Thread: Oat Milk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oat Milk

I came across it yesterday in my Health Food Store, so I immediately googled it
    Here is some info http://thehealthbenefitsof.org/the-h...s-of-oat-milk/

It has a mild taste with hint of sweetness ( haven't tasted yet!), zero fat and lactose free. I guess it raises testosterone like oat?

Do you think this might be better for morning cereals then full fat yogurt I'm using?

1 cup of yogurt ( 8oz ~ 2dl = 200ml) contains 573 mg of Potassium and 450 mg of Calcium

100 gram (~ 100ml or ~1/2 cup) of Oat milk contains 350 mg of Potassium and 52 mg of Calcium and 148 mg of Magnesium ( http://www.soymilkquick.com/oatmilk.php )

There are also calcium fortified Oat milks which we don't need Oat milk has 36% RDA of Calcium while cow milk has 28% RDA so it's richer in calcium then plain milk.

Maybe to use it in my coffee instead of soy-milk I'm using now? ( I can't get rid of T's sentence: Soy Isoflavones is one of the reasons I got my boy although I totally understand infos about soy are conflicted regarding swaying
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use Oat Milk - it is great stuff

No way near as tasty as soy, though!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it is good for TTC boy because of the avenocasides that help raise testosterone.

I bought some just the other day and it tastes good to me when it is cold but I got busy one day and let it sit for a few minutes before drinking it and it was not so tasty. I agree with TTC5, soy milk is much tastier and I think rice milk is tastier as well.

Honestly, it is a toss up which is better, yogurt or oats. I suspect that the yogurt is prob. better for cereal than oatmilk because it's higher fat and protein. If there is any way to include BOTH in your diet, that's the best option.

There isn't enough soy isoflavones in the amount of soy milk you put into coffee to sway in any direction (probably!) so if it makes you feel more secure to have that milk in your coffee, carry on!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby