Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short LP

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    B6 shortened my LP the one month I tried so I stopped it immediately. The more I read the more I heard it gave the opposite effect to a lot of people. The one thing that actually worked for me was Lunaception (if you search on here you can read about it and what I did) My LP went from 7-8 days to a BFP the month I tried lunaception. That month I was supposed to see a fertility doctor as nothing was working to lengthen it and I wasn't getting pregnant. We're team green so no idea what the gender is until december!

With both my sons I had a super regular cycle of 28 days and O on day 14. For months I wasn't Ovulation until CD22 and my cycle length would still stay at 28 days. Lunaception helped bring O earlier and made LP longer (and trust me - I am the LAST person to ever believe in this type of stuff!
    Last edited by black&gold; August 13th, 2013 at 04:19 PM.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's really interesting. How would it help make mine longer, though? My cycle is 26 days. I ovulate pretty regularly on day 15, give or take a day. My LP have been 9-10 days, with the shortest 7 (last month when I didn't ovulate until day 19).

Would I want to trigger ovulation even earlier? Or try to delay it longer? I definitely see how it could change ovulation, just don't know how it can work for LP...and not finding the information in my search results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitmama85 View Post
    That's really interesting. How would it help make mine longer, though? My cycle is 26 days. I ovulate pretty regularly on day 15, give or take a day. My LP have been 9-10 days, with the shortest 7 (last month when I didn't ovulate until day 19).

Would I want to trigger ovulation even earlier? Or try to delay it longer? I definitely see how it could change ovulation, just don't know how it can work for LP...and not finding the information in my search results.
    I think she posted what she did, I will try and look for it somewhere

2007 2008 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

2007 2008 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dloui128 View Post
    Thanks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey sorry, just saw this now. I don't know much about lunaception and all it's uses, I just knew for me I was ovulating late but my cycle length was staying the same so I wanted to try moving O back to my old CD14. If your ovulating right on schedule then I don't know if you'd want to try bringing O earlier because your body is doing it right around the proper time anyways. One thing you could try if you end up trying out lunaception is that once your done with the night light phase leave the room pitch black until you get AF. I know there are studies that show sleeping in darkness can prevent an early miscarriage so maybe it could possibly help hold off AF if you were to conceive long enough for implantation.

Again, I had a bit of a different situation with late O but from things I read I know people do fix LP with it even if O isn't delayed so hopefully Atomic or someone who knows more could give you some advice!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a short LP as well, usually 9 days, but it doesn't prevent me from getting pregnant. So there is hope. I have heard great things about the B6/B50 complex for lengthening LP as well.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know if progesterone sways girl? It's something you do after ovulation, so I can't imagine it would, but a lot of people have been suggesting it to me. I know I would have to keep it up for the 1st trimester, so it's not something I really want to do, but maybe if it doesn't happen this month?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow not sure how I missed this, I"m so sorry.

THe B6 can help but it takes a little while to get rolling.

I think you should try dropping EPO/flax and sticking with the B6 and see if it gets better.

Dropping a feed at night can help too but I was never able to do that!

Re the Lunaception, turning on a light for 3 days at ovulation can help extend LP. We don't really know why, but it has seemed to work for some people on here and in a pretty decent study.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; August 23rd, 2013 at 05:33 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitmama85 View Post
    Does anyone know if progesterone sways girl? It's something you do after ovulation, so I can't imagine it would, but a lot of people have been suggesting it to me. I know I would have to keep it up for the 1st trimester, so it's not something I really want to do, but maybe if it doesn't happen this month?
    No it doesn't (there are some who will say differently but I have seen absolutely no evidence of it and boys and girls conceived while using it)

But the problem is that it may not even help sustain a pregnancy anyway (altho it may help with lenghtening an LP to allow the baby enough time to stick.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12