Then transfer the mixture back into the bread, put the top on, wrap in foil and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. This satiates my DH's urge to eat a big "man-wich" and the girls love it, too.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

4. Likes Swaybaby liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dinner : baked potato with a little sour cream , cheese and bacon. ( you can leave the cream and cheese out if you want and put on what u like)
    beans and fish . Fish is breaded ( in flour -egg-breadcrumbs ) and fried in olive oil. Used sea salt on all.
    Hope it's a good boy diet food.

I think it cool if we add pics
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breakfast : egg with sea salt ,canned tuna and some mayo on it. (you can leave mayo out)
    I don't eat fish all the time lol just have the pic

+1

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are awesome boy meals Flava!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG......all those recipes sound awesome!!!! I want a french dip now.

~*~*~Thinking Blue~*~*~

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lola that sandwich sounds delicious!!!

We had potato pasta (gnocchi) tonight with super salty prosciutto and zucchini. I made a little plate of salami, cherry tomatoes, and nuts for the ladies and I to snack on before dinner.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I was also going to add that I sliced and pitted some medjool dates and then stuffed them with roasted, salted almonds for dessert. It was a nice combo of salty,sweet,chewy, crunchy. My 5 year old loved them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg those meals look so tasty!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast