Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

eating out with boy diet

dh and i dont eat out much just twice a week (one lunch and one dinner). and its nothing fancy. usually fast food (incl "healthy" fast food). so lately ive been eating at subway for my once a week lunch-out. we carry both out.

SUBWAY:
    lately ive been getting a salad. their lettuce is iceberg, with tomatoes, black olives, green peppers, yellow peppers (i think they are soaked in vinegar or pickled..isnt that a good thing?), red onions. for me ill add a red meat (roast beef, meatballs (weird i know). or steak (their version of steak). ill add salt at home and i dont really need a dressing with salad, but maybe ill just sprink lemon juice and/or olive oil or acv.
    DH will have a 6inch sub with everythig above hopefully he can do without the cheese.

the dinner we've been getting lately bc our girls LOVE it is chipotle. its a fast-ISH food mexican grill. normally we get burrito bowls. it has cilantro rice (consists of cilantro, lemon juice, and salt, with white rice), black beans (these are high in magnesium so perhaps i just wont eat as many or just skip it...?), chicken (but i can switch to steak...im just doing opposite from all the chicken i ate for my 2 girls!), plus lettuce (but its romaine which has 2% calcium, so i think ill keep it till last 6 weeks of sway), and cheese (ill delete this once i start boy diet tho). oh the mild salsa i get is tomatoes, onions, lemon juice, cilantro, salt..ill keep that.
    ill probably add salt at home, and perhaps decrease the amt of rice i eat..but its just once a week so im not TOO concerned.

other things we used to order was burgers and fries or pizza (with beef mush peppers). ill prob try to stay away from that stuff. if we go anywhere else ill opt for salads, and/or steak and vegies!

if im eating at ppl's houses, same thing. stick to beef and vegies, salads.

what do you guys think...what do you guys usually do for dinner out? any plans?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow, I was JUST going to ask people what they think about eating out/fast food because I'm wondering too. I am thinking I will O sometime between July 11-16 and the week before that, basically all around the 4th of July, we are going to be visiting my family and man, they eat some fast food. I mean, my grandma would rather get us fast food than cook any day. And I'm not sure what to do? I know if I try to take my own food and cook stuff, she will think it's weird but I could do it. Still, I'm going to have to have fast food at least several days I'm there probably.

I'm thinking the french fries are good, right? What about a good old hamburger? Or do fast food places use soy burgers or something? Ugh, so many things to think about.
    Tiffany

DH June 2005
    DD Oct 2008
    DS May 2012
    Thank you gender dreaming!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Before being on the girl diet when we ate out it was burgers and fries or pizza most of the time. Sometimes baked potato. I was not one to worry about sodium, calories or fat very often.
    2006 2007 2009 due May 2012
    BFP at 11 dpo.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gizmo I get almost the exact same thing at chipotle! We eat there at least 1x a week. My girls dig it.

Re: fast food I would advise looking up nutritional info online or even there in the restaurant; most post it or have a pamphlet. When I first started and was doing IG and watching calcium I was shocked to note that a McD's hamburger (just the kind in the happy meal) has 10% of the DV of calcium in there. Probably in the bun. So I would say if you do fast food or even restaurant food and are watching your CA intake, stay away from bun-type things as they can often (esp if it is just white bread) be made with milk.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good to know about buns!
    daisyfay- boy would i love to come to your grandmother's parties!!! what kind of fast food does she serve (from what restaurants?)
    i would dp like begonia says, look it up, if you know ahead of time but sometimes they wont show all info you need. im sure french fries are good but its fried in veg oil i think (verse a better fat like olive). but depending on your attempt for a few days it shouldnt matter much right???

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    dh and i dont eat out much just twice a week (one lunch and one dinner). and its nothing fancy. usually fast food (incl "healthy" fast food). so lately ive been eating at subway for my once a week lunch-out. we carry both out.

SUBWAY:
    lately ive been getting a salad. their lettuce is iceberg, with tomatoes, black olives, green peppers, yellow peppers (i think they are soaked in vinegar or pickled..isnt that a good thing?), red onions. for me ill add a red meat (roast beef, meatballs (weird i know). or steak (their version of steak). ill add salt at home and i dont really need a dressing with salad, but maybe ill just sprink lemon juice and/or olive oil or acv.
    DH will have a 6inch sub with everythig above hopefully he can do without the cheese.

the dinner we've been getting lately bc our girls LOVE it is chipotle. its a fast-ISH food mexican grill. normally we get burrito bowls. it has cilantro rice (consists of cilantro, lemon juice, and salt, with white rice), black beans (these are high in magnesium so perhaps i just wont eat as many or just skip it...?), chicken (but i can switch to steak...im just doing opposite from all the chicken i ate for my 2 girls!), plus lettuce (but its romaine which has 2% calcium, so i think ill keep it till last 6 weeks of sway), and cheese (ill delete this once i start boy diet tho). oh the mild salsa i get is tomatoes, onions, lemon juice, cilantro, salt..ill keep that.
    ill probably add salt at home, and perhaps decrease the amt of rice i eat..but its just once a week so im not TOO concerned.

other things we used to order was burgers and fries or pizza (with beef mush peppers). ill prob try to stay away from that stuff. if we go anywhere else ill opt for salads, and/or steak and vegies!

if im eating at ppl's houses, same thing. stick to beef and vegies, salads.

what do you guys think...what do you guys usually do for dinner out? any plans?
    I think those are both great meals for blue. PLEASE don't worry about a little magnesium in black beans or romaine lettuce, both of those foods are chock full of nutrients and phytochemicals that are fantastic for blue.

Pizza is great for blue too (yes, it has cheese but I ate TONS of cheese and have 4 boys). Burger and fries are fine as well in moderation, they do have some chemistry in them but now and then it's fine for a treat.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyfay311 View Post
    Oh wow, I was JUST going to ask people what they think about eating out/fast food because I'm wondering too. I am thinking I will O sometime between July 11-16 and the week before that, basically all around the 4th of July, we are going to be visiting my family and man, they eat some fast food. I mean, my grandma would rather get us fast food than cook any day. And I'm not sure what to do? I know if I try to take my own food and cook stuff, she will think it's weird but I could do it. Still, I'm going to have to have fast food at least several days I'm there probably.

I'm thinking the french fries are good, right? What about a good old hamburger? Or do fast food places use soy burgers or something? Ugh, so many things to think about.
    Some people are concerned about calcium in breads and buns.

I am not a believer in the "avoid every scrap of calcium to TTC a boy" idea and so I think burgers and fries are fine. Ate them tons esp. with DS 1 and 3.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    good to know about buns!
    daisyfay- boy would i love to come to your grandmother's parties!!! what kind of fast food does she serve (from what restaurants?)
    i would dp like begonia says, look it up, if you know ahead of time but sometimes they wont show all info you need. im sure french fries are good but its fried in veg oil i think (verse a better fat like olive). but depending on your attempt for a few days it shouldnt matter much right???
    Occasionally eating something fried in veg. oil is perfectly fine, it's just that olive oil is a healthier choice and so better for blue. Veg. oil isn't BAD, it's just not optimum.

I do want people to know that you cannot cook fries in olive oil though, if you thought you might give it a try. Olive oil burns at the high temperatures required for deep frying.