Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Breastfeeding and boy?

Can someone point me to the information on breastfeeding and how it sways girl? I can't seem to find it. If I can convince my husband, I want to start trying 6-9 months after I have my daughter (due in June). I will hopefully still be nursing until at least 12 months.

I read a little bit that says our bodies are still recovering from pregnancy/birth and that lowers fertitliy. I am planning on running a half marathon in Septemeber and then continuing with alternating light running (30 minutes) and weight lifting 5 days a week. Would that help my body get back and into "high fertility?"

I experienced secondary infertility with this pregnancy after conceiving twice within 2-3 months (one ended in miscarriage) so I am worried about it taking a long time again. I'm not sure I could keep up with the demands (and probable weight gain) for 9 months or more! Okay sorry this is long, just trying to get my head around everything and I'm obviously such a control freak, I'm planning my sway a year in advance haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    have you BF before? some women don't get AFs back until they stop completely/cut down a lot
    I conceived a boy whilst swaying pink and breastfeeding, so it's possible!

It's thought to sway pink in several ways - it's giving your own nutrients out into the milk (you could take multivitamins to counteract this probably) meaning you might be in lower physical condition, lowers blood glucose during and immediately after a feed, and it tells your body you already have a dependent so that a girl might be a "safer bet".

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay that makes sense. I did breastfeed once and af came back at 6 months. Do you think lifting weights and eating the HE diet would also counteract the breastfeeding?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have an essay on this specifically - I do need one tho.

For best shot at a boy, I'd have you wait till 12 month mark if at all possible, nursing or no. I think if you start TTC too soon, not only are you less likely to get a boy, you're also less likely to get pg again. Then that really does set up the scenario you are worried about wher eyou're stuck on diet for an eternity getting BFN after BFN and gaining too much.

It's my personal goal to have all blue swayers pg within 3 months and that's what our whole program is about - upping fertility. We're going to boost your fertility safely and hopefully that will overcome any issues of secondary infertility, so my hope is that this conversation will be moot anyway.

Being a control freak is good for a boy LOL! Carry on!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I'm reading this again after taking a break from the site (I'm trying to just enjoy my girl pregnancy and wait until she's born to consider swaying) but I've been curious about new info. Anyways, I just saw that you said to wait a year ttc after birth. I'm due July 1 and was thinking of trying agin in March. Is that too soon? My dh really really REALLY wants a boy so I want to be as perfect as possible. Thanks!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quinn, just speaking from what I have experienced... Both of my boys were conceived when I was doing a moderate amount of running (3 miles a day 5 days a week) and some weight training (3-4 times a week). I was eating a very good diet full of protein, fruits, and veggies. I also had a job where I was a Manager/Director and it was a lot of stress and I had to be a control freak or people could get harmed. When I got PG with my girl I had quit my job for a couple of years, wasn't working out anymore, wasn't eating that great, and was drinking a couple glasses of wine several nights a week. So my life was completely different.

Having a boy (for me) was all about health, stress, and EWCM. With my girl I wasn't as healthy, wasn't nearly as stressed, and had at O+12 so not much if any EWCM.

Your best chances for having a boy are after you are done BF, your period has returned to normal, and you feel really good. Doing a half marathon could push you into girl territory. If you are having another baby and really want a boy I would wait a year and take all the recommended supplements. July is when I conceived both of my boys. Lots of sun and vitamin D!! March is also a time when you are most likely going to be depleted of vitamin D. EWCM is also a key. Good luck and I hope you get your boy when you are ready!!

Also, make sure DH isn't doing anything to decrease his fertility. No marathons, no lots of biking, no smoking, no hot tubs, or overall bad health. The higher his sperm count the better chances of a boy.
    Last edited by WantingPink; March 31st, 2014 at 10:10 PM.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did - I conceived when DD3 was 10 months and still bfing quite a lot but I'm convinced that DH changing his *ahem* habits was the most important thing for us. The HE diet was pretty much how I usually eat with the exception of potatoes, I always eat breakfast and I've always been fit. On paper, I should have had boys! After 3 gorgeous girls I managed to convince DH to stop "self - releasing" every single day AS WELL as TTCing bding which reduced his frequency from 2-3 times/day to every second day. Without being too gross there was definitely a volume increase!
    Mummy to three gorgeous girls :
    DD1 7
    DD2 6
    DD3 2
    DS born sep 13

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Such a good point Mum23girls!! When we conceived the boys DH released every couple of days. With my DD it had been about a week and he had a three hour drive home that day so I think that was a contributing factor as well!!
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn31 View Post
    So I'm reading this again after taking a break from the site (I'm trying to just enjoy my girl pregnancy and wait until she's born to consider swaying) but I've been curious about new info. Anyways, I just saw that you said to wait a year ttc after birth. I'm due July 1 and was thinking of trying agin in March. Is that too soon? My dh really really REALLY wants a boy so I want to be as perfect as possible. Thanks!!
    I think in ideal circumstances it's best to wait if you want a boy. But I got a boy with a close spacing. None of this is a guarantee or magic bullet so above all else do what works for you and your family.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ