Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

CM supps - experiences and results!!

Some people are noticing that some of the supps work great for boosting the first month and then stop working. Others are noticing that other supps are taking a few months to get going. Let's put our heads together and share our experiences...it may be that some of the supps should be started sooner and others should be postponed until the month of the attempt.

EPO, fish oil, Fertile CM, Robitussin, grapefruit...how did they work for you?

UPDATE 12-20-17! it's been 7 years since I posted this and I can now say definitively the things that are working to improve cervical mucus for our blue swayers!

L-arginine - AVOID. It's messed people's cycles up terribly, delaying ovulation and shortening up luteal phase. It also may dramatically reduce egg quality. Plus we've seen a lot of opposites when using it! I just cannot recommend this for any blue swayer. You can give it to your husband though, it may help sway blue when he takes it.

Evening Primrose Oil - AVOID. We have seen a disproportionate amount of opposites in the people who were taking EPO - so much so that I am seriously considering now using this supplement only for PINK!!! The only people who may possibly benefit from EPO are those on a strict keto/very low carb diet (which I do not recommend for blue sways anyway!)

Fertile CM - Has seemed to help improve EWCM for some people, has dried it up for others. Plus it has also really messed up the menstrual cycle for some women. I also feel that I've seen a lot of opposites in women taking it. I can no longer recommend Fertile CM for anyone swaying, pink or blue.

Fish Oil - OK in lower amounts. While we once used 1000 mg (and some people took even more!) we now believe that 500 is more than enough and this dose will avoid side effects and risks from higher amounts (some of which may even sway pink by reducing cholesterol levels!) 500 mg only.

Flaxseed oil - AVOID like the plague!! Flaxseed oil has been shown to my satisfaction to be actively harmful to unborn babies and since we do not know how long the effects last I want blue swayers to avoid it even prior to pregnancy. It also may sway pink just like the EPO does. NO FLAXSEED OIL period end of story and no flaxseeds in anything more than occasional dietary amounts 2-3 times per week.

Grapefruit Juice - Seems to help although we aren't really sure if it's anything magic about grapefruit in and of itself or if it's simply a side effect of staying well hydrated.

Green tea - Has seemed to help improve EWCM for some people, has dried it up for others. Plus it has also really messed up the menstrual cycle for some women. I no longer believe green tea to be super effective for making EWCM and if anything seems inferior (in terms of successful sways) than black tea has. Use with caution; if you notice your cycle getting strange and your EWCM is lessening, ease off green tea and switch to good old black.

Guaifenesin - aka Robitussin or Mucinex Highly recommended, has really seemed to be very effective for us! This is your best option for your blue sway! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-....html#post2717

Maca - I am not a fan of Maca. We have seen absolutely bizzare side effects while taking it (such as hallucinations and heavy midcycle bleeding). It also seems to delay ovulation and cause a short LP for some people. Also has dried up EWCM for others. I cannot recommend Maca to anyone.

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea - There is mixed data about how this sways and until I have more firsthand accounts of people successfully using it for blue, I feel better about having you guys avoid this tea. It's great in the last month of pregnancy for toning the uterus but I would stay away from it for making EWCM!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 20th, 2017 at 04:31 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EPO - did nothing for CM, delayed my O , so I dropped it
    FertileCM - couldn't find it here
    Fish Oil - I'm not sure, but I believe it is good for overall fertility, that's why I'm taking it
    Green tea - it seems it helps, but it took me like 3 months 1-2 cups daily to see more CM Also for this one I (want to) believe it's magic bullet for ( Atomic, if it's delusion, please don't take it away LOL!)
    Robitussin - this cycle I used replacement for Robitussin ( guaifenesin) for the first time and I'm happy with the results
    Grapefruit - if bfn (God forbid!) I'll try it

Note: those are just mine experiences, other people might have different ones

Also, from my exp, presence and quantity of CM has lot to do with age. When I was in my twenties I distinctively remember I had tons and tons of it. lot of it on panties etc. As I approached 30, it decreased ( had my 1st at 31)
    I'll be 39 soon and I'm glad I have the decent amount ( not tons, nothing on the panties) with all these enhancers
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great thread idea!

Mucinex: I took this the month before my attempt and the month of, and I honestly didn't see a huge difference in my CM from it. I did one 400 mcg tablet every 4 hours; 3 a day. But I think I am definitely an exception here.

L'Arg I tried taking this about 5 days in a row and found it delayed my AF. Since I normally have a very regular cycle I decided it wasn't worth it for me. I think I might have tried taking it every 2-3 days if I had more months though, because I know some ladies had good results.

EPO This was the winner for me. I took it for several months and it worked every time; I would say by the 3rd month it was really, really noticeable. Never messed with my cycle. And the other benefit was it made my AF easier too, which I had read about but wasn't expecting. Less cramps for sure. Only take AF-O. I took 1000 mcg.

Fish Oil I took this every day for almost a year; my derm actually rec'd it for my skin. I don't know if it did much for my CM or not but it definitely didn't hurt!

Grapefruit I love grapefruit juice; make sure you get one that is loaded with potassium and vitamins, some of those just stored on the shelf aren't very nutritious at all. The "Simply Grapefruit" juice brand (also make OJ) was great. I do think it increased my CM, it didn't mess with my cycle at all either. I drank it everyday of my cycle.

Green Tea I drank 2 cups a day AF-O. Really 2 bags in one cup I ended up just drinking it b/c I really liked it mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with water and adding some lemon juice. I also think this did help my CM, and didn't change my cycle.

I'll be curious to see some other replies! I do think that adding more fats into my diet probably helped as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is not a supp but gelatine had a BIG impact on my CM it dried me out!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    great thread...really helpful to me as i,m thinking to add some of them in my sway...

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Green tea worked really well for me. Robitussin thinned my CM out so it became more watery but less stretchy, so I didn't continue to use it.
    2005, swayed for boy, arrived 25/11/2011

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fish oil worked for me, i only used to have ewcm the day i ovulated but since i've been taking fish oil i'd had not quite ewcm but wet cm for over a week during ovulation time. More like 2 weeks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much, keep them coming!

A couple people had mentioned they had less CM after starting green tea, maybe they just need to wait it out a bit???
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Who said that? lol!
    It might not have an instant effect, but I would never drop green tea, less CM or not, but maybe continue with green tea and add something else for CM?
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im drinking green tea for almost 3 months now and had a LOT more CM before I started. So it's not that great for everyone.
    Use to drink a lot now Im down to 2 cup/day hope I get more ewcm back. If not I will try 1 cup only.
    So no it's not so great for everyone. Im not even sure it's helps so much to get a boy.
    Now Im thinking to get EPO or fertile CM to have more cm, but just don't know which one? I read a lot about both and still not sure. And just to try and buy it both is a lot of $.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast