Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

A question for all the girl mom's who have had an HSG done prior to conceiving

Sorry ladies to interrupt with a question. I'm a mom of a 2 1/2 year old boy. I've come over from the TTC a girl section. I'm going on my 5th month of TTC a girl and am scheduled to have an HSG test done next Friday. I am 39 (almost 40 in a few months) and obviously, I am not getting preggo which I completely understand as we age, our fertility dwindles. However, when I was trying to conceive my son 3 years ago, it took me a year to get preggo for other reasons (hormonal imbalance on my part) but I had an HSG done a month prior to conceiving (once my hormone levels were corrected). I want to go through with the HSG but am scared as heck that it will cause me to conceive another little man. And as much as I love my little boy, and this will be my last pregnancy, I'd love to add some pink into my house b/c I also have 5 nephews and no little girls on either side of our families (hubby's or mine). So I'm just hoping to hear that some of you mom's who have girls have had HSG's done and gotten your DD's after it. Like I said, I apologize for interrupting or intruding.

The only thing I can tell you how I got a boy is that I ate a half of a waffle every morning with a cup of fresh OJ every day and didn't exercise (maybe walked the dog up a few hills for 20 min in each morning and night), and ate out all the time. I lived on cheeseburgers and French fries and also buffalo chicken pizza and love baked goods, ice cream and ate throughout the entire day...would eat breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner and another snack before bed. I had no kids and hated cooking so we ate out at restaurants very often. I look back now and my diet was a true boy sway. Oh, and my weight was def not my lowest. I was actually fluctuating within 3 pounds or so and conceived at the higher end of the weight. I was about a size 6 going on an 8. Oh, and I was taking prenatals for a year b/c I was trying to conceive for a long time. Hoping my blue dust rubs off on you ladies. Good luck!
    2011 - Matthew (who is the light of my life) in 2013 for delivery some time in 2014

Came to this website in September 2013 hoping to sway for a girl as we have none on either side of our families (6 boys total). Diagnosed in January 2014 elevated FSH level and extremely low AFC count. Praying and hoping God blesses me with one more healthy child whether it be another boy or a girl. Praying my RE can help me to achieve my dream of giving my son a sibling some time soon.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The HSG is going to clear your tubes. That's it. It's going to enable the egg to meet the speem. There's no swaying involved with that IMO.

The condition of your body will determine gender. If you can't get pregnant, you can't have a girl. I wouldn't fear the HSG, I would more welcome it as a chance to increase your conception chances!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply nuthinbutpink. I guess it's just a psychological thing for me thinking maybe making tubes wide open that it would sway boy. I searched google and it seems the majority of hsg performed and ladies it worked for conceived boys. Guess after already being i went through this 3 years ago, is making me feel this way as well. I'm def hoping the hsg works and can only hope that my husbands sperm count being on the lower end of normal able to help as well this time with getting a DD. I've been following le diet since August and I'm now plateauing and I can't deny I was really bad with baked goods during the holidays and am having a difficult time getting back on track. My DH brings home sweets that contain saturated fat all the time and its difficult for me to pass them up. Still staying around 1500 to 1800 calories but fat intake is a little higher. Guess all of this combined with an hsg just has me really nervous and worried.

Anyway thanks for the reply bc it def made me more confident in getting hsg. Just pray my luck turns around again like last time so I can get preggo soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    The HSG is going to clear your tubes. That's it. It's going to enable the egg to meet the speem. There's no swaying involved with that IMO.

The condition of your body will determine gender. If you can't get pregnant, you can't have a girl. I wouldn't fear the HSG, I would more welcome it as a chance to increase your conception chances!
    2011 - Matthew (who is the light of my life) in 2013 for delivery some time in 2014

Came to this website in September 2013 hoping to sway for a girl as we have none on either side of our families (6 boys total). Diagnosed in January 2014 elevated FSH level and extremely low AFC count. Praying and hoping God blesses me with one more healthy child whether it be another boy or a girl. Praying my RE can help me to achieve my dream of giving my son a sibling some time soon.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If a person was having trouble getting pregnant, the odds are VERY high they are doing a lot of stuff to boost their overall fertility anyway. Diet, supps, etc.

Any connection with the HSG is just coincidence.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ