Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dh and antidepressants

Another blow to my sway...dh's dr put him on Lexapro this week to help him cope with stress/anxiety. He is trying to wean off of dip (smokeless tobacco), which he uses to help maintain/deal with stress. I don't forsee him coming off of antidepressants anytime soon. I have stopped harping on him to quit dipping because it was only making matters worse and we were fighting daily about it. He IS taking a multivitamin and a b-complex vitamin as well though. The only literature I have read is that antidepressants damage sperm or sway girl, so this is NOT great news. I feel defeated at this point because his and my sanity basically requires him to be on that medication or dip because without it he is a mess and very hard to be around. He is going to counseling too but they have suggested he be on meds and do couseling for the best outcome. I am doing my part of the sway, but I feel at this point it may not be enough, and I am not sure what to do as baby#3 will be our last and I would like a son. Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, or anyone have a dh that was on antidepressants when you concieved a boy? Thanks
    2010 2011

one day &

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can TOTALLY relate! Dh takes anti-depressants and has for almost 2 years now! He's very healthy otherwise and has no eating bad habits that I worry about. Drinks coffee everyday but I think that's minor.

If you have to pick the lesser of two evils, I would take the anti-depressants over the tobacco.

I had DH take Fertility Blend for men for a long time but since we have been swaying for 8 months I stopped paying for the stuff (its pricey) and just put him on several vitamins that I was taking also. Vitamin B, Vit D, Folic acid, multi-vitamin, etc. I am in the 2ww so I can't say if I am even prego or conceived a boy.

I would think that in your situation I would want to give it some time to get the tobacco out of his system. It takes 3 months for sperm to mature so I wouldn't even begin to sway until DH has been 4 or 5 months tobacco free and he has been taking supplements to perk up his sperm for at least 3 months.

That's just my 2 cents! Don't think all is lost, you have to work with what you have. I am glad your DH is giving up tobacco, even if he has to take anti-depressants, its a lot less damaging than tobacco!

HTH!!!

My Gender Dreaming

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do herbal antidepressents sway? I know people have good results taking St Johns Wort, and that some studies have shown it to be as effective as Rx. Anyone know?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Plantain View Post
    Do herbal antidepressents sway? I know people have good results taking St Johns Wort, and that some studies have shown it to be as effective as Rx. Anyone know?
    I took St. John's Wort several years ago for sometime when I was dealing with serious depression. It worked great for depression but made me gain weight. I have a very "girl friendly" body type and gain weight easily so it may work great for a guy!!!

My Gender Dreaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DH has been on meds for about 15 + years and we still have 3 boys! I wouldn't worry too much and keep doing all the boy sway things you are doing.
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your responses. More than likely after this month, we will be putting ttc on hold for a while. While dh and I want one more child, ttc these last 6 cycles has been very stressful, and he is going to be switching careers within the next few weeks as well. So we plan to hold off on ttc another child for a little while, if June is a bust as well. I am supposed to ovulate next week, so hopefully June will be our month, because I don't want to give up so easily and basically have the past months that I have been on HE diet be a waste. Everything happens for a reason, so who knows where life will lead us. Thanks again everyone!
    2010 2011

one day &

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel for you and all the stress! Stress sucks. Hope June IS your month!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Plantain View Post
    I believe the St. john's wort sways pink and have put it in a couple of sway plans for TTC a girl. The people both opted not to take it so I don't have any other data on that, just that biologically it looks "pink" to me.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you need to go with what is best for your family and if you guys need the antidepressants for him, then you have to do that. Try not to worry or feel defeated about it, it's just a bump in the road.

The months on the HE Diet were not a waste, your body was storing up nutrients the whole time that it can use in future months.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ