Thread: using OPKs...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

using OPKs...

So as we approach ovulation, some of us are checking with opks a few times a day. Once you get the darker control line that means that ovulation is 24 to 36 hours away correct? so on our test cycles, if we keep testing until it goes negative, what does that tell us? what i mean is. how long after we ovulate do we get a negative result approximately?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think a darker lines means ovulation may happen 12 - 36 hrs after? A good way to tell would be to check cervical position and watch your cm.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes i guess we need to check everything !

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would check your cm and if it is ewcm I would consider BD'ing shortly after getting the +OPK (darker than the control) - I think it's generally recommended to BD shortly after getting the +OPK so you don't take the chance of moving into O+12.

I found the best way to plan timing was to chart for a few months and see what the body does - do you usually get the +OPK the day before O, how many days of EWCM do you have before your temp shift, etc.
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have never had luck with them. I didn't really try though. I used to have like 4 days of ewcm and now its more like one. Over the summer i will start temping, charting etc. after af returns. i'm hoping it will all come together.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skrimpy View Post
    I would check your cm and if it is ewcm I would consider BD'ing shortly after getting the +OPK (darker than the control) - I think it's generally recommended to BD shortly after getting the +OPK so you don't take the chance of moving into O+12.
    Yes, ITA with Skrimpy, the advice is to BD night of +OPK. That way you'll probably be a bit earlier then O, which sways
    Also, that way you'll avoid entering the girl territory O+12.

BBT is of course the most reliable
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds good! i was just weary of doing it too soon. i will temp for sure its just hard because i have 2 toddlers and a baby on the way so my sleep is def not good! i'm sure it helps to try though!