Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do you think it happened with DD?

what happens if you DTD a few days before O (regardless of diet) and there is lets say an X sperm waiting around for a few days up in me, then O comes around and the X sperm proceeds. will my body still show any signs of ovulation for instance CM? or since the sperm is there waiting and catches right away would i not see anything?

i was recalling how it happened with DD1. as soon as i saw ANY visible cm (creamy or whatever), dh and i dtd every single day (now i know my body has 2 days creamy, then like 7-8 days of ewcm till peak day/O day).
    so we did it every day for like 4-5 days, then i had to travel international without DH (from japan to US), and upon arriving in the states and went to the bathroom, i noticed major hanging EWCM, stretchy as stretch can be. and thought well maybe next month. i spent 2 days stateside then returned back to japan with DH and we skipped the day i arrived back but the day after we DTD with not as major CM as i can recall. and thats when DD1 was conceived.
    do you think it was O+12 or do you think there was an X sperm waiting for a few days and if so would i have still seen EWCM appear if there was sperm in there waiting to catch (and got pregnant as soon as i O'd)?

i was temping but it was kind of off since i was traveling for such a short period and long distance. so dont know if i conceived DD1 close to O or not...?
    Last edited by gizmo77; July 6th, 2011 at 03:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it's hormones that cause CM - when oestrogen is high (and your body is hydrated) it produces EWCM
    if you were dehydrated you might not see any CM

the presence of sperm in the tubes does not affect CM production at all, but having sperm in there can be mistaken as EWCM sometimes (same consistency)

but also it was more likely that the sperm in there waiting when the egg popped out caught the egg rather than the o+12 attempt

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so even tho there may have been sperm in there ready to attach, i was still seeing my signs of ovulation i.e. ewcm...?

and so ovulation is the process of the egg popping out and traveling down the tubes. which is the same time you'd see signs (i.e. ewcm). and you dont actually get pregnant until the egg is meet with the sperm in the tube or in uterus?

i guess what im asking is, can you get pregnant (can egg and sperm meet) BEFORE the body shows signs of ovulation (ewcm). ? do i even make sense???

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you can get pregnant before you ovulate - I often think this when people have their scans and they say the dates were out because they *know* when they DTD - surely the day you ovulated is the day you got pregnant not the day you DTD?!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    zanacal is right - ovulation is when the egg comes out of the ovary, inside the ovary it's like in a little bubble so no sperm can get to it while it matures (only mature eggs are ovulated)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i think i am just not asking itthe right way..when i read it back it DOES sound like i asked if you can get pregnant before O! HAHAH i surely didnt mean that! ;-)
    hmmm..what AM i asking??

okay, so say youa re O'ing and you have all this EWCM. since there is no sperm to fertilize teh egg, the egg will continue to travel down the tubes and eventually into the uterus. during this travel down the tubes, you get EWCM

then next month you get a sperm in there waiting before you O. so the sperm is waiting by the tube entrance. then the egg pops out (ovulation) and immediately travels but doesnt have to go far bc there is a sperm waiting there to catch it. since the travel time is cut short, do you still get the EWCM you would have gotten had you NOT become pregnant (had teh sperm and egg not met)?

or is the ewcm produced (i know its bc of estrogen) mainly when the egg POPS OUT of the ovary.(verse ewcm is present when egg pops AND travels down the tube into uterus). PEAK DAY of EWCM where is the egg??

i think im going crazy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol, we're all going (or gone!) crazy! I don't know the answer but I'm pretty sure I get most of my EWCM in the couple of days leading up to O - I don't know if it would be cut short if a sperm met the egg early in its journey!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get most of my EWCM in the days leading up to O too, Zanacal!

Gizmo I get what you're saying; my thought though is yes, you would still have EWCM (and other signs of ovulation) EVEN if a sperm was right there and fertilized the egg virtually immediately. Because your body is still going through the process of ovulating, KWIM? And the EWCM is triggered by the hormone levels AT and PRIOR to ovulation, so it isn't like the egg getting fertilized would somehow turn that off, IMO.

Anyhow like Zanacal mentioned the peak day of EWCM is not always the day of O for many women. Maybe it is for you though? I found after months of tracking that my peak day was most often the day prior to my actual ovulation day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    basically if an egg pops out and isn't fertilised it disintegrates within 24hrs... EWCM is only produced when oestrogen is high, once the oestrogen drops the EWCM dries up so there is none remaining in there towards the end of your cycle.

I read that after ovulation the egg lingers for a little while at the entrance to the tubes and then starts to make its way down. sperm can be living in the tubes, or up nearer the ovary. The egg itself takes a few DAYS to pass down through the fallopian tubes if fertilised. If not fertilised, the egg won't make it as far as the uterus.

usually after ovulation (and/or conception) you will have EWCM for a max of 1 day before it dries up.

the EWCM doesn't help a fertilised egg pass through the tubes (there are little "hairs" inside the tubes that pass the egg down through it instead). the purpose of EWCM is to get the sperm TO the egg, and also to nourish it and keep it alive until the egg arrives. Once the egg has arrived, there is no need for the EWCM any more.

does that answer the question? I think the question is a bit confused :P

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, all you guys answered it thx! what i wanted to know is if when i conceived my daughter i thought most likely bc we DTD so many times, there MUST have been sperm up there waiting, butthen why would i have see tons of EWCM, if as soon as teh egg popped out the sperm caught it. i assumed, that most ppl get peak EWCM at and just before O, but i thought if there is sperm there, you may get SOME ewcm but not as much if tehre were no sperm waiting bc the estrogen decreases when the egg andsperm meet. and since the egg and sperm meet right away, thered be no signs of O (ewcm).

i know that ewcm doesnt help the egg but helps teh sperm, so thats another reason why i thought thered be LESS ewcm, bc there is sperm in there nourishing on the majority of the ewcm while waiting for egg.

yes it IS a confusing question!!! sorry about it. understanding how teh cycle work helps me a LOT tho in my plans. and reading my body's signals.

so for a pink swayer, if they dtd'd 4-5 days before O and tahts it, even if they get all the signs of O like lots and lots of ewcm, O pain, etc, doesnt mean there is NO sperm waiting in there to catch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast