Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The FertileCM dried me up terribly! Isn't that odd? The month I dropped it, the cm came back.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    The FertileCM dried me up terribly! Isn't that odd? The month I dropped it, the cm came back.
    I remember this! You and another couple of gals from IG had that experience; that's why I never tried it out.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    I know this is not a supp but gelatine had a BIG impact on my CM it dried me out!
    has anyone found that gelatin delayed their ovulation??? (not just dried them out)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    only supps for me so far that ive tried is l-arginine, totally dried me up and i THINK is causing a delay in O (i say "think" bc im coupling it with gelatin 3x/day). the 1st cycle i took l-arg, i spaced it out and had fewer doses (only 4) and i ended up O'ing earlier than normal, BUT it may have not have had a chance to really dig into my cycle, perhaps.

this cycle, i took l-arg 7 times (every other day). today would have been my 8th dose, but i have wayy less ewcm than normal (some comes out in spurts but amount is significcantly less and so i know my O is delayed) and i decided to stop l-arg. i MAY try it again next cycle but every 3 or 4 days...tho i dont see if that would actually have any effect on my eggs/cm/hormones at all? (since the dose is "daily").

gelatin 3x/day like i said less CM, so starting today im cutting it to 2x/day

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcboy2011 View Post
    I'be been drinking green tea and I noticed alot of ewcm. I'm not sure which one it is but its either zinc or potassium that causes me constipation (tmi). So I don't take it everyday. I take them every other day.

I'm taking fertile cm and guaifenesin tablets right now from af to O. Haven't gotten O yet so I don't know if it will help me about the ewcm.

Also taking fish oil and vitamin E but haven't noticed anything yet.
    Great tip! There is NOTHING wrong with taking a supp every two days or even only once or twice a week (so if you get bleeding or bruising {or gas, or bad breath!!} from garlic, just eat it less often!). You'll still get benefits without as many side effects.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    I just read about some other people who had this same experience!!! Maybe that old saying is true, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!"

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So to all of those that have had the experience of l-arg drying up the EWCM... how long after you stopped the supps did the EWCM come back??? I'm really hoping you say the next cycle

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FertileCM does contain l-arginine so maybe that's why it dried up some of you.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so I have been turning this around in my mind and I am going to just think out loud here and see what you guys think.

If you look at the table here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone (scroll down to the part where it says "Biosynthesis") you can see how your body manufactures these sex hormones, all made from cholesterol. Progesterone is among the first things to be made and then testosterone is made from some byproducts of that and then after testosterone is made, estrogen is made from the byproducts of the production of the testosterone. What if the l-arginine is somehow disrupting that and making your bodies produce more testosterone at the expense of the ingredients in the estrogen?? If it were, that would explain how it could both raise your testosterone and also dry you up.

It's very probable to me that most of the time on the blue diet, you're increasing your raw ingredients to such a point that there would be plenty of cholesterol to make both testosterone and estrogen. and I can also see how increasing testosterone in general could mean that there was plenty of by-products for estrogen. But maybe the l-arg is interfering in that, temporarily or in the longer term???

What I would do is if you are finding l-arg is drying you out, if you have many months before your sway, keep taking it and see if this reduction is temporary (the longer you are on the boy diet, the more raw materials you will have for producing BOTH T and E so it may be that you just need to wait out the sudden rise in T and your body will increase E production to make up the difference) IF you don't have a long time to go before your sway, stop the l-arg and you may even want to increase your egg intake for a few weeks to help give your bod enough cholesterol to make more estrogen with.

The good news is, this is very intriguing evidence in favor of l-arg being GREAT for DH to take. Something that may increase testosterone and reduce estrogen would be great for DH.

I do want to point out that we honestly don't KNOW whether or not we need high levels of both T and E to conceive a boy and also that we don't totally KNOW what is going on with the l-arg, but I just wanted to let you guys know what my thought processes were.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, YAHTZEE, Atomic! I think you all are right on the nose. Well, glad to hear that it is good for DH to take, mine has been on 1000mg a day for quite some time now.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast