Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Discouraged and frustrated

Hi Everyone,
    I feel completely silly writing this because I know people struggle for years with ttc, but we are on our second month of trying for number 2 and I'm pretty sure that AF is on her way because I've been spotting since 8dpo. (We have a 22-month old dd that we conceived the first month off bc during a tremendously stressful time.) What's even more frustrating for me is that it wasn't until last month, the first month ttc, that I started spotting a full week before my period was due. Does anyone know if any of the supplements might be causing this? I've read some reviews that EPO can cause delayed O, but I always O on CD 11 and that hasn't changed. I'm worried that the spotting is preventing implantation or conception at all, but I can't get in to see my OB because there aren't any appointments available for the next month. I'm stressing even more because if I don't conceive by October I will need to put it on hold for a few months since I'm a teacher. Could anyone share with me how long it took them to conceive while swaying, and whether or not any of the supplements caused spotting? Thank you so much for listening and any advice!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell me everything else you're taking.

Sometimes the EPO/fish oil can cause spotting because they're blood thinners. so it's not necessarily hormonal and does not mean that the lining can't support pregnancy, just that you're bleeding a little more easily.

I got 2 of my many boys 2nd month TTC - you're not out if you get BFN this month.

I would probably drop the EPO next month just to see if it helps.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for the quick response; I should have included my sway attempt info in my original post. For the past two months I've been taking a pre-natal vitamin, 3000 mg (all at once) of EPO, fish oil, flaxseed oil, zinc, potassium, vitamin E, vitamin B-100 complex, and Mucinex. I am only taking the EPO from AF to O and the Mucinex from end of AF to O. I was also on a Z-pack last month right before O for strep. I started temping this month and also use a CBFM, so I'm pretty confident about my O dates. We bd'ed every other day leading up to O and then the evening of and afternoon after positive on CBFM and additional OPK. I just took a FRER yesterday at 11 dpo and got a BFN. The other thing I did differently this month was I used an instead cup twice, which I just read on here can sometimes close off the cervix, but I'd also read a ton of success stories with them. I know I shouldn't stress so much since it's only been two months, but I was really hoping to avoid being pregnant during next summer because last time I had TERRIBLE swelling starting at four months and the heat definitely didn't help. Thank you again for all of the advice! Just talking about this with others who have experience with all of this makes me feel better.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WAY too much EPO for starters. no more than 500 mg. also drop the flaxseed oil, it does the same thing as the EPO.

NO more than 1000 mg fish oil.

IF your prenatal has 100% DRV of Vit E, zinc, and B vitamins, you do not need more and in fact it may be harmful to you to take them. Wean off these extra vitamins. B vitamins can really muck things up cyclewise and high dose E and zinc are not safe.

I do not recommend the instead cup, sounds like you've already read about that. Some people manage to get pregnant using everything short of a partridge in a pear tree up there LOL but we want to maximize your chances here.

NOt sure if you're doing this alreayd but highly recommend using Preseed or any lube designed to boost odds of conception.

Is DH doing anything that could be contributing?? Jogging, hot baths, tight underwear, medication, drinking, smoking, etc?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Thank you so much for all of this information. As far as DH goes, he is taking the zinc, Fish oil, Flaxseed, and a multi-vitamin, but he also indulges in marijuana frequently and doesn't seem to buy my emphasis on his need to stop (he was doing the same when we conceived our daughter.) He also runs, but no more than 9 miles a week; could that be contributing? Thank you again!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you think it would be okay this month for me to just stick with the diet, the pre-natal vitamin, and add vitamin D?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh-oh, yes, the special tobacc-y is not the best for TTC a boy. I would def have him stop running if he's willing - that may be a little easier to get him to give up than the MJ and it also sways pink.

I'd def. have you in with an attempt this month if at all possible. No sense skipping months if we're working on a schedule here!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel so much better Now that I stopped all those crazy extra vitmins Atomic. My body is adjusting. Also adding dairy back in is making me feel better.

DH has stopped the extras like the zinc and flaxseed oil. He's feeling his energy return. Too much vitamins were definately making us sick.

THANKS ATOMIC... we were on a path of doom.

I still continue to drink lemon water daily and I found eating fresh oranges, taking Fertile CM, mucinex and Tim Horton's Green tea (only in the afternoon and evening as it has lemon in it) Only from after AF-O work for me this cycle. Then I stopped it. I have never had EWCM ever before. I will try again next cycle.

For the past 3 months I've been drinking Vortex Alkaline water with lemon in it everyday and totally cut out soda pop but with all the L'arganine and flaxseed oil and EPO none of that worked so I dropped it. Too much of this stuff can really mess up O and make us sick. Atomic is right I wished I'd talk to her sooner

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so happy I was able to help!! thanks for updating and keeping the thread extra helpful for everyone.

sending you a ton of blue dust!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all of your advice!!! I dropped everything but my multi-vitamin and started Vitamin D, and I got my BFP yesterday at 11 dpo! : ) : ) : ) I also used pre-seed during every attempt (there were several), and I was eating the HE diet for the last month, so hopefully that was a good enough sway. Either way, I'm super excited to give my daughter a sibling! Thank you again for all of your help, atomic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast