Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bsd/cot drink

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

bsd/cot drink

So I did my first bsd/cot drink tonight (1 tsp cot, 1/2 tsp bs, 4 oz. of water) and um, wow. HOW do you ladies drink that? It was AWFUL. I really thought I was going to be sick. There was only 4 oz. and I didn't even make it all the way through. DH tried it though and he actually kind of liked it. Weirdo.

So do I just have no chance without this drink? I think I can force down a couple of ounces a day but that's probably about it. I ordered some ASG but it isn't here yet and DH said it will probably taste the same.

I am anticipating O'ing probably in about 10-11 days so I'm going to try my best to get some down....just wondering if there was no chance without it.

Also, since DH likes it, will it help for him to drink it? He hasn't been doing much in the swaying department other than taking some supplements and eating a few boy friendly foods, definitely not the whole diet.
    Tiffany

DH June 2005
    DD Oct 2008
    DS May 2012
    Thank you gender dreaming!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it will help DH, so have him go for it ... it'll raise his pH and potassium levels.

ASG tastes WAY, WAY, WAY better! It is *almost* enjoyable! You will be amazed :-)

I didn't do the COT as I get plenty thru diet, but BSD I found easier if I did 1/2 tsp at a time, a big splash of lemon juice, and the 4 oz water. I really did throw up the 1st time I tried it w/o any lemon in there, but with the juice (I've also mixed it into 1/2 water, 1/2 apple juice) I find it tolerable. I just eat something straight after to get the taste out of my mouth.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks begonia! So do you think it would be okay to put the bs in with my lemon juice/green tea?
    Tiffany

DH June 2005
    DD Oct 2008
    DS May 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah! I just tried it with apple juice and what a difference!!! I guess that is still okay to do?

THANKS!
    Tiffany

DH June 2005
    DD Oct 2008
    DS May 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you tried urals? Very similiar but have heard taste better?
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have to order Ural from Australia I guess? Maybe if I don't get pregnant this cycle I'll do that.
    Tiffany

DH June 2005
    DD Oct 2008
    DS May 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    question...why is it suggested to put BS in a COT drink...cant you just drink the COT with water? as i understand COT is a potassium drink.
    and then just do BSD (alkaline drink) separate.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    question...why is it suggested to put BS in a COT drink...cant you just drink the COT with water? as i understand COT is a potassium drink.
    and then just do BSD (alkaline drink) separate.
    I guess just so you get over it and don't have to drink 2 drinks...?
    I hate BS drinks to how can your DH like it ?lol Have to drink it very fast and drink juice right after it. omg I don't want to start bsd...
    +1

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad I could help, Daisyfay! When you get the ASG you'll see what I'm saying ... I almost enjoy it :-) But yes, it is totally fine to do BSD in your lemon water/green tea drink too.

Flava is right, Gizmo ... they can be combined just so you don't have to do 2x the drinks. It doesn't help with effectiveness or anything. Purely for convenience.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    got it thx guys. yeah i have to drink that bsd FAST, over the sink, in case some dribbles out, which i allowed! (at least on the test run!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast