Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

quality of CM (TMI)

so since i started gelatin 3x/day WITH l-arginine (5oomg) every other day, ive noticed a definite change in my CM pattern and quality. 1stlt before all this, i noticed creamy for 2 days after AF was done. then EWCM started for about 7-8 days at varying amounts and quality. but increased as i approached closer to O day (anywhere from CD 17-cd20). i would also have a LOT of ewcm just "hanging/stretching" out of me whether after a BM or just after peeing (tmi sorry). usually before or on O day i got PEAK EWCM and then less cm the follwoing day whether it went to sticky or just a small quantity of ewcm. i did notice that AFTER Ovulation, if i DID get ewcm, the cm woiuld be VERY strong, id be able to wrap it around my finger (sorry!!!TMI). where as before or during O it was gooey/globby, like the thick part of real eggwhites that youre supposed to insert, if using that. id get ewcm about 3-6 times a day leading up to O.

with the supps (l-arg and gelatin), i had creamy CM longer (3 days after AF), and ewcm only 2 times a day after that (so far). howveer the ewcm that i got was still kind of whitish, cloudy and VERY strong. id be able to wrap it around my finger. no globbiness (yet). so im kind of worried that i threw my cycle off even tho i know we're supposed to make a change.

isnt the globby ewcm better than anything strong???? i plan to use real EW anyway during attempt, but i guess im just freaking out and feeling like im swaying PINK now by taking these supps that are drying me out. but on the other hand they areprobaby increasing my T (whcih is why im drying up right???). so how do i balance?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good question on balancing lol. I need to look into the gelatin. Did you get ewcm before starting the supplements?
    2006 2009 2012

Looking to add another to our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes. i noticed that i always have tons of ewcm before i took anything or did anything before losing weight diet and even after i started a 'losing weight' diet (cardio, decreased portions, less carbs, etc--i want to lose weight before boy diet this month!).

but my point in doing l-arg and/or gelatin was to up my T. would the drying up be a side effect of increasing my T i wonder? i wont be TTC till oct, but i only have 2-3 more cycles to practice with and my cycles are long 30-31days. and since i only test af-o its a long wait in between! i wish i started earlier so i could experiemnt which pills/supps did what. and i still have yet to experiement with zinc. i mean according t boy mom's they had tons of ewcm, and so do i, so then if i stop the l-arg and/or gelatin, what else can i do to up T (im assuming my T is low bc of my 2 girls...?). ill have to see what zinc does next month af-o.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in the exact same boat. I started l-arg this past month and it TOTALLY dried me up. I'm a person that gets a fair amount of EWCM on my own and I had literally NONE this month. Not even anything creamy. I only started swaying 3-4 weeks ago doing high pot/sodium diet, lemon water, prenatal (with no calcium), potassium, folic acid and l-arginine. My cycles are predictable with lots of EWCM and I immediately threw that into a tailspin... the only thing that could have been that powerful (IMO) is the l-arg. I started Fish Oil today instead to see if that would work instead since so many women have been having good luck with it. I'm done with l-arg... I don't have time to mess around with it!!! I know how you feel about running out of time... we're suppose to sway in August meaning I only have one cycle to get this figured out!!! Agh!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    yes. i noticed that i always have tons of ewcm before i took anything or did anything before losing weight diet and even after i started a 'losing weight' diet (cardio, decreased portions, less carbs, etc--i want to lose weight before boy diet this month!).

but my point in doing l-arg and/or gelatin was to up my T. would the drying up be a side effect of increasing my T i wonder? i wont be TTC till oct, but i only have 2-3 more cycles to practice with and my cycles are long 30-31days. and since i only test af-o its a long wait in between! i wish i started earlier so i could experiemnt which pills/supps did what. and i still have yet to experiement with zinc. i mean according t boy mom's they had tons of ewcm, and so do i, so then if i stop the l-arg and/or gelatin, what else can i do to up T (im assuming my T is low bc of my 2 girls...?). ill have to see what zinc does next month af-o.
    NO, the drying up should not be a side effect of raising T and in fact it should be the other way around...when your T goes up you should have more EWCM. LOTS of people conceive baby girls with decent T levels and EWCM...if your husband has low sperm numbers or even that you guys just had bad luck.

I wonder if whatever the L-arg is doing, is raising your testosterone at the expense of the estrogen and making dryer CM??

Just by eating a high-everything style diet and lifting weights, you're already doing a ton to raise your T levels.

I would stop the l-arg because it sounds like it really is a step in the wrong direction for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by soontobesix View Post
    I am in the exact same boat. I started l-arg this past month and it TOTALLY dried me up. I'm a person that gets a fair amount of EWCM on my own and I had literally NONE this month. Not even anything creamy. I only started swaying 3-4 weeks ago doing high pot/sodium diet, lemon water, prenatal (with no calcium), potassium, folic acid and l-arginine. My cycles are predictable with lots of EWCM and I immediately threw that into a tailspin... the only thing that could have been that powerful (IMO) is the l-arg. I started Fish Oil today instead to see if that would work instead since so many women have been having good luck with it. I'm done with l-arg... I don't have time to mess around with it!!! I know how you feel about running out of time... we're suppose to sway in August meaning I only have one cycle to get this figured out!!! Agh!!!
    But I have to point out that suddenly starting a lot of sodium and cutting out calcium can have just as strong an effect on your body as a single supplement can.

Thanks so much guys for sharing this info!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    But I have to point out that suddenly starting a lot of sodium and cutting out calcium can have just as strong an effect on your body as a single supplement can.

Thanks so much guys for sharing this info!!!
    good point for soontobesix, but with me, i havent started boy diet yet. i was just testing out supps. BUTT reallly good point bc maybe my body would react diff while ON boy diet plus supps. however, im done with l-arg too much fo a risk and i dont have time. probably done with gelatin too.

oh and i have been gradually cutting calcium for a few monhs now too. and thought itd be better for me to gradually get into boy diet mineral ranges as well instead of suddenly increasing and decreasing...thx!