Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=atomic sagebrush;1366 high calcium = more boys .[/QUOTE]

This part really confuses me...We all know Ca is a big no-no on IG and also there is Dutch study ( also can be found on IG) that showed direct connection between Ca blood levels and conception of girls. I was practically living on dairy when I conceived my 2 girls.
    My sister has 1 boy (only child) and we have very similar eating habits, she likes dairy as much as I do and has yoghurt daily and milk in coffee. Only diff is cup of green tea in the morning and she never skipped brekkie, but often has large cup of yoghurt or soured milk with bread etc.
    Maybe one should take excessive amounts of Ca for boy?
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just not convinced about the calcium. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...cium+conundrum

The people who did that Dutch study are selling their swaying methods. I take that study with a very very big grain of salt. First of all it was a pretty tiny sample size. Secondly, you can't take people and tell them "eat this and you will get this result" and then judge the results, that's not scientific, because as we ALL know that diet is harder than !@#!$# to stick to and we have no way of knowing if they even stuck to it (and that is admitted in the study itself). Self-reporting in studies is a huge no-no esp. when the subjects know in advance the "right" answer that the researchers are looking for. The subjects in that experiment knew in advance that they were supposed to be eating this diet, they reported that they were, but it is VERY possible that people fudged what they told the researchers because they knew what the researchers wanted to hear. Also, since these people all wanted girls, we also have no way of knowing if they did other things like douching or other swaying techniques that they did not mention to the researchers.

We also don't really know if the calcium itself had anything to do with it at all, or if it was just a result of them changing their diet dramatically (they also cut out red meat, salt, etc.). Maybe it's not higher calcium, but lower sodium that sways. Maybe they ate less protein or their blood sugar levels were lower. ANY time people change their diet drastically it sends a message to their body that a different gender may have a better shot of survival. For some reason that I do not understand, they also studied timing at the same time, which simply complicates everything further.

The Oxford "You are what your mother eats" study http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.o...1643/1661.full was much better designed, had a much higher sample size, unbiased researchers (who were actually studying an entirely different thing and therefore had no personal interest in the results), and subjects who were not trying to conceive a child of a particular gender and had no motivation to fudge the results of their diet. This study found higher calcium intake in women who had sons. Also higher sodium. Higher sodium = boys is one area where these studies coincide and therefore I give that much more weight than the calcium.

I have seen too many opposites both on IG and IRL, women who eat tons of calcium (and in fact were swaying pink) conceiving boys and then women who eat nothing but salad and iced tea having girls, and everything in between. I'm not saying that the French Diet is wrong and we should get rid of it, I just do not want anyone to rely solely on cutting out calcium to sway blue because I do not think it is 100% reliable as a swaying technique.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Coccinelle33
    im not even sure what the heck i believe anymore.... im just not salting anything and trying to eat low fat and more dairy. im so lost.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i can believe more salt can results in having boys but no calcium no boy , i cant believe it.................. i never had too much Ca in my whole life and having 2 girls, no dairy..... my frd just had 2nd girl and she never had milky product in her whole life, can u imagine?? but she also had not have much salt.
    2007 2009 and TTC in 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the vitamin D, the protein, and the nutrients what makes dairy sway boy? That is what I am starting to think. Those who had lots of "dairy" may have in fact had lots of testosterone-raising vitamin D, lots of protein, and other nutrients from full fat dairy products, and maybe the reverse is true. So, it's not the CALCIUM in the dairy, its the other stuff that sways one way or another. Have fat free and artificial sugar dairy and that sways pink, full fat sways blue......am I on the right track here, Atomic?
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

6. Likes DesiG, Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofmylife View Post
    i can believe more salt can results in having boys but no calcium no boy , i cant believe it.................. i never had too much Ca in my whole life and having 2 girls, no dairy..... my frd just had 2nd girl and she never had milky product in her whole life, can u imagine?? but she also had not have much salt.
    Sounds to me like you were like me and TTC5.....we barely ate anything. I think 3pinkneedblue had a pretty scarce diet as well, and we all have girls galore. It's not so much the dairy in your diet, it's your diet in and of itself, that you don't eat much....your body thinks it's famine time so makes girls. Don't know about your friend's diet, but the salt seems to be a real factor pointing to boys....and people that eat salty and salt stuff tend to not be the giant dieters, know what I mean? That may be a gross generalization, and not saying they are/were fat or anything, just that I watch my salt big time when I was in my eating scarce/dieting time.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

8. Likes adi liked this post
    Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We dtd through o for both our boys, every day for ds1 and every other day for ds2. I'm generally a naturally healthy eater, I never miss breakfast and am never really hungry! I don't eat much salt but do add a little bit when cooking. I eat a lot of tomatoes and potatoes. I don't drink milk at all, I really only drink water, juice in the evening and red wine!! I was at my thinnest when conceiving both boys and was quite fit. Don't know if any of that helps, good luck to all!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    Is the vitamin D, the protein, and the nutrients what makes dairy sway boy? That is what I am starting to think. Those who had lots of "dairy" may have in fact had lots of testosterone-raising vitamin D, lots of protein, and other nutrients from full fat dairy products, and maybe the reverse is true. So, it's not the CALCIUM in the dairy, its the other stuff that sways one way or another. Have fat free and artificial sugar dairy and that sways pink, full fat sways blue......am I on the right track here, Atomic?
    EXACTLY. I also think that it may have nothing to do with calcium at all and may be the sodium. The French diet was never tested one aspect at a time, they women who wanted girls the high cal-mag low salt diet, and women who wanted boys the low cal-mag and high sodium/potassium foods. No control group. The diets themselves may have been what swayed and the minerals have nothing to do with it. The Dutch study did the exact same thing only even more convoluted because they threw timing in there too.

Honestly, I'm not trying to deter anyone from using minerals as a PART of their sway but I just want as many people as possible to get their baby and figure out the best and most reliable way of doing that.

If you guys knew how little and unscientifically these things had been tested...
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The meaning of the Dutch study, as far as I understood it, was to test the minerals and timing theories, basically, because both are quite heavily debated but not thoroughly researched. However, instead of the previous studies where women just reported the diet, they only counted women as "girl swayers" if they managed to change their blood levels of calcium and sodium above and below certain levels (they transferred both blood values into a formulae for where the right levels gave girls). So I suppose their intent was to remove the bias that comes from reporting a diet. Also, the timing was cervix check, OPK and charting with BBT, instead of just one of these.

You can always argue against studies of course. For instance, you could argue that women who have naturally more testosterone eat more food and more nutrients, as some sort of biological reflex, and have more boys regardless. You can argue that when you change something in a biological system, you will therefore change something else, and therefore there are too many hidden factors to draw any conclusions about anything.
    2005, swayed for boy, arrived 25/11/2011

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    I think 3pinkneedblue had a pretty scarce diet as well
    Very scarce, no more then 300 cals at a single sitting max of 1800 cals per day while burning 600-800 cals per day with excercise. I was ALWAYS hungry.
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!
    12/2003 @ 7 1/2 wks & 10/2010 @ 13 wks

Finally our family is complete!

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast