Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just started the Robitussin and Fertile CM this cycle (2 days so far) and it seems to be making a LOT of CM!!

Fish oil didn't seem to do a whole lot, but I will keep taking it.

Green tea didn't seem to do much for me either. but I have heard it is good and it is supposed to sway so I will keep drinking!

Haven't tried grapefruit juice yet but I will.

Since I know they work for me, should I stop the Fertile CM and Robitussin for now and wait until the cycle when I will be attempting, just in case they quit working?
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

2. Likes Lolabelle liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    has anyone found that gelatin delayed their ovulation??? (not just dried them out)
    Nope- gelatin has had no effect on me. I O on cd 13. Fish Oil- awesome for me!
    TTC Blue!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by soontobesix View Post
    So to all of those that have had the experience of l-arg drying up the EWCM... how long after you stopped the supps did the EWCM come back??? I'm really hoping you say the next cycle
    well i had occasional ewcm very little tho during l-arg and gelatin. like every 2-3 days (normally i have it every day tons of ewcm all day for 7-8 days before O). my last dose of l-arg was tuesday (and last dose of gelatin was friday), i started getting my normal ewcm by saturday!!
    im still getting my normal ewcm back but still no temp rises..no O :-( im al;ready on cd 21!!!

DEE-LAYYED!
    im hoping this week i O. this will push my attempt till mid to late october. i dont think im going to do gelatin anymore either. its just not worth the dry CM and th epossible delay in O if th gelatin is doing that. im working out a lot so im hoping thas enoough. plus ive always had occasional chin hairs ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm, so you gals think if you T level is getting higher with diet and other supps that the addition of gelatin and FCM makes it kinda go in reverse?
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post

Since I know they work for me, should I stop the Fertile CM and Robitussin for now and wait until the cycle when I will be attempting, just in case they quit working?
    I would keep taking the FCM for sure, and the Robit the week before O (I don't think you need to take it all month long). Maybe do the FCM from AF-O only? I can't remember if you are supposed to take it on the schedule or what.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    Hmmm, so you gals think if you T level is getting higher with diet and other supps that the addition of gelatin and FCM makes it kinda go in reverse?
    i think so. women who are hard core athletes prob have higher T and their cycles can sometimes be non existent or short or, whatever. so too much T isnt good for getting pregnant at all, IMO. thats just how im starting to think of it. why else would this stuff dry you out and be beneficial? to me if its drying you out its not beneficial.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Ok so I have been turning this around in my mind and I am going to just think out loud here and see what you guys think.

If you look at the table here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone (scroll down to the part where it says "Biosynthesis") you can see how your body manufactures these sex hormones, all made from cholesterol. Progesterone is among the first things to be made and then testosterone is made from some byproducts of that and then after testosterone is made, estrogen is made from the byproducts of the production of the testosterone. What if the l-arginine is somehow disrupting that and making your bodies produce more testosterone at the expense of the ingredients in the estrogen?? If it were, that would explain how it could both raise your testosterone and also dry you up.

It's very probable to me that most of the time on the blue diet, you're increasing your raw ingredients to such a point that there would be plenty of cholesterol to make both testosterone and estrogen. and I can also see how increasing testosterone in general could mean that there was plenty of by-products for estrogen. But maybe the l-arg is interfering in that, temporarily or in the longer term???

What I would do is if you are finding l-arg is drying you out, if you have many months before your sway, keep taking it and see if this reduction is temporary (the longer you are on the boy diet, the more raw materials you will have for producing BOTH T and E so it may be that you just need to wait out the sudden rise in T and your body will increase E production to make up the difference) IF you don't have a long time to go before your sway, stop the l-arg and you may even want to increase your egg intake for a few weeks to help give your bod enough cholesterol to make more estrogen with.

The good news is, this is very intriguing evidence in favor of l-arg being GREAT for DH to take. Something that may increase testosterone and reduce estrogen would be great for DH.

I do want to point out that we honestly don't KNOW whether or not we need high levels of both T and E to conceive a boy and also that we don't totally KNOW what is going on with the l-arg, but I just wanted to let you guys know what my thought processes were.

Wow! So this is more than intriguing to me. First question that popped in my head then... If sex hormones are produced from cholesterol, would having low cholesterol directly impact whether you are able to have a boy? My cholesterol (total, LDL, HDL) across the board has always been unbelievably low and I have three girls. Low to the point that they think they have to re-test the numbers to double check they did it right. Any mommies of lots of little girls have super low cholesterol??? How about you mommies to little boys? What do your cholesterol levels look like??? This would play straight into the diet that you suggest Atomic (high everything) in order to sway boy and up T.

I love this board! I feel like I learn something new on here everyday

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! So this is more than intriguing to me. First question that popped in my head then... If sex hormones are produced from cholesterol, would having low cholesterol directly impact whether you are able to have a boy? My cholesterol (total, LDL, HDL) across the board has always been unbelievably low and I have three girls. Low to the point that they think they have to re-test the numbers to double check they did it right. Any mommies of lots of little girls have super low cholesterol??? How about you mommies to little boys? What do your cholesterol levels look like??? This would play straight into the diet that you suggest Atomic (high everything) in order to sway boy and up T.

same here! atomic is great!! i dont kow what my chol is. ill be checking soon tho. but its always been avg i think. but it makes sense if you ate like a girl diet then youd prob have lower chol...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay the more I think about it I think Atomic is really on to something here. Your cholesterol could even be on the higher end due to HDLs (good cholesterol) and thus cause you to produce more sex hormones and cause more boys. I have a good friend who has 4 boys and I always wondered how she got boys b/c she eats mostly only fruits and veggies and good fat foods. I always attributed it to the fact that she doesn't drink milk but now I'm wondering if it's also that her HDLs (good cholesterol) are sky high from eating all the good fats all those years??? Hmmmm... Any one else with their own personal observations on this one?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just saying Atomic... I think you could write a book and make millions.

12. Likes Katie.Z liked this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast