Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Side Effects of the Boy Diet

Consider yourself forewarned - this is seriously TMI but I just have to ask!!! Are any of you experiencing orange colored bowel movements??? It started a few weeks after I started the high pot/high salt diet and hasn't let up since. I googled "orange bowel movement" online and it states that most of the time it has to do with diet. Is this affecting anyone else on the boy diet? I'm not so concerned about the diet causing my stools to be orange, but I had gallbladder surgery 6 months ago which could cause similar problems so I don't know if I should be concerned about that.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    do you eat or drink a lot of orange colored things? whats the consistency? id say if its avg softness (sorry!) then no worry perhaps? but if its diarhhea range to maybe change one thing at a time, process of elimination style.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To much Vitamin A in your foods... cut back right away. Stop eating orange veggies and fruits for 3-5 days and then eat small amounts (golf ball size) each day until pregnant but never more then that. To much vitamin A can cause deformities and delayes.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Seriously there is so much to keep track of with this diet thing I think my head is going to explode! I have had more vitamin A than usual lately but nothing ridiculous. I bought sweet potatoes (high potassium food) and had one this past weekend and some for dinner two nights this week. Then one day I had a 1/2 serving of carrots as well (since they're high in potassium). My prenatal has 50% of my IU for Vitamin A and all the cereals we're suppose to eat on the boy diet pack at least 10-15% IU of vitamin A. What's the actual "toxic" or "dangerous" level for vitamin A? Obviously I don't want to get anywhere near there but it's going to be hard to avoid vitamin A on this diet. I'm eating a ton of fruits and veggies... that can't be a bad thing can it???

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by soontobesix View Post
    Seriously there is so much to keep track of with this diet thing I think my head is going to explode! I have had more vitamin A than usual lately but nothing ridiculous. I bought sweet potatoes (high potassium food) and had one this past weekend and some for dinner two nights this week. Then one day I had a 1/2 serving of carrots as well (since they're high in potassium). My prenatal has 50% of my IU for Vitamin A and all the cereals we're suppose to eat on the boy diet pack at least 10-15% IU of vitamin A. What's the actual "toxic" or "dangerous" level for vitamin A? Obviously I don't want to get anywhere near there but it's going to be hard to avoid vitamin A on this diet. I'm eating a ton of fruits and veggies... that can't be a bad thing can it???
    Sorry for my vent. Just when I think I'm getting this thing figured out, something else crosses my path. Oh well. I'm thinking sweet potatoes are not for me Thanks for your feedback ladies!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    To much Vitamin A in your foods... cut back right away. Stop eating orange veggies and fruits for 3-5 days and then eat small amounts (golf ball size) each day until pregnant but never more then that. To much vitamin A can cause deformities and delayes.
    Vitamin A via diet is perfectly safe and will not cause any problems at all (unless you are on an all carrot diet for months.) Vit A through large doses of supplements is what causes birth defects.

I strongly urge everyone to continue eating reasonable amounts of orange and yellow vegetables because it is safe and will only help you conceive a baby boy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please do not give it even a second more thought. Seriously, you will turn orange from head to toe before you are in any danger of getting too much Vit A from fruits and vegetables and it takes A LOT of carrots in order to do that http://www.dietitian.com/vitamina.html. The only dietary source of Vit. A that is even dangerous is the liver of some animals. Most of the time when someone OD's on Vit A it's from supplements. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A (this link also has the limits of Vit. A.)

I would very much suspect that the orange stools are due to the sweet potatoes and carrots because even just a bit of those foods can cause your poos to change color in quite a spectacular fashion (as my brief and ill-advised experiment with making my own baby food has taught me. o.O )

If you are concerned about it (don't be) you can try to find a prenatal without Vit. A but honestly, I would not even give it any more thought.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for my vent. Just when I think I'm getting this thing figured out, something else crosses my path. Oh well. I'm thinking sweet potatoes are not for me Thanks for your feedback ladies!
    Sweet potatoes are da bomb for blue. Please don't avoid them (unless you hate them!!)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Please do not give it even a second more thought. Seriously, you will turn orange from head to toe before you are in any danger of getting too much Vit A from fruits and vegetables and it takes A LOT of carrots in order to do that http://www.dietitian.com/vitamina.html. The only dietary source of Vit. A that is even dangerous is the liver of some animals. Most of the time when someone OD's on Vit A it's from supplements. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A (this link also has the limits of Vit. A.)

I would very much suspect that the orange stools are due to the sweet potatoes and carrots because even just a bit of those foods can cause your poos to change color in quite a spectacular fashion (as my brief and ill-advised experiment with making my own baby food has taught me. o.O )

If you are concerned about it (don't be) you can try to find a prenatal without Vit. A but honestly, I would not even give it any more thought.
    Thank you so much atomic. You give me peace of mind. I knew in my head that the amount of oranges veggies I was eating certainly could not be toxic. Even if it was turning my stools orange. As a matter of fact, I didn't think it could be anything but healthy. I've eaten sweet potatoes and carrots my whole life, now it's just in slightly greater quantities. The more I think about it, I agree that it's probably the sweet potatoes turning my stools orange. I'm still going to eat them, just not eat the leftovers the very next day. Maybe wait a few days inbetween. Plus my digestive system is slightly off after having my gallbladder removed in December so I'm sure I am sensitive to any slight change in diet.