Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl moms Q

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong with my diet when I had my girls. I have endometriosis so I followed the endo. diet to try to keep my symptoms away. On this diet I avoided wheat, red meat, dairy, sugar, soy, coffee/tea. I always had breakfast though, and ate two organic eggs a day (even though you're not supposed to have eggs on the endo. diet). I ate lots of fruit & veggies, gluten-free grains (rice, quinoa, etc.), beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, occasionally organic chicken, plain yoghurt, corn chips for a snack. Sea salt was allowed but I generally didn't eat much salty foods. I guess it was low in fat and testosterone. I always found that I lost weight eating this way, and it helped me shed those postpartum pounds. I also took coconut oil and EPO to help with pain and fertility. Maybe dairy does help to sway blue; I wasn't having much except for plain yogurt.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    pfb, to me that is a pretty girl friendly diet. Just as you say, low in fat, lower in complete proteins (beans and legumes are good for protein but are not complete in the way animal proteins are), lower in nutrients overall. I do think that's still a good diet for TTC a boy, just try upping the heal;thy fats as much as you can, gain some muscle rather than losing weight, and be sure to eat BOTH protein and carbs at every meal.

That having been said, you can do everything "right" and still conceive an opposite. It's because it's not what you do that sways, it's how your body reacts to what you do, so if your body is still doing the "girl stuff" even if you eat the most boy-friendly diet you can get your hands on, you will still be more likely to conceive a girl.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic for the helpful info. I'm learning so much; still trying to sort everything out.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It takes some sorting I know so please let me know if you have any q's!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is by far the most eye opening thread I have read in all the years I've been reading threads on diet. I could copy and paste some of these entries.

Overall it seems to be the theme - Eat food, not too much, eh..
    Michael Pollen would be mad at me.

Breakfast - what's that? Coffee in a container with stevia and cream. IF I did eat, it was always the classic bacon and eggs and then I could get so busy that I would totally not eat anything for a half assed lunch by 2-3 pm.

Lunch - Slice of pizza or a grilled cheese sandwich. Maybe a salad or a sandwich (I love sandwiches).

Dinner - This is where it gets weird. Some days I'd have steak with red wine and fries. Other days I'd crack open a can of chicken soup. The consistency in this 'diet' is that there was no consistency. I could eat one big meal per day and then snack all day long on random things like crackers, chocolates, cookies, cereal with milk and oh yes, copious amounts of cheese. I have never been a 3 meal eater + snacks a day.

I almost never regularily ate meat, chicken, proteins, veggies, fruits (except apples). I could live on pizza every day. To this day if I need to eat healthy and a balanced diet, and be constant with my meals, it's an epic effort.

I am a huge red winer drinker and conceived both times with alcohol in my system (first was a vodka and soda and lime - I KNOW!!! - and the next was red wine). I also do not work out. At all. I walked a lot living downtown at the time but that again is cardio.

Sigh.

For DD2 I really tried to change it a LOT. But even looking back, I could have done so much better.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you envisioned, very helpful!!! I find your diet to be quite consistent with a girl-friendly one - the skipping meals thing really seems to be something fairly consistent for moms of pink (with exceptions on both sides, of course).

People have the misconception that to conceive a girl, you have to eat a very limited diet but I do not believe that to be the case. Most women out there have conceived at least one girl or more, without trying or giving it any thought whatsoever - I think that's why some people don't buy into swaying, because they think, well I didn't drink a gallon of milk and eat cranberries all day long and I have girls! It's your overall diet and eating patterns that matter, and not any one or two or 10 magic foods.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People have the misconception that to conceive a girl, you have to eat a very limited diet but I do not believe that to be the case. Most women out there have conceived at least one girl or more, without trying or giving it any thought whatsoever
    I agree, my diet is not limited at all. I eat alot but I usually skip breakfast I'm just too busy I'll have breakfast about 2hrs after waking up but sometimes it will be 4-5hours.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy*duke View Post
    What are some typical things you would eat though out your day for dinner, snack, or lunch?
    Looking back I can see how my eating habits were SO girly! I was probably overdosing on calcium because I drank tons of milk, ate yogurt every day and I had an addiction to ice cream! Also, I drank a lot of diet soda and crystal light. The moment I read up on ttc a boy I knew why I had gotten 2 daughters in a row like I did! Plus I was still nursing when I conceived both of them and had just gotten off of the mini-pill with both of them.
    '05 '06 '06 '08 '10 '11 '12 '13

Super shocking surprise BFP without ttc! EDD Jan 7, 2015 with a !

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know you guys are prob sick of hearing me say it but I ate/drank tons of dairy foods with all four of my boys.

Getting off the minipill does sway pink possibly from hormones but also because BCP cause damage to the cervical crypts so they produce less EWCM.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always ate breakfast...Weet-Bix, milk & sugar or toast & vegemite.
    Would sometimes skip lunch but would snack on crackers, biscuits etc. If I had lunch it was a white bread sandwich of some variety.
    Dinner was pasta or rice with chicken or very small amount of lean red meat, mashed potato & vegies.
    Snacks were nearly always sweet...wasn't big on savoury.
    I was by no means skinny. Prob 5-10 kgs above ideal weight, although my work was quite physical and I tried to stay active after pregnancies. I ate waaaaayyyy too many carbs (too much wheat & sugar which I am now quite intolerant to since second pregnancy...think I overloaded), too many sweet things, not enough red meat, not much in the way of fat. Not enough vegies. My diet wasnt limited but I was not getting anwhere near enough nutrients from my carb-laden diet...not balancing it up with enough protein or vegies.
    Before I fell pregnant this time, my diet had changed a lot...wasn't following the boy diet for long but now that I think about it my diet has changed considerably over the period since having DD#2 so is probably much more favouring boy before I started TTC this time anyway.

11. Dislikes Kitty0911 disliked this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast