Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    This hadn't occurred to me until I saw the snippet in Atomic's article on TBM:

"The longer people go on without getting a BFP, the more likely it is that they will give up on things that have A LOT of science backing them up, primarily diet factors. And even if you are very very dedicated to diet and do it 100%, the longer you remain on a diet, the less "shocking" it is to your body and your natural body chemistry may start to overcome the effects of the diet."

SO. If I am planning on TTC in October, is it too early to be doing the diet now? I haven't been doing all the stuff, just adding nuts and more meat and tomatoes and salt, decreasing dairy, and drinking a ton of lemon water and green tea.

Should I wait???
    That is WAY more for those trying to sway pink than for blue swayers. I do not think it is too early for you to start now at all and I think it's actually great that you are doing what you're doing. Testosterone takes its own sweet time to rise so the sooner, the better.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    TW is Trivers Willard, which is the approach Atomic promotes where you eat a wide variety of nutrients, lots of protein, aim for building muscle ... all about being in the "best" physical condition you can be.

Gizmo that is exactly what I thought too! That letting your body be accustomed to the diet for several months pre TTC would be an advantage. My thought was that by diet/supps for 6 months my body would genuinely become more "boy friendly" rather than just "tricking" it by doing things for 6 weeks. But it sounds like maybe not?!?! Maybe tricking it is what we are supposed to do, rather than truly aim to change it?

Personally I did plan on waiting until 3 months prior to start any of the stuff like ASG/baking soda drinks/mucinex that I consider to be more for those actively TTC.
    Again, that advice is much more for the pink swayers who really need their bodies to think times are hard - it's much easier for their bodies to get used to less calories and adjust.

For blue, I think slow and steady is the way to go and I'm sorry for any confusion.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I think as long as you don't go crazy with supps that it is okay especially with the boy diet. You don't want to stay on a high sodium diet for too long. If you up your sodium the last 3 months to the high levels, I think it would be just fine to implement the rest now!
    EXACTLY! It is more the supps and sodium that you need to watch out for. The boy diet isn't that great for you in terms of sodium so you wouldn't want to start it very far in advance (same with fat and calories as well), but more lean protein and more fruits and vegetables can be started whenever you want.

My advice is to start early BUT make sure you are lifting weights, so any additional nutrition will go into your muscles and not around your waistline!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    EXACTLY! It is more the supps and sodium that you need to watch out for. The boy diet isn't that great for you in terms of sodium so you wouldn't want to start it very far in advance (same with fat and calories as well), but more lean protein and more fruits and vegetables can be started whenever you want.

My advice is to start early BUT make sure you are lifting weights, so any additional nutrition will go into your muscles and not around your waistline!!
    I am trying to motivate to lift weights, or do some kind of exercise. I am not a big fan of exercise... but I am going to get HUGE on this diet if I don't!!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me I did the TW-style diet for many months before my boy sway (trying to get my cycles normalized) and started the boys supps closer to our sway for our 2yo (successful boy sway). With this surprise girl I am pg with now I had just stopped the "boy diet" a couple months earlier and we got a girl (also had around a 4-5 day cutoff... I still can't believe I got pg lol).

I will start (or rather, continue, I'm eating it now in pregnancy) the boy diet once this baby is born and keep it up, even though we're thinking not to conceive the next baby until late 2012/early 2013. I will start supps once my cycles start back again from breastfeeding. I will start doing some body-weight based exercise after I get the OK at my 6 week postpartum visit, though.

That's just my plan!
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    I am trying to motivate to lift weights, or do some kind of exercise. I am not a big fan of exercise... but I am going to get HUGE on this diet if I don't!!
    I know! The exercise is really a critical component if only for your own health so you can gain muscle rather than fat! It's SO good for women to have some muscle mass just for your bone health because muscle helps fight osteoporosis.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I Have this old Gunnar Peterson dvd 20min. workout. Mostly working with dumbbells and some sit ups on the ball. (I don't do the jump around with the ball ) so I do this like 4-5 times /week. Started wit 2 3lbs dumbbells and now I have 5lbs. Hope I can go up to 8 or 10.
    Also have this jelly belly so sit ups are good for me.LOL
    +1

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    I Have this old Gunnar Peterson dvd 20min. workout. Mostly working with dumbbells and some sit ups on the ball. (I don't do the jump around with the ball ) so I do this like 4-5 times /week. Started wit 2 3lbs dumbbells and now I have 5lbs. Hope I can go up to 8 or 10.
    Also have this jelly belly so sit ups are good for me.LOL
    You can also do some squats and pushups too and they only take a couple extra minutes. Your thigh and butt muscles are the biggest in the body (don't I know it SIGH) so working them even just a bit can really up your testosterone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12